Which Religion is the one truly most Murderous?

quest

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:24 pm
diagknowz wrote:
nor are the teachings of DEUTERONOMY & LEVITICUS.

But they were still part of an institution, the product of a group that was seen as sacrosanct (the priests).
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 08:50 pm
diagknowz wrote:
Moishe3rd wrote:
I could assume that you are being facetious.

Not at all, Moishe. Christianity would be nil w/o the Light brought to the world by Moses and the Prophets.

Question: Do you believe in the ethical and moral priniciples laid out in DEUTERONOMY & LEVITICUS?

Again, we are talking at cross purposes here.
Tell me specifically what ethical principle(s) you are referencing and I will tell you whether or not we are discussing the same thing or not.
I suspect your reading of these books may be different from mine.
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 08:54 pm
Moishe3rd wrote:
I suspect your reading of these books may be different from mine.

Moishe, I was just over at the thread about Jews and Tattoos, and there, your refreshing answer very much resonates with my own understanding of what G-D teaches in His WORD. I think we'd probably coincide on at least 99% of the ethical/moral precepts in those books. Very Happy
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:00 pm
Moishe3rd wrote:
However, just to be clear, what people believe they know about Judaism is generally seen through the eyes of Christians or possibly Muslims or non-religious Jews.
And, this has been true for a long time, since the inception of Christianity. Therefore, people have a picture of Judaism, where "everybody knows that," and where "it is obvious" that Jews believe a certain thing that jibes with how Christians or others have interpreted the "old testament" for a couple of thousand years.
This is not true.
What religious Jews believe the "old testament" and other Jewish "scripture" "says," is quite different from what Christians and others believe that it says.
The short and simple is that 99% of the world, including most non-religious Jews, have no idea what the religion of Judaism is about.

Christians believe that it is they who understand what the Jewish scripture says. Based on their faith, Christians are now the true people of G-d.

According to Christian doctrine (and largely based on the writings of the apostle Paul from the Christian scriptures), the Jewish people failed to accept Jesus as the Messiah because of their disobedience to G-d and lack of faith. G-d then turned to the Gentiles, in part as a way to turn some of the Jews back to Him.

As such, the Christians believe that they are now the true people of G-d and by extension, the rightful heirs of the Torah, the prophets and the Jewish heroes of faith. But, modern Christians believe that G-d has a special plan for the Jewish race.

Most Modern Christians (at least Evangelical American Christians) believe that when the Messiah returns, the faithful Jews will accept Jesus as their Messiah. There is a whole eschatology that involves the reunification of all of the biblical lands of Israel and a mass conversion of faithful Jews to Christ.

The Christian doctrine says the Jews that don't convert are condemned to hell.
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:05 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

Minor tune-up, there, eBrown: the **BIBLE** teaches that all who don't receive Y'shua (Jews **OR** Gentiles) will end up in the eternal Auschwitz.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:06 pm
diagknowz wrote:
KiwiChic wrote:
I dont need to follow any 'organised institution'

Agreed, KC: Jesus is not an "organised institution," by any means. Nor, for that matter, are the teachings of DEUTERONOMY & LEVITICUS.
You obviously are clueless at what I said
KiwiChic wrote:
and all I see is bitching between everyone when any sort of religious factor comes into any conversation

Ditto for politics. It's bec., ultimately, they both deal with life-n-death issues. Where did I mention Politics or even a comparison?

KiwiChic wrote:
its not religion who is the most murderous, its man plain and simple.

Exactly, Kiwi! Very Happy It's bec. man has this bad case of soul-cancer, which is why we all need healing.
Yep and I rest my case here as I roll my eyes
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:24 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Moishe3rd wrote:
However, just to be clear, what people believe they know about Judaism is generally seen through the eyes of Christians or possibly Muslims or non-religious Jews.
And, this has been true for a long time, since the inception of Christianity. Therefore, people have a picture of Judaism, where "everybody knows that," and where "it is obvious" that Jews believe a certain thing that jibes with how Christians or others have interpreted the "old testament" for a couple of thousand years.
This is not true.
What religious Jews believe the "old testament" and other Jewish "scripture" "says," is quite different from what Christians and others believe that it says.
The short and simple is that 99% of the world, including most non-religious Jews, have no idea what the religion of Judaism is about.

Christians believe that it is they who understand what the Jewish scripture says. Based on their faith, Christians are now the true people of G-d.

According to Christian doctrine (and largely based on the writings of the apostle Paul from the Christian scriptures), the Jewish people failed to accept Jesus as the Messiah because of their disobedience to G-d and lack of faith. G-d then turned to the Gentiles, in part as a way to turn some of the Jews back to Him.

As such, the Christians believe that they are now the true people of G-d and by extension, the rightful heirs of the Torah, the prophets and the Jewish heroes of faith. But, modern Christians believe that G-d has a special plan for the Jewish race.

Most Modern Christians (at least Evangelical American Christians) believe that when the Messiah returns, the faithful Jews will accept Jesus as their Messiah. There is a whole eschatology that involves the reunification of all of the biblical lands of Israel and a mass conversion of faithful Jews to Christ.

You'll get no argument from me that this is solid Christian theology.
However, the teeny tiny minority of the remnants of G-d's Chosen People do have a different point of view.
As long as they don't kill me - we all be fine.
Smile
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:05 am
KiwiChic wrote:
Quote:

The same thing is said of guns. Guns don't kill people do.

However, they ignore the reality that if you take away the instrument they won't have guns to kill with and religion as an excuse to do murder.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:14 am
Would you care to spell it out exactly what it is the tiny remnants of Gods chosen people do believe?

Oh no dont bother. I can guess.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:17 am
Quote:

I contend it is Christians that will be condemned to hell when the true Messiah comes because they have broken Gods law.
" You shall have no other God before me." Crying or Very sad
:
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:14 am
So the Jews say the Christians will go to hell for beaking gods Law? The Muslims say something similar. The muslims say the Jews will go to hell, the christians say the muslims will.

I think we are making real progress here.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:29 am
Steve
That was only my comment. In reality we could care less about the Christians think. So long as they leave us alone.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:50 am
au1929 wrote:
KiwiChic wrote:
Quote:

The same thing is said of guns. Guns don't kill people do.

However, they ignore the reality that if you take away the instrument they won't have guns to kill with and religion as an excuse to do murder.

Why take away the guns? Just take away the bullets!

You think that religion is an excuse to murder???
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:52 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Would you care to spell it out exactly what it is the tiny remnants of Gods chosen people do believe?

Oh no dont bother. I can guess.

Well, I did kind of spell it out....
I suspect you can't really guess because it encompasses about 3,000 of what is, to most people, rather convoluted and detailed processes and laws....
It gets sort of specific as applied to specific circumstances...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:54 am
That's a little ungrateful Au.

The strongest support in the US for the right of Israel to "defend" herself comes not from the Jewish community, but from evangelical Christians. Many Jewish groups in the US want Israel to act with restraint, and there is a part of the Jewish community that pretty much agrees with me.

But most evangelical Christians strongly support Israel's right to control all of the land including the West Bank and Gaza. They also strongly suport all of Israels actions without question.

They do this primarily because they believe Christian prophesy that states that when the Jews controll allo f the Biblical land of Israel, Jesus Christ will return. The Christian responsibility to convert the Jews to Christianity when this happens is an important part of the doctrine.

But Christians are the best allies for those who support the actions of Israel without question and believe that Israel has a right to all of the occupied lands. This is why Bush always talks about the right of Israel to defend herself. He is talking to his Christian Right base.

You should at least say thanks.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:59 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
So the Jews say the Christians will go to hell for beaking gods Law? The Muslims say something similar. The muslims say the Jews will go to hell, the christians say the muslims will.

I think we are making real progress here.

Actually, no.
Whereas many Jews may wish for the Christians or Muslims as the case may be, to go to the hot bad place.... it doesn't work that way in Judaism.
The bad people of any religion - Jewish, Christian, Muslim, whatever, get toasted for awhile (in "reality" they have to work out their problems - sort of like a really boring self help meeting where everyone decides that you are the project to be saved... Laughing ), and then, like all dogs, they get to go to heaven.
It is only those whose soul has been so corrupted by life that it is useless who don't make it to the Next World. And even they don't spend eternity in hell, they simply get broken up by the Cosmic Incinerator (uhhh, my concept, not Torah Smile ) and get used for parts...
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:01 am
ebrown_p wrote:

The strongest support in the US for the right of Israel to "defend" herself comes not from the Jewish community, but from evangelical Christians. Many Jewish groups in the US want Israel to act with restraint, and there is a part of the Jewish community that pretty much agrees with me.

But most evangelical Christians strongly support Israel's right to control all of the land including the West Bank and Gaza. They also strongly suport all of Israels actions without question.

They do this primarily because they believe Christian prophesy that states that when the Jews controll allo f the Biblical land of Israel, Jesus Christ will return. The Christian responsibility to convert the Jews to Christianity when this happens is an important part of the doctrine.

But Christians are the best allies for those who support the actions of Israel without question and believe that Israel has a right to all of the occupied lands. This is why Bush always talks about the right of Israel to defend herself. He is talking to his Christian Right base.

Thanks! Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:04 am
au1929 wrote:

I contend it is Christians that will be condemned to hell when the true Messiah comes because they have broken Gods law.
" You shall have no other God before me." Crying or Very sad
:

Probably the poorest post you've ever contributed. Not up to your usual high standards.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:05 am
ebrown_p wrote:

Maybe some people support Israel, at least in part, because of the Paletinians who strap nail bombs to their waists and blow themselves up in public marketplaces, throw old crippled Jewish men in wheelchairs over the sides of ships, fire bazookas at school buses filled with children(May 8, 1970), etc., etc.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:10 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Maybe some people support Israel, at least in part, because of the Paletinians who strap nail bombs to their waists and blow themselves up in public marketplaces, throw old crippled Jewish men in wheelchairs over the sides of ships, fire bazookas at school buses filled with children(May 8, 1970), etc., etc.

Which, for the sheer, ordinary, cussedness of it would certainly qualify the religious beliefs of those Arabs called Palestinians as the most murderous...
0 Replies