Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2020 11:26 am
Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Poverty is a condition imposed by governments through the tax system.

The world will have to pay dearly, not only now, but in the near future, for the hardships cause by this pandemic and the various other upcoming health crisis.

We are already handing our children a dying planet. Will we saddle them with more poverty as well?

Poverty is created by the tax system. Gandhi also said that to impose poverty was a crime.

The tax system is controlled by the rich. Demographically speaking, this fact is proven by their outrageous demographic position and control of the legislation.

Will the rich swallow the huge debt that will soon hit us, or will they place the debt as more poverty for our next extinction bound generation?

The next tax laws, everywhere, will show if more poor die, or if the rich will give up their loose change, which is all that it takes, to end poverty.

Regards
DL

coldjoint

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2020 07:39 pm
@Greatest I am,
China.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2020 03:23 pm
@Greatest I am,
The people have determined that all those who refused to heed medical advice and warnings will be footing the bills.

In the tragic instances where these persons were ravaged by Covid-19 and subsequently died, their possessions will be sold off and resulting monies will be applied to debt reduction. Any last will and testament will be declared null and void and proceeds from the estate will go to paying down the debt.
vikorr

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2020 06:16 am
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
I'm pretty sure those in countries without government - all of whom are almost universally poor, disagree. Same in those countries with governments that barely function - the river villages of Papua New Guinea for example, who don't get taxed, but are poor. History is full of city states that used to tax trade (tolls for entering a city or crossing a bridge) in order to collect tax, but there were still poor. Now if instead you said the ultra rich are using the tax system & government subsidies systems to make themselves even richer, then you'd be right.

In answer to your question though - the people will bear the brunt of it.
hingehead

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2020 06:48 am
@Greatest I am,
The poor, they already are. Look at employment stats and the Dow Jones.

In my stupid country, where so far we've avoided the worst (thank you Victoria) so, far our ridiculously malevolent government changed the rules to allow people to access their superannuation early - effectively outsourcing economic stimulus to those who could least afford it. A 30 year old takes $15K out now and loses $100K's by retirement, undermining superfunds for everyone else in the process. Assholes.
vikorr

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2020 02:49 pm
@hingehead,
For some it may have been a case of access their super funds or become homeless.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2020 05:41 pm
Super bender: retirement nest-egg withdrawals used to boost spending on non-essentials

Australians dipping into their superannuation nest-egg during the coronavirus crisis have spent nearly $3000 more than normal in the fortnight after receiving the lump sum and about two-thirds of the additional purchases were on non-essentials including gambling, alcohol and furniture.

New spending data shows 40 per cent of those accessing their super experienced no drop in income during the pandemic, or their loss was fully offset by government payments, raising questions about whether they really needed the money.
Full Article:
https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/super-bender-retirement-nest-egg-withdrawals-used-to-boost-spending-on-non-essentials-20200531-p54y5q.html
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 03:09 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

China.

Fat chance.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 03:12 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

The people have determined that all those who refused to heed medical advice and warnings will be footing the bills.

In the tragic instances where these persons were ravaged by Covid-19 and subsequently died, their possessions will be sold off and resulting monies will be applied to debt reduction. Any last will and testament will be declared null and void and proceeds from the estate will go to paying down the debt.

Let us pray that all who made it worse get chastised somehow. I cannot wish them harm tho9ugh. Mind you, a good tongue lashing would be ok.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 03:15 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Quote:
I'm pretty sure those in countries without government - all of whom are almost universally poor, disagree. Same in those countries with governments that barely function - the river villages of Papua New Guinea for example, who don't get taxed, but are poor. History is full of city states that used to tax trade (tolls for entering a city or crossing a bridge) in order to collect tax, but there were still poor. Now if instead you said the ultra rich are using the tax system & government subsidies systems to make themselves even richer, then you'd be right.

In answer to your question though - the people will bear the brunt of it.

Of course. There is no one else. That does n9ot give us which sector.

Somehow i do not see the rich paying what they cannot write off and make even more profit from doing.

Regards
DL
0 Replies