1

How do I stop being envious?

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 03:45 am
When I was still young and hopeful, looking forward to life, I was a happy sort of person, going about my own business and not minding what the people around me were doing. The years went by, and I feel I am becoming bitter and envious, so much so that I have lost the few friends I had. I was jealous of their jobs, their houses, their families, their social life... so I thought it was best not to see them again.
I know I have failed a lot in my life, but I am also aware this is my fault and no one elses's. So where do I go from here?
I'd love to have a bit of sound advice on this, or share similar stories.
Thank you all!

3  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 05:35 am
@Serenidad,
Turn it into a force for good.

Let it fuel your own ambitions. Want that fancy car? Then work harder, go to school, ask for a raise, etc.

And also use it as a force for introspection.

Do you really want or need that fancy car? Really?

Look at its true cost. Fancy cars come with fancy payment plans and fancy repair costs. Sports cars in particular may be stopped for speeding more often. Can you afford tickets and more expensive insurance, or to spend time and money defending yourself in court?

If you can't, then your friends probably can't, either. That thing you're oh so envious of just might be an albatross around their necks.

mark noble

1  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 08:47 am
@Serenidad,
You lucky bugger!

You escaped the 'MACHINE'.

Have a Lovely Day