BBQ at Montana's July 2006

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 01:44 pm
Hi everybody. I'd like to know how many of you (my A2K family) would be interested in coming up north to visit with and have a BBQ with yours truly? I know it's a bit out of the way for all of you, but I also know that some of you love to travel and I would be thrilled to have you over to my place for a BBQ and good times, this time next year.

Whatcha think? Any takers? Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,750 • Replies: 48
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 02:09 pm
do I need a visa?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 02:12 pm
If I can convince the girly... It's been a few years since I last visited the northern end of I-95! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 02:17 pm
Dys
Nope, you're in the clear. All you need is that handsome cowboy face and the special lady who shares your boots :-D

Fishin
That would simply be awesome. I am getting very excited now :-D
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 03:03 pm
Would dearly love to, Montana, so give it a maybe. It couldn't be this year though. I've pretty much used up my vacation and travel options for a while.

Oh, I see you already specified July of 2006. I won't commit till I'm sure I can make it, and anyway, there are already 40something people in NB that I hate already. Miserable little pipsqueaks don't deserve an invitation to a dog fight.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 03:38 pm
Oh Roger, you dear sweet friend. I would be most delighted if you would gift us with you wonderfulness, even in spite of the 40 something New Brunswickers you hate.

Well show em how to have a good time ;-)

No pressure Roger, but I do hope you can come :-D
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:25 pm
Aw, I'm sure the 40something won't be there next year, either.

It's going to be awhile before I can see which week would work for me. It's a job thing, you know. Flights might be kind of tight on the 4th of July weekend, of course. I checked Orbitz for Albquerque, NM to YourTown, NB, and it came up dry. Frederickton (YFC) airport seems to be about it, and so far, it looks doable. Anyway, setting up email updates for the topic. That makes two, the other being "Goodnight Pueo."
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:36 pm
Okay, then, triplicate post.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:41 pm
Duplicate post
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:41 pm
Bit of a way for a BBQ - you'd want to have bloody good steaks, and good red wine!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:53 pm
Do we get to spend the night? Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:00 pm
You giving it some consideration, Lady J.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:13 pm
I am Roger. I really am. Between the sleep over at Dys and Diane's next year and Montana's BBQ, what better company could one find anywhere? Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 11:38 pm
Oh, you're going to love dys & Di, if you haven't already met them. When you going to be in albuquerque? If it's a weekend, I just might drive down. I saw on another thread that Pifka is going to make the bbq. This is starting to look big.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 01:16 am
Is the green eyed hunk also coming ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 01:34 am
When I/we will really manage to go to the USA next year (if they let me in, and I get a map [just in case, dys, asks :wink: ]), we would like to.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 02:05 am
roger wrote:
Oh, you're going to love dys & Di, if you haven't already met them. When you going to be in albuquerque? If it's a weekend, I just might drive down. I saw on another thread that Pifka is going to make the bbq. This is starting to look big.

I love Dys and Di already and I haven't met them yet! I was going to try to when I moved from California to Oklahoma, but we ended up taking the I-80 route instead so we could stop and see my 93 year old grandmother. I knew I'd have many more chances to meet Dys and Diane, but not sure how many more visits I can get with Grandma.

As far as I know, I'll be headed to Albuquerque sometime after ossobuco gets moved there. She doesn't have a date set for that yet, so it is wide open! But I am definitely, definitely looking forward to it! Smile I'll keep you posted if you'd like!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 02:07 am
the prince wrote:
Is the green eyed hunk also coming ?

Oh, Prince G! If the incredible green eyed hunk was one of the people that stood our Montana up, he may well now be the incredible green eyed jerk. Sad
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 02:11 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
When I/we will really manage to go to the USA next year (if they let me in, and I get a map [just in case, dys, asks :wink: ]), we would like to.

WooHoo! You're coming to the USA, Walter? We may be renting out an entire wing of some hotel at this rate! Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 07:48 am
We should check with Montana on that. The town might be too small to have a hotel, with or without wings.
0 Replies