Relationships

Sat 29 Aug, 2020 09:58 am
How do you think, What is secret successful relationship??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 914 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed

hightor

Sat 29 Aug, 2020 04:17 pm
@AndrewWillie,
Luck.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 29 Aug, 2020 08:05 pm
A willingness to compromise.
0 Replies

Teufel

Sun 30 Aug, 2020 02:11 am
@AndrewWillie,

So as can be instantly seen, here's the issue ... sense is not common.

There are presently two replies.

* Luck .... That is utter piffle. There is no luck involved. None.

Luck is the result of hard work; the harder one works at something the luckier one becomes. Good fortune is out there in the ether, but luck you create.

* Compromise .... Also piffle. Never compromise. Never.

Compromise simply put is "I deeply dislike (that) but to continue the relationship I will turn a blind eye to it"

That almost always/soon becomes "I hate that **** you do!!" and the relationship dies as it should have originally when 'compromise' initially raised it's ugly head.

If there is something ones partner/spouse/whatever does which you do not like then you have to ACCEPT that. See the positive. My wife is a Dr and has mind which is always racing, this makes her untidy. Myself I am a tidy person ..... My 'tidiness' and her 'clutter' could be an issue but not to us .... Her random mind sees possibilities which I can miss, whilst my tidy mind sees the logic and issues which she can miss ... Ergo, together we are Gestalt. No compromise required nor sort.

There is a secret to reversing an articulated truck/ semi ... That secret is to start the reverse in the correct place and use the minimum of touch on the steering ... If you have to 'shunt' then always shunt far enough to get the vehicle straight ... Relationships which are successful are the same. One has to start with the correct person and that person is absolutely the one who mirrors you as closely as possible.

Meaning the same level of socio economic background. Similar IQ. Similar educational achievement. Similar views on politics, family, children, friends, being social and of course the big one for most ..... sex and what constitutes sex. Plus anything else which matters to the individuals concerned.

Next communication. One must communicate constantly with ones partner so both know exactly what is going on at all time. people do not 'do hints'. Rather they need clear, concise, factual information.

My wife and I have two adult children (both happy and successful doctors). Whilst we have a long, extremely happy and successful marriage ... because 99%, we matched when we met and now 99.9999% we think the same. We see ourselves as the one entity.

That is the secret to a fantastic relationship

Fortunately we were both previously divorced after short but truly awful marriages at a young age ... Which is why/how we knew what good relationship looked like.

0 Replies

Teufel

Sun 30 Aug, 2020 02:11 am
@AndrewWillie,
So, here's the issue ... sense is not common.

There are presently two replies.

* Luck .... That is utter piffle. There is no luck involved. None.

Luck is the result of hard work; the harder one works at something the luckier one becomes. Good fortune is out there in the ether, but luck you create.

* Compromise .... Also piffle. Never compromise. Never.

Compromise simply put is "I deeply dislike (that) but to continue the relationship I will turn a blind eye to it"

That almost always/soon becomes "I hate that **** you do!!" and the relationship dies as it should have originally when 'compromise' initially raised it's ugly head.

If there is something ones partner/spouse/whatever does which you do not like then you have to ACCEPT that. See the positive. My wife is a Dr and has mind which is always racing, this makes her untidy. Myself I am a tidy person ..... My 'tidiness' and her 'clutter' could be an issue but not to us .... Her random mind sees possibilities which I can miss, whilst my tidy mind sees the logic and issues which she can miss ... Ergo, together we are Gestalt. No compromise required nor sort.

There is a secret to reversing an articulated truck/ semi ... That secret is to start the reverse in the correct place and use the minimum of touch on the steering ... If you have to 'shunt' then always shunt far enough to get the vehicle straight ... Relationships which are successful are the same. One has to start with the correct person and that person is absolutely the one who mirrors you as closely as possible.

Meaning the same level of socio economic background. Similar IQ. Similar educational achievement. Similar views on politics, family, children, friends, being social and of course the big one for most ..... sex and what constitutes sex. Plus anything else which matters to the individuals concerned.

Next communication. One must communicate constantly with ones partner so both know exactly what is going on at all time. people do not 'do hints'. Rather they need clear, concise, factual information.

My wife and I have two adult children (both happy and successful doctors). Whilst we have a long, extremely happy and successful marriage ... because 99%, we matched when we met and now 99.9999% we think the same. We see ourselves as the one entity.

That is the secret to a fantastic relationship

Fortunately we were both previously divorced after short but truly awful marriages at a young age ... Which is why/how we knew what good relationship looked like.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 07:00 pm
Compromise is about giving to get something in the future. Compromise is about adapting to conditions as they are vs what they should/could/would have been. Compromise is bending and not breaking. Compromise is about synergy between two people and being flexible.

The alternative is 100% battle over every ******* thing.Which starts out exciting, then goes to entertaining, inconvenient, a pain in the ass, a royal pain in the ass and finally divorce.
0 Replies

Viktoriia

Mon 21 Sep, 2020 02:38 am
@AndrewWillie,
The secret of a good relationship is mutual understanding and support of the partner
0 Replies

Youria

Fri 30 Oct, 2020 04:13 am
@AndrewWillie,
It’s very important to be sincere. Don’t be afraid to show your partner what you feel. They are the person you are closest to. If you have any worries or something’s wrong, just say it. No one can read your mind. The first step to the solution of the problem is to talk about it.
0 Replies