Paranoia and protected sex

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 06:13 am
Hi,
I had a protected sex last night. The issue that I am concerned with is that while taking off condom I touched a tiny scar on my finger where i bite off the skin (size maybe 2mm wide). There was no blood there but outer layer of the skin were gone and I touched that part while taking off condom. The area of the condom was not inside the vagina. I don't know the health status of the another person.
I tested negative today to HIV but my conscience now plays with me telling me there is a tiny possibility that person has a HIV (condition1) and that I touched my scar with the part of the condom that was inside vagina (condition2) and that the touch was enough to transmit (c.3).
Now I know that there exist post sex 24/48 hrs pills that should protect against infection if taken till 48 hrs after intercourse but I am not sure should I proceed with that.
What do u guys and gals think? Thx in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 724 • Replies: 5
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 06:54 am
@justaskin,
1. It is actually very difficult to get HIV from a single encounter. Even if you had unprotected sex (without a condom) with a HIV+ person, you are still unlikely to get the disease. What you are describing is something different. There is a possibility that you contracted the disease. Based on what you are describing it seems very unlikely.

2. Taking an HIV test the day after a sexual encounter is useless. You need to wait a few weeks (and I think they recommend having another test 6 months after having sex just to make sure).

3. I know of no "post sex" pills for HIV. That isn't how viruses work.

4. I think the problem is your conscience. All sex (including with a condom) comes with some risk. It is a small risk, and most of us deal with it (many of us decide not to even use a condom).

If you are going to be sexual active, you are going to have to deal with your conscience. Sex is normal and it is highly pleasurable. Is there someone with whom you can talk about this?
justaskin

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 07:31 am
@maxdancona,
Hi,
thanks for the thoughts.
Actually I took the test today to be sure that prior to this intercourse I am clean. Surely will take another one in 2-3 months time just to evaluate this intercourse as well.

Its just that I hate taking risks.

There is PEP those are to be taken some time after problematic intercourse have a look

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/pep.html

but my doctor thinks I am unserious with this whole issue.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 07:51 am
Do you think this person you had sex with is HIV positive?

Are you having relationship s with high risk people?

Is THIS what you are really worried about?
justaskin

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 08:03 am
@PUNKEY,
I never have sex without protection, in fact barely at all. No same sex encounters Im hetero. No anal never.No oral either just vaginal with con. This particular was one time encounter. She seems to follow safe sex rules requesting condom at all times. I was not even full length inside her at any times and that outer part briefly touched that 2mm skin damaged part on my finger.
I could find her though and ask but my doc think Im overreacting.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 10:18 am
@justaskin,
I think you should listen to your doctor. People have sex all the time. Many people have unprotected sex (after weighing the risk). A very few people get a sexually transmitted disease. Some people get hit by cars and die, and a few people are killed by falling trees.

This is a very very small risk.

Do you have general guilt about having sex... I am wondering if there is something in your past that is making you overreact to a very small risk.
0 Replies