Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Disoproxil + Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide

Feainn

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2020 01:49 pm
I began my ART treatment two months ago and I was given Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Disoproxil AND Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide (also known as Descovy).

Some days ago I went back to the hospital to collect the new drug supply for the next two months, but the nurse replaced the first drug (Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Disoproxil) with dolutegravir (also known as Tivicay)
Today, while I was reading the package insterts of the drugs I have been taking up to now, I noticed that the package insert for Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Disoproxil states that I should not be taking any other drug containing Emtricitabine or Tenofovir Alafenamide (which is exactly what I was taking together with it, aka Descovy). I then read the package insert of Descovy as well, which stated that I shuld not be taking it alongside with Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Disoproxil.

Did the medical stuff messed up my drug combintion at the beginning? Is this the reason why they replaced one of the drugs with Tivicay? Could my infection have developed resistance?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 849 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2020 02:07 pm
@Feainn,
Quote:
Did the medical stuff messed up my drug combintion at the beginning? Is this the reason why they replaced one of the drugs with Tivicay? Could my infection have developed resistance?
three excellent questions to ask your doctor...
0 Replies