There is so much wrong in "science"

Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 06:53 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Now that is truly an insult to humans as an intelligent species.

Yes, but it also shows that 'education' is in reality indoctrination, or mind-control. Your average 'scientist' can't think straight anymore.

The whole damn 'education' system is designed to make people dumb.
Leadfoot

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 07:01 am
@Palandre,
There is nothing wrong with a turtle exploring and understanding his terrarium.
But when they can’t see it’s a terrarium, that’s an insult to turtles.

That is the major flaw in academia. They accept the dogma that there is nothing on the other side of the glass.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 07:06 am
@Palandre,
Well one dare not mention God as a possibility in the secular biased scientific profession anymore that’s for sure...not even as a theory....do that and one will be in danger of losing ones job...Scientists are being indoctrinated down a controlled way of thinking definitely.Psychology is in total turmoil...it hasn’t a clue what it believes anymore.....and has now embraced Buddhism..in a desperate attempt to be taken seriously again.....
Leadfoot

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 07:14 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Psychology is in total turmoil...it hasn’t a clue what it believes anymore.....and has took up Buddhism..in a desperate attempt to be taken seriously again.....

Pretty good Jasper. Life is a bitch and then you die. At least it’s based on facts..

JC said pretty much the same thing. Follow him and your life will be filled with trials and tribulations. Then you will die.

It’s a hard sell no matter how you look at it.

Jasper10

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 07:16 am
@Leadfoot,
Well he did say other stuff as well...
Leadfoot

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 07:20 am
@Jasper10,
Thankfully, yes.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 08:18 am
@Palandre,
Palandre wrote:

Well, the whole of 'science' is setup in such a way that they won't come into sensitive areas.

You mean my groin?

Science goes there. It goes to your groin also.

Quote:
And furthermore, it seems you are really unaware of the history of 'science', as well as the origins of 'science',

Horse ****. I am as "aware" of the history and origins of science as you are.

It started with curiosity. Right?

Quote:
Btw nowadays there is no 'science' anymore, just scientism.

You really do like those horse **** bromides, don't you.

There is more science going on today...than in all of the rest of history combined. And that is despite the attempts of the ignorant religionists to subvert it.

Hope your 2021 is a healthy, contented year, Pal. Same for your family and friends.
Frank Apisa

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 08:19 am
@Palandre,
Palandre wrote:

Quote:
Now that is truly an insult to humans as an intelligent species.

Yes, but it also shows that 'education' is in reality indoctrination, or mind-control. Your average 'scientist' can't think straight anymore.

The whole damn 'education' system is designed to make people dumb.

If so..."they" were successful in your case.
Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 08:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
There is more science going on today...than in all of the rest of history combined

Please, show it then.
Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 08:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
If so..."they" were successful in your case.

why?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 08:48 am
@Frank Apisa,

I believe that's true. It started with curiosity, but that has swiftly been replaced by suspicions and conspiracy notions. A certain amount of skepticism is needed, but most skeptics will at least consider the evidence, the suspicious person will not be convinced regardless of how much 'evidence, truth, results' you give them. They simply cannot accept that someone is not trying to trick them.
maxdancona

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 08:52 am
@Palandre,
Palandre wrote:

Quote:
There is more science going on today...than in all of the rest of history combined

Please, show it then.

He says, rather ironically, on a digital computer connected to the global internet.
Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 08:54 am
@maxdancona,
Hmm you haven't read all my postings here, clearly.

That is not 'science', that is technology.
maxdancona

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 09:04 am
@Palandre,
I have read your "postings". I believe they are idiotic.

I work in technology. It is based on science. If the people in charge of designing semiconductors don't have a firm grasp of Quantum Physics, they will be lost. I work in software and data science. I don't have much use for Physics in my particular job.

But my job is based mathematics. If I don't understand linear algebra and statstics, I can't do my job.

The people who send robots to mars can solve differential equations and have all studied General Relativity. I know this, because I was in these classes in university.

The idea that you can detach technology from science.

By the way 1 + 1 does equal 2
hightor

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 09:05 am
@Palandre,
Quote:
But you can start with an extract from the book:

Thanks.

But, you know, I'm not interested. So 1 + 1 doesn't equal 2. Okay, fine.
Barrie Condon wrote:
But, however you cut it, all our mathematics is built on a fundamental untruth because it supposes that two things can be considered identical.

Yeah, okay.

I don't care for the author's breezy style at all. I find his linkage between arithmetic and "evil" to be very uncompelling. I get the impression that he's just trying to be provocative.

maxdancona

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 09:09 am
@hightor,
I think the author is a fraud. He doesn't believe what he is writing.

He wants to sell books... and telling people who can't do math that math isn't real is a good way to sell books.
0 Replies

Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 09:16 am
@maxdancona,
Quantum physics is bollocks, really, Einstein was wrong, very very wrong.
and Einstein's stuff doesn't work

You might BELIEVE they work, but that is a whole other thing, of course.
Frank Apisa

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 09:30 am
@Palandre,
Palandre wrote:

Quote:

Please, show it then.

One cannot "show" things to someone purposefully blind.
Frank Apisa

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 09:31 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I believe that's true. It started with curiosity, but that has swiftly been replaced by suspicions and conspiracy notions. A certain amount of skepticism is needed, but most skeptics will at least consider the evidence, the suspicious person will not be convinced regardless of how much 'evidence, truth, results' you give them. They simply cannot accept that someone is not trying to trick them.

Yup.
0 Replies

Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 09:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
ahhh you can't

qed