Well, I am officially engaged.

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:07 am
My birthday was yesterday, so my partner took me out to dinner last night at a very nice restaurant (I had ostrich fillet flambeed w/brandy; he had hassenpfeffer.) That was lovely. Then, at the end of the meal, he pulls out a little bag and had designed a ring for me around a 5 ct. star ruby. Basically, 3 bands of white gold: 1 to symbolize us being engaged, one for my birthday, one for me being pregnant w/our first child together.

Our plan is to marry next year sometime, perhaps in the Black Forest of Germany if the paperwork isn't too prohibitive... We've been transitioning in to living together gradually... I have a teenager who is less than enthused about our family changes, then we have 3 littler ones between us... Ours to share is due in September...

It's funny, my family is all pretty much gone, and my best friend is off taking a test on Oahu today, then off for a month's vacation, so I have 2nd tier friends to tell, and then internet friends... I haven't been as active on these message boards as I was on my last internet "home" but that one has pretty much collapsed, and I just feel the need to share w/somebody somewhere... Embarrassed Hope that's ok w/you all... Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 990 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:08 am
Very Happy Congratulations!!!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:47 am
Yeah, PP!!!! Congrats.

ps... are you excited for lost to start again. or what?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:57 am
WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!

That is fantastic, PP! I'm glad you told us!

Do you have any idea what time of the year the wedding might be? The Black Forest is an unusual choice, it must mean something very special to you. Care to tell us?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 11:02 am
That is wonderful news, princess! Best wishes to you all! What a romantic proposal on your birthday that was. It sounds like you have a very wonderful and considerate man. Smile

Like Eva, I am also curious to hear about the Black Forest wedding...do tell!
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 01:43 pm
Why the Black Forest? He's from that region and returns w/his dependent son(s) every other year... His mother comes this way the alternating years(she just left)... He proposed that next year, we all go, and combine it w/a family trip + honeymoon. I'd suggested literally taking "the plunge" and getting married at the bottom of the sea in dive gear (he dives, but I'd have to get certified.) This was his counter-proposal to that... He'd mentioned this proposal months ago, but it's one thing to say you are engaged, another to have a ring to show off...

Apparently he's had the gem stone for 30 years, but didn't feel like giving it to his ex wife, or his #2 son's mother, but he felt inspired to have it set and give it to me. Maybe it's kismet... It's a lovely ring...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 01:46 pm
princesspupule wrote:

Apparently he's had the gem stone for 30 years, but didn't feel like giving it to his ex wife, or his #2 son's mother, but he felt inspired to have it set and give it to me. Maybe it's kismet... It's a lovely ring...

It just means that some things are meant to be! That ring has been waiting 30 years for you!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:22 pm
Best wishes, Princess.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:53 pm
Congrats and best wishes!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 04:45 pm
I am happy for you, Princess Pupule!

<I haven't gotten back to you yet on camping in italy... I am pretty dumb about that..>
0 Replies

Mintcake

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 01:04 am
That's really awesome. Really brightens the day. Thanks for telling us. Congratulations Princess.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 02:34 am
Thank you, everyone!

And Osso, if you don't ever get back to me, that is ok... Part of any adventure is figuring things out... I actually have a pretty clear idea of what we will be seeing in that region, and we'll figure out where we're staying a bit closer to the trip... The biggest problem seems to be that there are so many things worth seeing and not enough time... But it'll all work out how it is meant to. (I'm taking the ring as a sign: that's pretty cool how it waited for me, all these many years... He's really quite wonderful!)
0 Replies

tldr

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 04:45 am
Congratulations. I am so happy for you!! at least he made it really nice for you. most guys dont. lol. I hope you are happy together. and congrats on your baby
0 Replies