Please somebody answer

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 09:56 pm
Hello, I read somewhere that "Drug resistance can cause HIV treatment to fail", it is exactly a line I found there. I'm seriously concerned about it: Did they mean all HIV treatments (I mean every HIV treatment/drug/class of drug/therapy available today)? or a an HIV treatment (a particular drug or class of drug)? Is there any theoretical/practical evidence that proves a drug resistance HIV (any kind of resistance) can cause literally every treatment or drug available totally 100% useless and ineffective like the new coronavirus?
Can someone with this kind of resistance become completely hopeless and untreatable? I searched google so many times and asked many experts yet no one gives me an answer. Last time I gave HIV test was only 3 years ago (it was negative) but I'm really terrified if I am infected since then and developed such a resistance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 680 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 05:27 am
@Khorospoos,
We have zero context here.

And so do you.

I suggest you get a telehealth appointment and ask your primary care physician. And then, regardless of what the answer is, ask them for a referral to a therapist for your pretty obvious anxiety.

IANAD
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Please somebody answer
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/26/2024 at 10:19:50