Who is the Antichrist

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 06:29 am
Have you ever considered the possibility that Jesus, as taught in organized religion today, IS the Antichrist?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,547 • Replies: 45

BillRM

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 09:28 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Have you ever considered the possibility that Jesus, as taught in organized religion today, IS the Antichrist?

Religion is illogical and silly an since I was a very young child I had wonder how anyone could give it any credit.

Both Christ an the anti Christ are on the same plane as the Rome or Greek gods.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 12:29 pm
@BillRM,
We can talk after you’ve met him.
BillRM

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 12:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

We can talk after you’ve met him.

Be far more interest in meeting the cat god Basted to complain to her about the behaviors of one of my cats.

Both my meeting Basted or the Christ/anti Christ is equally likely in my opinion.

Along with the tooth fairy for that matter.
BillRM

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 01:26 pm
Come to think of it the act of religion indoctrination of children way before they reach the age of reason should be consider child abuse.

My bet that most people assuming they was not indoctrinated as children would share my opinion of religion.

Just the fact the most as in almost all those with religion beliefs are the same as their parents an are not the outcome of their own though processes as adult.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 02:14 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Have you ever considdred...Jesus...antichrist?

No, have not thought about it. It would seem preposterous in the context of the other biblical ramblings; wherein, the Jesus fellow is always speaking about his heavenly father and extolling His (H.F.'s) virtues. The anitchrist would not be doing that. (unless they were about to burst into dancing flames).

Have you considered the possibility that Jesus was actually a female. God's daughter instead of a son? Since the bible was written down by several men and at the time women often were seen as barely human, it's possible that these men (often elderly and subject to mind meltdown), just did not want to allow women - Jezuza in particular, to be properly worshiped and adored.

Yes. Her name was/is Jezuza.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 02:18 pm
@Sturgis,
Yes, I have always believed that the Antichrist is a woman.

Jezuza is probably her name (the Bible does mention Jezebel ...).
Sturgis

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 02:19 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
..Basted...

That would be Bastet. Sometimes Bast. Daughter of the goddess Isis.

www.lifesolved.com/bastet-egyptian-cat-goddess/
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 02:22 pm
@maxdancona,
I did however enjoy the Bette Davis movie Jezebel.

Oh, and the Frankie Laine song Jezebel.

maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 02:24 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

I did however enjoy the Bette Davis movie Jezebel.

Oh, and the Frankie Laine song Jezebel.

On second thought... there is a distinct possibility that I married the Antichrist. That would explain a lot.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 04:45 pm
@maxdancona,
TRUMP
maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 04:51 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

TRUMP

No.... I wasn't married to Trump.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 05:53 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Come to think of it the act of religion indoctrination of children way before they reach the age of reason should be consider child abuse.

You and Xi Jinping would get along just fine.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 06:16 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
No, have not thought about it. It would seem preposterous in the context of the other biblical ramblings; wherein, the Jesus fellow is always speaking about his heavenly father and extolling His (H.F.'s) virtues. The anitchrist would not be doing that. (unless they were about to burst into dancing flames).

Have you considered the possibility that Jesus was actually a female.

In the OP I asked about 'Jesus as taught by organized religion', not Jesus as taught in the Bible. Those are two very different things.

First off, his name was not 'Jesus' nor anything that sounded like that. Greek does not even have the letter 'J' or any hard 'J' equivalent. I’m not sure of the exact pronunciation myself but his name was Yeshua.

From experience, I could easily believe the Antichrist was/is a woman but I try not to let those destroy my objectivity. The evidence points elsewhere.

Are you familiar with alphabetic numbers? They exist for Greek letters and were in use at the time of Christ, similar to Roman numerals. The number of the Antichrist was said to be the number of a man, and that number was six hundred sixty and six, according to the book. If you work the number back to its Greek alphabetic equivalent, the result is interesting.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 06:31 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
First off, his name was not 'Jesus' nor anything that sounded like that. Greek does not even have the letter 'J' or any hard 'J' equivalent. I’m not sure of the exact pronunciation myself but his name was Yeshua.
The Greek spelling of "Yehoshua" in the Septuagint is Ἰησοῦς (Iēsūs).

I don't know whou taught you Greek or Latin, but it's common knowledge that
letters that arose from Greek "Ι" (Iota) include the Latin "I" and "J".
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 06:37 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
Are you familiar with alphabetic numbers? They exist for Greek letters and were in use at the time of Christ, similar to Roman numerals.
What are "alphabetic numbers"? Or are you referring to the Greek alphabetic numeral system "Ionic"? (In the Greek alphabetic numeral system are three different display types if I remember correctly.)
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 06:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I defer to the experts who say :

Quote:
Diphthongs in the Greek Language

The Latin alphabet has some script letters that do not exist in the Greek alphabet, such as B, C, D, G, W, Q and J.

(From Wikipedia )
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 06:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
What are "alphabetic numbers"? Or are you referring to the Greek alphabetic numeral system "Ionic"?

Yes. Byzantine I think.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 06:45 am
@Leadfoot,
There is no J letter in Latin - in Latin it's used like in Greek for "I" and "J" ... until about the Renaissance period.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 06:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The issue is how was 'Jesus' ( the man in the Bible) name pronounced in the days that he lived. I (and Hebrew scholars) contend that it did not start with anything that sounds like the letter 'J' in English.

Agree or not?