Why is This Thread Closed For Replies? : Pardon Trump from all charges if he just leaves??

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:41 pm
I find that I cannot reply either to a perticular post (there is no reply button) or to all (it just takes me to the top of the opening post). What gives?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,444 • Replies: 41

maxdancona

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:45 pm
@Brandon9000,
I am going to guess there was a lot of petty squabbling on that thread and more personal attacks than content?

That seems to be the pattern.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
Citation please.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 01:44 pm
@Brandon9000,
Pretty sure once it gets down to "you're stupid! No, you're stupid" they just lock it down.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 01:49 pm
A number of progressives have been piling personal attacks on me, and that thread is one of the places where they were doing so.

I confess that I was retaliating against the personal attacks directed at me.

I did not go through the entire thread to see, but it looks like much of the name-calling was removed. Perhaps it will be unlocked once the moderators are satisfied that they have cleaned the thread sufficiently.

About a year ago someone suggested to me that I should put the name-callers on ignore and just not respond to them at all. I did not do so, but have kept the option in mind.

I asked for opinions on such a course of action in the thread that is now locked. But since it is now locked, no one can reply.

So I'll ask it here. Does anyone think that I should put the name-callers on ignore and just not respond to them at all?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 01:53 pm
@oralloy,
Why not stop claiming you have an IQ of 170, because that’s just asking for it?

When you make such claims your intelligence, or lack of it, becomes fair game.

If you stop with the spurious claims about being smart people won’t need to point out how ridiculous that claim is.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 01:56 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Why not stop claiming you have an IQ of 170, because that's just asking for it?

It is reasonable for me to set the record straight when people lie about me.

izzythepush wrote:
When you make such claims your intelligence, or lack of it, becomes fair game.

You are reversing cause and effect. The untrue claims about my intelligence come first. Then I point out that my IQ is 170.

izzythepush wrote:
If you stop with the spurious claims about being smart people won't need to point out how ridiculous that claim is.

The truth by definition is not spurious.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 01:59 pm
@oralloy,
You’re not setting the record straight, you’re making claims that are ridiculous.

Nobody believes you have a high IQ, nobody.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:02 pm
@oralloy,
I’m actually giving you good advice, if you knock the high IQ claims on the head you will get a lot less grief.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:02 pm
@oralloy,
If I may ask, how did you find out your IQ is 170?

When I asked JGoldman about his high IQ, he said he took a test at school 20+ years ago. He is indeed proficient in mathematics, but he is lacking in other fields and critical thinking.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:04 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I took a test in college. But I've always known that I was massively intelligent.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:05 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The story keeps changing. Originally he was asked to move some shapes about while he was at Kindergarten. He was so good the teachers immediately declared him a genius and sent him home because there was nothing they could teach him.

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:06 pm
@izzythepush,
That is not true at all.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:07 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You're not setting the record straight, you're making claims that are ridiculous.

That is incorrect. When I point out that my IQ is 170, I am setting the record straight.

izzythepush wrote:
Nobody believes you have a high IQ, nobody.

Actually plenty of intelligent people have recognized me as one of them.

However, it wouldn't matter even if they didn't. The truth it true even when people refuse to accept it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:08 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I'm actually giving you good advice, if you knock the high IQ claims on the head you will get a lot less grief.

It is not in my nature to stay silent when people say untrue things about me.

And since the untrue claims about me came first, it seems unlikely that I would stop encountering them if I stopped challenging them.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:10 pm
@oralloy,
The reason I ask is because you purportedly have a higher IQ than Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking, both with an IQ of 160 and are respected scientists in their fields.

However, you haven't showcased any level of genius here, unless you are also skilled in mathematics like JGoldman (a skill that can't be easily displayed on online forums.)
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:12 pm
@oralloy,
Yes it is, that’s what you originally said.

I’ve taught special needs kids, they all thought they were massively intelligent too.

I’ve not seen any evidence that you’re of above average intelligence. I am convinced that you’re not very smart at all.

That’s not an insult, it’s what I genuinely believe based on your responses. They are repetitive and you have a limited vocabulary and no sense of humour.

I do not like Goergebob at all, but I have never called him stupid because he’s clearly quite intelligent, and he doesn’t need to claim he’s clever because his posts are. Yours aren’t.

You do call people stupid as an insult. You called Farmerman stupid, and he’s actually quite smart.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:32 pm
I am not sure if Izzy and Oralloy have an IQ of 170 combined.

It is amusing that they keep arguing about it.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:34 pm
@maxdancona,
I have a 170 IQ all by myself.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:35 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Yes it is, that's what you originally said.

No it isn't.

izzythepush wrote:
I've not seen any evidence that you're of above average intelligence. I am convinced that you're not very smart at all.

How do you rationalize your inability to point out any untrue statements in my posts?

izzythepush wrote:
They are repetitive and you have a limited vocabulary and no sense of humour.

My repetitive responses are because I am replying to progressives who repeat the same thing.

My vocabulary is fine. So is my sense of humor.

izzythepush wrote:
Yours aren't.

Your inability to point out anything untrue in my posts speaks for itself.

izzythepush wrote:
You do call people stupid as an insult.

Only when I'm setting the record straight after they lie about me.

izzythepush wrote:
You called Farmerman stupid, and he's actually quite smart.

Not compared to me he isn't.

I wouldn't have felt any need to comment on his inferiority if he had not been making untrue statements about my intelligence first.