"I owe all my success to stupidity"

Diane

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:35 pm
Yeah, Edgar. I'll have a little Maker's Mark please, on ice with water.
BTW, do you plan to stock condoms in your liquor store?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:37 pm
I plan to place a plethora of practically all possible proscribed products posthaste.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:37 pm
Don Quixote lives--and rides under the Sign of the Cross.

The Internet has hard core enclaves, why not the real world?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:38 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Well, I'm glad (I guess) that you finally got all that off your chest. Hope you feel better now.

How very silly of you . . . i've slammed you worse than that in other threads. Your posturing is very cute.

Quote:
I believe Monaghan is a rather easy target and made the serious point that there are equivalent, but less evident things out there. I believe that was an appropriate supplement to Dys' post which opened the thread.

You tried to take things in a different direction. Again OK by me - that is your right, but recognize that mine is no less.

That is utter nonsense . . . i didn't try to take the thread anywhere, i just made a wry observation. Apparently you aren't sufficiently Irish to have the legendary ironic sense of humor associated with my ancestors.

Quote:
I'll continue to ignore the name-calling and boasting. I believe you seriously demean yourself in doing it. That's schoolboy stuff, and you should rise above it.

Once again, i'll simply refer to a quote of you which McG uses as his tag line: "Excessively patronizing postures are often an indicator of those whose self-images exceed their ability." -Georgeob1
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:43 pm
You know ... it really was a good line! However I never contemplated a reference to myself in it.

You need some of Edgar's brandy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:45 pm
Pretzel, anyone?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:47 pm
No pretzels, just brandy - quick!
0 Replies