I'm going bonkers. What does your gut say (gender prediction

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:02 am
It's true what fbaezer says about the names. We had three or four girl names and only one boy name when my son was born. We had had an ultrasound, but there was some doubt and I secretly wanted a girl. The second time around, the ultrasound was done much later because there was some confusion about dates and it was clear as day that she was a girl girl girl. I was so happy to have one of each. We could not agree on her name and it took us two days after her birth to decide.

I remember having a conversation with my sister when I was pregnant with my son, my first, and telling her I was hoping for a girl because I wouldn't know what to do with a boy. That seems strange in retrospect. But everyone said it was a boy -- husband, mom, friends, and sisters. He has turned out to be a very sweet and funny little boy and I'm glad we had him first.

I will say that best thing about pregnancy is the anticipation of meeting the new little person. The excitement and the preparation can distract from the physical discomfort and moodiness. Thanks, Joa, for sharing it with us.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:40 am
Joahaeyo wrote:
so my gut ...says boy now. Well truthfully, my gut has been saying that for a long time, but then inside I tell myself I secretly want a girl. Smile

Funny!
When i was pregnant that is what I swore I was having... a boy.
All of my dreams were of boys. I even had dreams where I could see the baby and the baby was a boy.
Mr Wolf was questioning me a few times about what I thought the baby was and my responces were along the lines of --
" I am the mother, I know what I feel, my gut says boy, my dreams say boy.. if it isnt a boy then i will never trust my gut again."
Or- " You KNOW women KNOW thier bodies.. women ALWAYS know what they are going to have . It is a BOY !!!!!"

then

ultrasound said GIRL
Shocked
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:49 am
I think we must have gotten each other's dreams, shewolf. The same thing happened to me in reverse.

I was absolutely 100% sure it was a girl for 9 straight months. There was no doubt in my mind. I said all the same things you did. You could've knocked me over with a feather when the baby was born and the doctor said, "Congratulations, it's a boy!"

So much for women's intuition, huh?! Smile

Good preparation for parenthood, though. It was HARDLY the last time I've been 100% wrong about the kid!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 11:45 am
I just can't believe that the doctor is going to possibly tell me in exactly three weeks Very Happy

We should find out where we will be living (moving to - military) this week too!!!!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 11:58 am
I keep feeling its a boy, Jo. I don't know why, but that just keeps coming back to me. It's why I didn't post right away when you started this thread. I wanted to give myself some time to think about it and it still keeps coming back to boy.

I lovedbeing pregnant. I loved every aspect of it, even the parts that most women complain about. To me, it was purely miraculous how I was growing this little human inside of me. I knew both times that I was pregnant before any OTC test showed I was and both times the doctor kind of laughed at me when I showed up at his office and told him I was. Kind of like a "yeah, right, this early and you know? Let's run a blood test." Both times they did and both times I was correct.

I was also 100 percent sure of the sex of each of my children, even very early on. Boy first, girl second. I had decided that when I was just a little girl, so it was total coincidence I know, but I didn't even pick out the other gender name at all when I was pregnant and during each pregnancy always called my baby inside by the name I had already chosen. Weird, huh? Boy, I could have been totally thrown for a loop if it hadn't worked out that way!

I was dreaming BIG too! I originally wanted 8 kids and I had 8 names picked out for their birth order. I wearily and somewhat sadly decided to stop at 2 when I had one of each and they were both 10 pounders and had to be delivered by C-section after 30 some hours of labor.

When asked how I was feeling after each one, my only response was, "God, I'd do this again in a heartbeat!"

Boy, boy, cute little boy is what I keep sensing for you. Prove me wrong if you really want that little girl! Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:06 pm
Chamomile tea was my best friend during pregnancy.
It helped with gas, stomach aches.. and later on when I was really big and couldnt quite get comfortable to fall asleep... it worked again.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:47 pm
Pregnant or not, I have always found chamomile tea very helpful for relaxation. I used to drink that during pregnancy as well. I also took natural papaya enzyme tabs for major heartburn. Ahhh, what a relief it was!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:38 pm
Yeah, Joa's back and pregnant too! Glad to see you back, Joa.

Congrats on the pregnancy.

My mother was totally convinced that I was going to be her second son. She only had a boy's name picked out. When I arrived without the requisite parts, she stuck and 'e' on the end and named me what she had planned all along. I have an unusual name for a girl.

I wanted, planned, and conceived two girls. When I was in college we had a lecture from a reproduction expert who told us how to make girl babies and how to make boy babies. It only works if your cycle is regular. It worked :wink:

Here's what he said...

If you want to have a girl you should have sex up until three days before ovulation, then wait. If you want to have a boy you should not have sex until you ovulate and then have it right away. Each sperm carries an X or a Y chromosome. Girl (X) sperm live longer and will be the only ones available when you ovulate if it's been more than two days since you had sex. Boy (Y) sperm swim faster and are more aggressive and will be the first on the scene to impregnate the egg (some things start early in life).

So Joa, if you were 'active' every day then it's a 50-50 tossup. If it was before you ovulated, it's probably a girl. If it had been awhile and you had sex right around the time you ovulated, it will probably be a boy.

Whatever it is, my best wishes to you, your husband, and the tike.
0 Replies