Bolton's Revelations About Trump

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 06:37 am
Lots of discussion about Bolton's forthcoming book. From Vox, the most "disturbing" revelations.

- Trump directly asked China to buy US products to help him get reelected.
- He explicitly agreed with China's internment of its Muslim population.
- His international knowledge is very weak, specifically he did not know the UK was a nuclear power, that Finland was not part of Russia and that Venezuela was not under US control.
- Trump absolutely was ready to pull the US out of NATO.
- He told China’s President that Americans wanted him to get rid of the two-term limit and journalists should be jailed.
- Everything the President was accused of re Ukraine during the impeachment trial was true and was only part of his side dealings for personal gain.

I think the sad part is while shocking, none of this is remotely surprising.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 3,399 • Replies: 89

hightor

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 06:59 am
@engineer,
It's maddening that even these revelations will fall on deaf ears.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 07:30 am
@engineer,
The Republican Party and all the Trump sycophants in government and out...

...are a disgrace to our Republic.

Our generation has just temporary custody of it...and we are failing miserably with these miscreants leading the way to the cliff.

I can only hope they get the thrashing they deserve at the polls in November. Anything less than a landslide in the presidential contest...and a significant move up in both houses of congress (and state contests) would be dismal.

Not sure how we have slid to where we are, but if we do not have the character to pull ourselves out, we deserve the fate that will almost surely come to fruition.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 07:35 am
I already have the book on pre-order. If I ever thought in a million years I would read a book written by Bolton during the Iraq war... When you start to look at rabid right wing republican conservative war hawks as being better than the current "republicans" we have now, you know we are in bad shape.
engineer

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 07:44 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

That is the part that kills me. Worse, people will hear and actively defend it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 07:46 am
Trump and this disgusting, inept administration...

...a pandemic out-of-control here in our country.

What next?

A super volcano?

Giant asteroid strike?

0 Replies

justaguy2

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 08:00 am
@engineer,
Quote:
I think the sad part is while shocking, none of this is remotely surprising.

Seconded... although, I'm personally not even shocked to be honest... we are talking about trump after all...

(part of quote bolded for emphasis)
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 08:24 am
@engineer,
Quote:
Worse, people will hear and actively defend it.
others will simply deny any of it happened because in their eyes the Mueller Report exonerated 45...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 08:44 am
@justaguy2,
I’m not either, during the sham trial there were rumours that Bolton’s book would contain such revelations. This just confirms what we all suspected.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 02:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Why do you think the republicans refused to call wittnesses to Trumps trial. If all trials were conducted like this no one would ever be convicted of a crime.
oralloy

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 04:18 pm
@RABEL222,
Because it was just a fishing expedition intended to draw out a sham impeachment.

Look at all the people who were killed in the pandemic because of that pointless impeachment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 04:19 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Well, what's the big deal?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 04:23 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I already have the book on pre-order. If I ever thought in a million years I would read a book written by Bolton during the Iraq war...

I've often mused that I could make a lot of money from progressives if I wrote a book filled with nonsense falsely accusing conservatives of horrible crimes.

revelette1 wrote:
When you start to look at rabid right wing republican conservative war hawks as being better than the current "republicans" we have now, you know we are in bad shape.

Progressives always pretend that whoever is currently disagreeing with them is committing some sort of unprecedented atrocity.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 04:24 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Worse, people will hear and actively defend it.

Well, it's not like the President has done anything wrong.
ekename

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 08:30 pm
I don't have a problem with the tweeters should be jailed bit.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 08:43 pm
@oralloy,

Quote:
Well, it's not like the President has done anything wrong.

Same ****, different day. Bolton is going to be a much richer man cashing in on hate.
oralloy

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 08:54 pm
@coldjoint,
I keep wondering how rich I'd be if I peddled a bunch of nonsense to progressives.

I'm too lazy to fabricate a book of nonsense to find out. But it'd sure be nice to fool progressives into sending me a bunch of money.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 06:12 am
@izzythepush,
Perhaps the better question would be: "do we have a right to even be surprised?" I suspect somehow the answer to that question is "no".

While not trying to go off-topic, and as far as his impeachment is concerned; while I have no doubt that trump did indeed ask the Ukrainian president to investigate Biden to try and dig up dirt on him to try and better trump's re-election chances, and by all means the democrats should have made a big deal out of it...

I personally think it was a mistake on the democrats part to launch the impeachment proceedings against trump, and have a bunch of politicians remove an elected president/prime minister (regardless of which party they are a member of) for the following reasons;

- the "crime" or "misconduct" needs to be that serious there is no other option.
- the evidence needs to be beyond any possible doubt.
- it cannot wait until the next election and let the people kick em' out instead.
- they done it in an election year of all year's to do it in.

There's also the fact that it distracts attention away from the democrat's own candidates, and gives trump an excuse to say "they are trying to launch a coup and take the decision out of the people's hands".

It's far better to let the voters vote him out, rather than a bunch of politicians unless you have evidence beyond any and all possible doubt and the "crime" is that serious it cannot wait for the next election (like they actually damaged national security or similar). Particularly doing it in an election year of all year's to do it in.

But oddly enough, apparently Bolton thinks they should have widened the scope of his impeachment from what I hear...
izzythepush

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 06:16 am
@justaguy2,
If Bolton thinks they should have widened the scope of the impeachment he should have testified instead of feeding the rumour mill.
justaguy2

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 06:21 am
@izzythepush,
Apparently he thought that he couldn't add anything new that hadn't already been said from what I hear.

But I can understand why you say that though, a reasonable argument to make IMHO.