Ending it...

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 04:48 pm
me and my boyfriend have been together for 6 months almost, and this is the first time either of us has a had a relationship. over the past month or so we've really drifted apart, when we talk we seem to argue, but its always about futile matters and the arguments arnt so much arguments as silences.

he tells me he loves me yet sometimes i feel like he doesnt respect me or care how i feel, i know this other guy whose always considerate and kind but my boyfriend seems to just want me to care about him and doesnt want the hassle of asking how i am once in a while. i don't know if i'm still in love with him and i don't know what to do anymore, should i end it or pray we'll grow to love each other properly again?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,648 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:06 pm
How old are you and your boyfriend?
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 05:48 am
im 15 hes 16 were in the same year at school
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:17 am
angelina_papina wrote:
im 15 hes 16 were in the same year at school

It figures.

Angelina- There will be many more loves in your life. Now is the time for you to meet different kinds of boys, and have relationships on many levels, so that when you are older, you will have a good idea as to what kind of person you want for the rest of your life. The reason that you are agonizing, is that you have not had the time or the experience to develop good coping skills with boy-girl relationships. Move on!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 12:41 pm
angelina noted:

Quote:
...over the past month or so we've really drifted apart...

Drifting apart is not surprising. Perhaps both of you have changed--perhaps only one of you has changed. You have definitely changed each other and helped each other discover who you are as people and what you want in a romantic relationship.

End your relationship now while you can still make the break gracefully.
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 04:11 pm
how though?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 04:24 pm
"I think we're done, don't you?" would be a start.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 04:25 pm
Face to face is definitely better than on the telephone.

Personally, I prefer a public or semi public place for discussing touchy personal matters.

Tell your soon-to-be-ex that you've had a wonderful six months with him and he's a terrific fellow, but you've been worried about all the quarreling and sniping that has started between the two of you. Suggest that perhaps a time out would be a good idea.

Explain that you don't have any other guy on your mind, but you think that a summer away from romance would be good for you both.
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:05 am
it all sounds so easy but i saw him yesterday and he's really happy with us. i think the saying love is blind should be changed to love makes you blind.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:10 am
That is a wise statement. The feeling of love can blind you. But you know what you need to do. Don't tie youself down to a relationship that isn't working.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:10 am
Angelina-you're wise beyond your years and wise enough to heed good counsel, I'm sure
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 02:34 pm
Ask him how he feels about the sniping and snapping.

You don't have to ditch him--you don't have to keep him, either.
0 Replies

tldr

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:14 am
really the choice is yours. But being with someone who you think doesnt like you any more is totally not the sane thing to do. As people say - there's plenty more fish in the sea. You still have the rest of your life and throughout this life you will meat many more boys and maybe someday you will be able to setle down with someone who genuinely cares for you for who you are, not what they want you to be.
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:03 am
i really appreciate all your help, im on msn now and hes just said- are things between us okay? - it's times like this that i don't know what to say.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:06 am
angelina_papina wrote:
i really appreciate all your help, im on msn now and hes just said- are things between us okay? - it's times like this that i don't know what to say.

Say no, actually they aren't. And just tell him that things aren't the same and both of you know that they aren't working anymore. Be honest and kind but be firm.
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 01:54 pm
He thinks things are working, i feel bad, but i know what i have to do. in theory its easy...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:49 pm
Some of the most meaningful moments in life are not easy.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:56 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Some of the most meaningful moments in life are not easy.

<<nodding vigeously>> Childbirth comes to mind...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 03:12 pm
Bella Dea wrote:

Say no, actually they aren't. And just tell him that things aren't the same and both of you know that they aren't working anymore. Be honest and kind but be firm.

^^ What she said. It will only be hard until its over. You aren't happy about ending it, but it just isn't working for you. It's worse to keep someone hanging on. He already suspects something's up. Go ahead and let him down gently.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 03:39 pm
caca poopoo. girls have cooties anyways.
0 Replies