Upsetting Statement...Second Best?

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:51 pm
My best friend just called and we were talking about this guy she is seeing. He has been acting weird lately, giving off those "I'm just not into you" vibes and stuff. So she wondered if she should call him. I said yes, call him. You've nothing to lose, right? If he's already decided to move on, you've lost nothing. So we hung up and she called him. 5 Minutes or so later, my phone rings and she says he is screening her. Meaning, his phone rang once and went to voice mail. I said, perhaps it is off. She countered with the fact that phones that are off don't ring and go straight to voice mail. I said maybe something was wrong. She said she didn't think so. So finally, she says she'll let me go because she knows I want to go to bed. I ask her if she wants to vent more. She says "No, it's ok...I'll just call T. " Shocked Sad I was kind of dumbfounded and said "Why? You can talk to me." "T will not be so supportive of him" I say "I am being supportive of you" "Thanks, I appreciate it." And then we hang up. Question I just got told that I am not as good of a friend as I thought I was. Confused

I am going to bed now but really wanted to get that out. It bothered me a lot. **sigh**

Tonight has been a pisser. This and the antibiotic I am taking feels funny in my throat, like I have heartburn. Ugh. I am feeling completely retched.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,049 • Replies: 9
No top replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:55 pm
My thought is that you shouldn't take it so hard. She wants to rant - she wants someone who will tell her what she wants to hear, not someone who will be reasonable. Later, she'll want someone who will be reasonable.

Which would you rather be? The yes-friend or the reasonable one?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:57 pm
Oh, it's ok Bella. So you're only a silver medal...it happens.

Actually, so she's just in a bad mood over some guy, and was just taking it out on you. Chicks act like that, you know.

Tell her to put out on the first date next time, and he'll pick up the phone. HELL YEA!
0 Replies

BiPolarWolf

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:00 pm
Sweetie, from what I see of you, you are a great friend.
Sounds to me like you are just not saying what your friend WANTS to hear and that isnt your problem... it is hers.
She wants permission from someone to keep calling a man who has obviously stated that he isnt interested. She will keep calling and 'venting' to people until someone gives her the permission and validation she is hunting for.
It isnt about you chicka. ;-)

( im only checking messages, i will write more friday when i am home on my computer... )
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:01 pm
curious
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:15 pm
Curiously hallucinogenic? 10 p.m. on the nose. hmmmm

~~~~~~~~

Bella - you're the good friend. Just not the one your-about-to-be-bounced friend wants to hear tonight.

Take your meds, sleep well, get better.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:48 pm
Not midnight, the witching hour, though.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:54 pm
I think that's shewolf?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:58 pm
I imagine so.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 05:52 am
Thanks guys... it just makes me feel kind of obsolete. And I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I am taking a lot of drugs right now. Had a root canal the other day. Yes, I've managed to hit every major part of my body in the last 2 weeks. Sprained the ankle, got very very ill and now a root canal. **sigh** Hurts like a son of a beep....
0 Replies