Asheville, NC Approves Reparation For Blacks

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 04:29 pm

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/asheville-approves-reparations-for-its-black-residents-in-historic-vote-2020-07-15?mod=home-page

Reparations won’t come as direct payments, but will be invested in the local Black community.

The reparations won’t come as direct payments to individuals, however. Instead, the City Council plans to invest in areas where the Black community has long suffered disparities, such as: increasing access to affordable housing and minority home ownership; supporting minority business ownership and career opportunities; funding strategies to grow equity and generational wealth; as well as closing the race gap in income, employment, education, health care, criminal justice and neighborhood safety.

A Community Reparations Commission will be created in Asheville to make recommendations for programs and resources, and it will invite community groups and local governments to join it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,420 • Replies: 29
Topic Closed

BillRM

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 05:30 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
An your problem with this is what?????

Blacks had been shut out of bank loans,mortgages, higher education and such until well into my lifetime.

Hell I can remember watching when a state governor stood in the door of a major public university to stop a black student from entering even those the black population of that state had help paid for that university.

We could just calculate the money that the blacks put into such things as universities that they could not use and added interest an write checks.

But for such nonsense the average wealth of the blacks population would far far greater so there is no need to go back to slavery just back to the 1950s to 1960s to start with.
oralloy

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 06:13 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
An your problem with this is what?????

If the Democrats loot your bank account to pay for the reparations, I have no objection.

I object to me paying for the reparations however.
BillRM

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 06:15 pm
You know I need to thanks you for your posting as the more I think about it there is no need for slavery reparation but there is a case for reparations anyway.

[taxes without representation] For something like a hundred years in the south states had been taxing blacks citizens an not allowing them to vote at the same time. Even going so far as turning attack dogs onto children for daring to march for voting rights.

My guess is if you would look hard enough there are still blacks with scares from being attacked by police dogs as children.

A case could be make that the money blacks paid to the southern states while not being allow to vote should be return to them with a hundred years or so interests added on.

0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 06:17 pm
@oralloy,
Hmm where the states come up with the money is beside the point but it is interesting you do not wish to be tax but have no problem of enjoying the benefits ,if you live in the south, of blacks being tax for a hundred years and not being allow to vote or even in most cases to use the facilities their taxes help paid for.
oralloy

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 06:30 pm
@BillRM,
Who pays isn't besides the point with me. For me that's the main point.

If progressives want to waste their own money they should leave other people out of it.
Dr Sliptinschit

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 06:35 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
An your problem with this is what?

Why do you assume I have a problem with it?

What is life like with so much racism in your heart?
BillRM

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 06:49 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Who pays isn't besides the point with me. For me that's the main point.

If progressives want to waste their own money they should leave other people out of it.

Since when is the government paying a debt wasting money?
BillRM

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 06:51 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:
An your problem with this is what?

Why do you assume I have a problem with it?

What is life like with so much racism in your heart?

Not hard given your past posts to come to conclusions of where you stand that is very likely to be correct.
Dr Sliptinschit

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 07:03 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

What debt?
Dr Sliptinschit

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 07:05 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Not hard given your past posts to come to conclusions of where you stand that is very likely to be correct.

What past posts?
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 07:07 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:

What debt?

Taxing a large sub group of society while not allowing them to vote and in a large percent of times not even allowing them to used the facilities they help pay for created a debt.
oralloy

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 07:25 pm
@BillRM,
That is incorrect. There is no such debt.
oralloy

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 07:26 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

No such debt is owed.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 07:28 pm
Speaking of debt, I heard that Mr. Trump just abolished Mr. Obama's regulations on the short-term payday lending industry.

We should soon be completely free of Mr. Obama's legacy.
BillRM

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 07:44 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

That is incorrect. There is no such debt.

LOL I wonder if you was not allow to vote and police dogs was used to attacked your children or if you have your door broken down in the middle of the night with you and your wife taken off to jail for sleeping together and so on you would feel the same.
oralloy

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 07:54 pm
@BillRM,
Meh. I never did anything like that to anyone.

I used to think the plight of black people was worth caring about, but whenever I tried to reasonably discuss the issue, I'd only be attacked.

It didn't take long before I stopped caring. I'm not a masochist. I don't like being abused.

Being falsely accused of racism over and over again recently hasn't inclined me to reevaluate my position on that.

And now with white people actually being lynched for defending themselves when black people attack them, mark me down as a hard no on ever paying any sort of reparations.

How about we make black people and their progressive backers pay reparations to white conservatives?
BillRM

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 08:24 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Meh. I never did anything like that to anyone.

I used to think the plight of black people was worth caring about, but whenever I tried to reasonably discuss the issue, I'd only be attacked.

It didn't take long before I stopped caring. I'm not a masochist. I don't like being abused.

Being falsely accused of racism over and over again recently hasn't inclined me to reevaluate my position on that.

And now with white people actually being lynched for defending themselves when black people attack them, mark me down as a hard no on ever paying any sort of reparations.

How about we make black people and their progressive backers pay reparations to white conservatives?

LOL tell me more of how white people was not allow to vote an have their children attack by police dogs, or who have their way block from entering a major state supported university by a state governor an on and on an on.

Interesting note a white trucker was pull out of his truck and was being beaten while police look on from a block away and it took black citizen to save him from the mob not the worthless police.
oralloy

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 08:49 pm
@BillRM,
Meh. If you want to waste your own money on reparations, go right ahead.

"No" to wasting my money on reparations however.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 09:07 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Speaking of debt, I heard that Mr. Trump just abolished Mr. Obama's regulations on the short-term payday lending industry.

We should soon be completely free of Mr. Obama's legacy.

I'm not sure why you think charging 400% interest is such a good thing for an American consumer. It really shows how out of touch Trump is and you, by extension.