Ending it...

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 02:43 am
I wish I'd had somewhere like this to ask these kind of questions when I was a teenager.

Angelina - if it's not working for you, it's not working as a relationship. It only takes one to make it end, but needs both of you to be interested to keep it going.

Try setting yourself the objective of being kind AND truthful in what you say. I've heard "it's not working" many times and said it quite a few! It becomes easier to deal with the more you realise that it's not the one and only time you'll ever like someone and that, with a little time, you'll both move on.

If you like him, you can still be friends, can't you? Offer him what you can but be clear about what you can't. Treat him as you would wish to be treated - better to know the truth than to base a relationship on false assumptions.

Best of luck

KP
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 04:40 am
ok, he rang me this morning cos he wanted to know what i was getting at the other day when i hinted things werent good. by the end of the phone call he wished he hadnt rung and we were both in tears, im still upset.

he made it difficult cos he was refusing to accept it and just kept saying we could work it out. i told him we couldnt and we decided to meet up tomorrow. he wanted to know exact problems but i couldnt give any examples specifically and the ones i did give were poor. i didnt just want to say ive fallen out of love because it sounded way too harsh but i was lost for words most of the time.
0 Replies

tldr

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 05:20 am
if you dont love him anymore then you have got to tell him. This way he might stop calling you and wanting to get back with you. It is not fair to 'lead' him on should i say, you need to explain that you dont have any feelings for him anymore. If this doesnt work and he still calls you, call the police and do him for harrassment and get a restraining order. This might help.

Sorry if that sounds a little bit too harsh but you cant block out you feelings to please him.
0 Replies