What's the likelihood of being discovered online?

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 11:17 am
@JGoldman10,
You were told previously that it is not at all necessary to live in Los Angeles or New York City to work for DC and Marvel.

I said before that for a while, The Spider-Man comics were worked on by a writer based in Oregon and an artist based in Italy who speaks limited English.

UK based writer Alan Moore wrote for DC without ever leaving his hometown of Northhampton.

You were also told of why the companies moved in a previous thread.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 11:21 am
@JGoldman10,
Recently, DC made a 30 minute spotlight video on artist Jorge Jimenez, who lives in Spain, speaks mainly Spanish, and is currently the main artist on the Batman comics.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 01:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'm producing cartoons and comics that are throwbacks to old cartoons and comics.

That doesn't answer this.
izzythepush wrote:

I doubt kids will want what you have to offer.

Your retro throwbacks will likely be culturally irrelevant and quite possibly morally repugnant if you add your homophobic Christian perspective.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:15 pm
@JGoldman10,
Smaller studios have slightly higher chances than just working solo to get discovered but still low overall.

Some studios prefer not to be bought by major companies and want to remain independent.

Sounds like you do want to be discovered by a major company.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
Here is what preschool children watch on YouTube. It has almost 2 billion views. The channel, Cocomelon, produce similar content, and each video gets a 1 million views in a single day

Based on what my nieces and nephews watch, children watch toy unboxing videos, Barbie/dolls videos (with questionable content), and gameplay videos (Minecraft, Roblox, Fort Nite being popular games).

Have you considered just working for an animation company for a few years to get enough money and improve your skills? Then later, leave and work on your personal projects?
It is what most creators do, like Mark Millar (worked for DC/Marvel, left to create his own company Millarworld).

Seems like that would have been ideal to do after you went to art school.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I'm not putting LGBTQIA material in them. Kids don't need that.

So much for your claim of being all for diversity. Children definitely do need to know, to be aware of all types of people. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Atheists... All religious views. Black, white,orange or green or even blue. All races. All ethnicities. All sexualities.

That does not mean you have to include the things that offend your beliefs in your creative ventures, just know that being completely about diversity means embracing or at least accepting people of all backgrounds and beliefs and practices.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 03:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
Everything is from God. Go out into the animal kingdom, even by non-humans are of various sexuality. God is about love. Love even your enemy. Or is it perhaps you that is not of God?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 03:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
...and compromise being a good Christian...

You compromised that ages ago. The level of sanctimony and hatred you spew are clear evidence that you are compromised.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 03:32 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I want to call my cartoon studio "Goldtoon Studios" and my comic publishing company "Alliance Comics". I'd like to label my toons and comics with these brands respectively before showcasing them online in video form on video-sharing sites, social media sites and on other video platforms, and showcase my material in as many formats as I can on as many online platforms as I can.

I think brand recognition would help, am I right?

If so, we'll go from here and see what happens.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 03:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Alliance Comics
?

You might want to get a different name. Alliance is already taken.
www.alliancecomicsonline.com
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:33 pm
@Sturgis,
I didn't say my company names were etched in stone but okay.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:35 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Okay. Which thread was this in?
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:38 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

You were told previously that it is not at all necessary to live in Los Angeles or New York City to work for DC and Marvel.

Right. People can work from home and interface with people from NYC and/or L.A. right?
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
Writers and artists have been doing that for years.

Patricia Highsmith lived in Mexico while she was writing for Fawcett Comics in the 1940s; this was before her more successful novelist career began.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 05:00 pm
@Rebelofnj,
They've been interfacing for years?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 05:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Rebelofnj wrote:

Okay. Which thread was this in?

Where is the thread?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 05:02 pm
@Rebelofnj,
So DC and Marvel will let people freelance for them and let them work from home?
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 05:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
We discussed this months ago.
https://able2know.org/topic/547206-3#post-6991411

The video I linked to featured one of DC's top artists working from Spain.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 05:16 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Thank you. How are people interfacing? Are they doing this via video conferencing or by using snail mail?
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 05:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
That was discussed in the link.

Honestly, you really do repeat the same questions every few months.