Can self-awareness exist without replication?

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 07:49 pm
Life is self-awareness, but at the price of replication. People are duplicates of each other, and so maybe evolution's last destination is to have it both ways: be self-aware without a replica.

Can a single being exist, which is self-aware but has no duplicate?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,822 • Replies: 5
No top replies

George

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 02:09 pm
@Thomas33,
C'est moi
Thomas33

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 04:41 pm
@George,
In what way?
George

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 08:06 am
@Thomas33,
My waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 04:17 am
I stomped on this thread tittle once again this morning and some thinking cross my mind worth pointing out...

....I highly suspect the Thomas "personna " is an invention of some creative a2ker who has trouble with philosophers and Philosophy and wants to ridicule it as much as possible....anyway it has been a fun ride seing Thomas posts on the Philosophy forums. Each more obiquos far fetched and truly Kakfkian then the next. The man is an entertainner and has an audience...

...ironically, and back to the reason that brought me to the thread today the point in this apparently crazy oddity in question form deserves some thinking.

Replication reduce to its base concept is all about pattern repetition and pattern repetition about a Rational in Reality. Awareness couldn't possibly exist in any shape or form without a constant rational from which one can derive any thinking at all. The construct of "awareness" feeds itself from this constant comparison on what stood the same while change/ 2 law of thermodynamics, was at work...

...point being the topic is well worth considering...

0 Replies

hibbitus

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 03:13 pm
I'm not so sure that the question is sufficiently coherent to be fodder for consideration. I am an atheist, but I don't know of any logical reason that a god can't exist without replication. He may get bored, but that isn't germane. Perhaps without ` the existence of replication, no logic can exist. But there is even a thorn in that; one can do logic purely mechanically (see Godel, with an umlaut thrown in somewhere).

I'm sure this question is unanswerable. I only wonder if it is even askable.
0 Replies