BBQ at Montana's July 2006

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 08:47 am
Roger, I'm looking at the 2nd week of July, so I wonder if you'll have better luck getting a flight out then.
I totally understand the work thing, so don't worry if you can't swing it ;-)

Margo
Yeah, it sure is out of the way, but am I not worth it? LOL!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 08:57 am
Lady J
Of course you can spend the night, since I do happen to have a spare bedroom and I would be tickled pink if you'd come :-D

Prince
I doubt that green eyes will be coming, since he didn't show up for this last one, but I forgive him since he doesn't have a car and he couldn't find a ride. That was his excuse anyway.

Walter
Are you saying you'd consider coming here, or are you talking about going to the states?

Roger
LOL, don't worry, there are plenty of hotels around here and I'll eventually get the names and #s of all the ones in my area ;-)
We're not that secluded, lol!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:15 am
I'm saying about considering about talking - well, I certainly would (and maybe really next year).

But Mrs. Walter would like to join me - unfortunately, both of us can't leave mother for more than two days ...

So, all is a "perhaps/maybe/sooner or later".
(So, no need to start firing up the charcoal NOW for me.)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:43 am
Well, I know I would be honoured to have you and Mrs. Walter join us, but if you can't make it, of course I completely understand :-)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:47 am
<We don't eat that much>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:50 am
LOL! I wouldn't mind one bit if you do, Walter ;-)

Eat, drink and be merry :-D
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:12 am
dropping in a bookmark

I'm generally not a summer traveller, but ya never know.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:17 am
Right on, Beth! Hope you can make it :-D

Not to brag, but I'm a pretty damn good cook ;-)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:32 am
Oooh, gonna have to start planning now for next July. Put Bear and I down for a strong possible. Not sure if we'll be allowed to fly in due to our postings here, but if we aren't on the "No Fly List", I couldn't think of a better time or place to be in July.

I've never been that far north.

Hey, will the cabin be built by then? Can we camp? Ya got any Bears up there?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:39 am
New Brunswick sounds prefect for a summer visit. If we can make it we certainly will--besides,Dys has had a crush on you for years. you are definitely one of his a2k sweeties and I love you just from ocassional postings here. This sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:48 am
Oh man, are you for real? This is just too good to be true :-D

Unfortunately, unless I hit the lottery, I don't think my cabin will be up by next year, but you never know.
You are more than welcome set up camp as we have 5 acres of land, with half of that neatly mowed. Hell, I'll pop a tent and sleep out there with you guys.
It's times like this where I wish I had 20 bedrooms.
There are some bears up this way, but I don't think there are any in these woods because of all the animals I've seen, I've never seen a bear.
Looks like your bear will be the first :-D
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:52 am
Montana wrote:

Prince
I doubt that green eyes will be coming, since he didn't show up for this last one, but I forgive him since he doesn't have a car and he couldn't find a ride. That was his excuse anyway.

He could not find a ride ? Shocked

<runs off to book a ticket to Canada>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:59 am
Diane wrote:
New Brunswick sounds prefect for a summer visit. If we can make it we certainly will--besides,Dys has had a crush on you for years. you are definitely one of his a2k sweeties and I love you just from ocassional postings here. This sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!

Be still my heart. Big hugs for you and Dys :-D

This is going to be the best party I've ever had Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 11:00 am
LOL, Prince! You gonna go pick him up? ;-)
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 03:45 pm
roger wrote:
Flights might be kind of tight on the 4th of July weekend, of course. I checked Orbitz for Albquerque, NM to YourTown, NB, and it came up dry. Frederickton (YFC) airport seems to be about it, and so far, it looks doable.

A few suggestions for anyone looking to trim flight costs - You could fly to Boston and then make the 7 or so hour drive (yuck) or try Bangor, ME (Aiprort code "BGR") and cut it down to 3 hours drive or Presque Isle, ME (Airport code "PQI") and cut it down to to an hour or so.

The times, I believe, are pretty close unless Montana has moved form when we last talked about it! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 05:49 pm
Fishin
Bangor is more like 5 hours from here. We're a little over 3 hours from the Holton, Maine border.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 11:18 am
It's a shame that I didn't make our BBQ this year, because they just had the big outhouse race on Hillsborough Laughing

http://canadaeast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:44 pm
Escuse me!?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:29 am
LOL! Just something that was happening in my area and made the front page of the paper.

I hope I didn't offend anyone, because that is the last thing I want to do!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:57 am
Oh. I thought it was the beginning of another Newfie joke. It really happened, and I missed it?
0 Replies