Which Religion is the one truly most Murderous?

diagknowz

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 11:50 pm
au1929 wrote:
When this does not happen and surely it won't what will the evangelicals than do? Return to the practices of old. 1500 years of history have told us what that is.

Au, you're conflating the Evangelicals (whose "Left-Behind" scenario, BTW, is NOT biblical) with the Catholic church. Whatever other fault somebody might find with them, Evangelicals, historically, have never been bloodshedders.

It bothers me tremendously that people consistently equate Christianity with the Catholic church. They are most definitely NOT synonymous. As I said in my post to Bella Dea over at the "Heaven and Hell" thread, Jesus made it very clear that His followers were NOT to use violence to proselytize. We must judge Christianity by its Author (Jesus Christ) and its primary document (the N.T.), not by a deformation of it in history (Catholicism). If people want to see a a true example of biblical Christianity in action, let them look no further than the Amish or the Mennonites. Those people are much closer to the "City of God" than Catholicism has EVER been.

Other minor point: those "practices" you're referring to could only happen if there were a theocracy, which there isn't, nor is there any chance that there WILL be.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:01 am
Christianity by far, if christians show up on your shores to save you ,your dead
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:13 am
Amigo wrote:
Christianity by far, if christians show up on your shores to save you ,your dead

Amigo, er, um, maybe it's bec. it's so late at night that I'm dense, but, I'm not clear here: which post are you replying to, please?

Also, I relished the wonderful oxymoron, "show up on your shores to save you ,your dead" Very Happy
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:17 am
"Which riligion is most murderous"
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:21 am
Amigo wrote:
"Which riligion is most murderous"

Aha, OK, gotcha!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:27 am
It's funny to point out how many more people have died at the hands of Christianity as opposed to satinism.the loving god in a sheet to the evil horned deast with a pitch fork
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:39 am
Amigo wrote:
the loving god in a sheet to the evil horned deast with a pitch fork

Eh? I do think you've got your images confused, Amigo: it's the loving God on the Cross vs. the most powerful enemy of mankind and God (and that enemy doesn't look anything like the caricatures of him that you mention).
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:47 am
whose the most powerful enemy of mankind?
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:52 am
Amigo wrote:
whose the most powerful enemy of mankind?

Satan, the one you just mentioned in your previous post.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:57 am
Satan could be a tool of god like goldstien in orwells 1984.It's not jesus I worry about its his followers. They use him to comit genicide.
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 01:06 am
Amigo wrote:
Satan could be a tool of god like goldstien in orwells 1984.It's not jesus I worry about its his followers. They use him to comit genicide.

Well, in a sense, you're right, Amigo: Satan is not more powerful than God, and God can take something he does and turn it around for His own purposes. As for His followers, I'm one, and I've never even CONSIDERED committing genocide, nor have my Christian friends. Heaven FORBID!

You're doing what Au did: equating Christianity with the Catholic church. Sigh, this seems to be a widespread malaise, bec. Frank Apisa does it, too.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 01:18 am
I guess I am putting them both together.Their both "Jesus" religions.People like you are Christianitys best defence.Happy,funny,freindly
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 01:35 am
Amigo wrote:
I guess I am putting them both together.Their both "Jesus" religions.People like you are Christianitys best defence.Happy,funny,freindly

I am floored! Thank you, Sir!

But actually, Christianity's best defense is the reality of Jesus walking here in our flesh and then being resurrected. I wouldn't place my bets on anything less than that, bec. even the best Christian will still tell you that he/she falls far short of Jesus' perfection. If you want to know whether Christianity is true, look to Jesus alone.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 01:42 am
Theirs many religions put only one truth.Most Religions share the same light.I skip the religion and go straight to the light.
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 01:55 am
Amigo wrote:
Theirs many religions put only one truth.Most Religions share the same light.I skip the religion and go straight to the light.

Be careful, Amigo: in His Word, God warns us that "Satan clothes himself as an angel of light." Jesus alone is the Light of the World.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 02:05 am
Your god is an angel of light.Thats why I stay away from religion.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 07:25 am
diagknowz wrote:
Amigo wrote:

Well, in a sense, you're right, Amigo: Satan is not more powerful than God, and God can take something he does and turn it around for His own purposes. As for his followers, I'm one, and I've never even CONSIDERED committing genocide, nor have my Christian friends. Heaven FORBID!

You're doing what Au did: equating Christianity with the Catholic church. Sigh, this seems to be a widespread malaise, bec. Frank Apisa does it, too.

The only problem with your summation dia, is that without the Catholic Church, there is no Christianity.
Everything you believe comes from the dogma and dialect of the Roman Church, formulated in the 3, 4, and 500's.
Now, admittedly, modern day American Christianity has modified many of the virulent teachings of the Church, but the entire theology is still rooted in the Church. They created Christianity. Without the Roman Church, there is no Christianity.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 07:58 am
diagknowz
You have several times stated that Christianity is not Catholicism. Moishe
beat me to the response. IMO Christianity is Christianity whether it be Catholicism, Episcopalian or Baptist.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 12:27 am
Moishe3rd wrote:
diagknowz wrote:
Amigo wrote:

Well, in a sense, you're right, Amigo: Satan is not more powerful than God, and God can take something he does and turn it around for His own purposes. As for his followers, I'm one, and I've never even CONSIDERED committing genocide, nor have my Christian friends. Heaven FORBID!

The only problem with your summation dia, is that without the Catholic Church, there is no Christianity.
Everything you believe comes from the dogma and dialect of the Roman Church, formulated in the 3, 4, and 500's.
Now, admittedly, modern day American Christianity has modified many of the virulent teachings of the Church, but the entire theology is still rooted in the Church. They created Christianity. Without the Roman Church, there is no Christianity.
catholic,christian, it's still the dude in the sheet.Same bible right?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 03:34 am
Not necessarily the same bible, but close enough. Moishe is engaged in another of his enraged rants against the goyim--whether it's Muslims or Christians, he hates them all, and has a line of burroshit to back it all up.

The Roman Church, per se, did not exist in the third century--the late third and early fourth centuries is the era when Diocletian (the Roman Emperor) tried to exterminate Christianity. The work of Pamphilus and of Eusebius created the "new testament" as it exists today, and that was in the fourth century, and the church to which they adhered was the direct ancestor of the Orthodox Church, not the Roman Church. That the Roman Church was founded from the same source--the Council of Nicea in 325 CE--is coincidence, and not evidence for Moishe's bizarre rant. That council was convened by Constantine because the Christians were in an uproar over the controversial denial of the trinity and of the divinity of the alleged Jesus by Arius of Alexandria. The Emperor Constantine allowed the establishment of a Christian community within the Empire--and did not, as Christians allege, establish that religion as the state religion. Syriac and Nestorian Christians spread out all over the Middle East and Central Asia, reaching as far as China, before the Bishop of Rome was ever reputed to be the leader of the church. This is another example of how Moishe amplifies his resentments into wild statements, and of how a little knowledge is a dangerous thing--he reads enough history to attempt to support his wild statements, and not to learn anything approaching the truth.

When you read anything that Moishe writes, Amigo, keep in mind that he has a deep and abiding resentment of Christians, and hatred of Muslims.
0 Replies