Are there any 'single' cities?

daverod

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 06:49 pm
Are there any 'single' cities where the majority of residents are 'single' and without family in any sense?

I would think that such 'cities' would be a gold mine for developers seeking to promote that single city kind of lifestyle in the U.S.

Rather than many ending up on the streets of Seattle, they might end up in these cities...

This California ghost town just sold for over $1 million

https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article213012859.html

Create some night lights and night venues, maybe some high rises, and you've got yourself a single city. I'm not sure how the taxes will get paid for, but at least it might be up and running for a certain length of time.

I'm sure there are alot of young ones who can invest or come up with those monies to do such things for their age peer group.

To be honest, if they know what they are doing, they can be a part in saving U.S tradition by doing so.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,302 • Replies: 4
No top replies

daverod

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 07:05 pm
@daverod,
Nell, 23, left, and Selena Cruz, 23, pose for a selfie outside Casa De Ruby, a Washington, D.C., shelter for homeless lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth.

A Hidden Population: Youth Homelessness Is on the Rise

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2017/07/07/a-hidden-population-youth-homelessness-is-on-the-rise

They are the nation’s invisible homeless population, undercounted for years, hiding out in cars and abandoned buildings, in motels and on couches, often trading sex for a place to sleep. And now, for a complex variety of reasons, the number of youth — teens and young adults — living on the street appears to be growing.

'trading sex'. for a place to sleep. It must be with persons who own or who rent or who have places for them to 'sleep'.

Young homeless people are at risk for a host of troubles with long-lasting impact, including substance abuse, mental health problems and physical abuse, as well as sexual exploitation. Many get caught up in the criminal justice system. Up to 40 percent of homeless youth are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.

The federal government defines homeless youth as people under age 25 who are living without a parent or guardian. Activists, advocates, researchers and policymakers say it makes sense to think about homeless youth aged 12 to 24 as a group, even though some are just entering their teens and others are well on the path to adulthood. That’s because research has shown that young brains aren’t fully developed until around age 25, and youth don’t fully understand the consequences of their actions.

There’s no one reason for the rise in youth homelessness, said Naomi Smoot, executive director of the Coalition for Juvenile Justice. Communities are just starting to get better data on homeless youth, which may be one reason for the increase. Then again, Smoot said, “it’s the drug crisis, it’s the economy, it’s the cost of housing, jobs being scarce.”

“As a result, growing numbers of young people are having to take care of themselves on the street at a very young age.”

--
Communities are just starting to get better data on homeless youth, which may be one reason for the increase. Then again, Smoot said, “it’s the drug crisis, it’s the economy, it’s the cost of housing, jobs being scarce.”

“As a result, growing numbers of young people are having to take care of themselves on the street at a very young age.”

huh?

Are you saying that 12 -24 year olds are being told to 'take care of themselves' at a very young age?

God bless those who still have parents or guardians watching over them, right?

Why would I, as a 12-24 year old person think of leaving 'home'? On the basis of my sexuality? Then I should marry.
daverod

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 07:22 pm
@daverod,
Tell me, why is it so difficult to call strange things, 'strange'?

When children are living under the provisions of their parents, why is it strange to think or to know that the parents would have certain guidelines for them to follow in order to abide in the home? Not only do the parents have to 'work' to keep the home up and running, but they also have to cook, to clean and to keep up with their own personal lives. Why is it so difficult to know or think that to be respectful to the parents' needs as well as wishes is part of the parenting/child relationship?

If they ask you to be in by a certain time, what is so 'wrong' with/about that? This way, they can lock up their home and sleep peacefully.

What parent allows for their child to go and enter as they please at all hours of the night?

For those that do, I'm sure they have an agreement. A trust factor and a responsibility factor that the parent has granted to the child. Or that the child has 'earned'.

But to give the house keys to a grade schooler so that he/she can enter into the home when noone is even around in the neighborhood in some suburban towns, is probably a bit scary. Suburban neighborhoods are usually filled with empty drive ways at 3:00 p.m. It's almost like a 'ghost-town'.

Or, 'holy ghost-town'.

And so again, you can distinguish between the obedient children and the non obedient children by what they are doing at certain times of the day and evening. For those that seem as the non obedient types, they also need places to sleep and places to have their foods and showers. Which is the even more strange thing.
daverod

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 07:38 pm
@daverod,
Their parents/guardians must be oblivious as to what they are doing when they are not home.

One of the 'joys' of having a parent(s) is to be able to be 'mindful' of them.

To be able to think of ways to honor and to bring little 'goodies' to them is a joy. To the 'dad/father', ways to surprise him with a mowed lawn. Or for the 'mom/mother' to have the living room or bathroom cleaned up. Little things like this which brings a joyful surprise and appreciation to them is as like little sparks of joy that spread all throughout the home.

It can even be a clean sink for when they come out from after dinner t.v.

They have bought the children 'gifts'. But since the children often times cannot buy their parents gifts, they can 'give gifts' of other sorts.

It can be difficult when the parent(s) are not in a good relationship with one another and this can be difficult.

Divorce and the processes of divorce and family abuse is very detrimental which The LORD and God does hate.

See the strangeness of youths being non mindful to their parents but out and about with their parents being oblivious as to what they might be doing.
daverod

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 07:54 pm
@daverod,
And to think that these 'joys' are stripped out of family and individual lives all due to some higher up's desire for them to be so.
0 Replies