An Election Prediction

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 07:05 pm
I would like to be on record with an election prediction. The prediction is about the coming 2020 presidential election campaigns. I predict that the left will commit many lawless acts at Trump rallies and that the right will not commit lawless acts at Biden rallies, except, perhaps for one or two isolated kooks. Because I know that people will try very hard to misinterpret this prediction, I will clarify. I am not predicting that the left will commit many acts of lawlessness at each and every Trump rally, but that within the totality of Trump rallies for the 2020 election there will be many acts of lawlessness committed by the left.

You may say all kinds of negative things about me and my prediction here in this thread, but this prediction is one that time will either prove or disprove.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 14 • Views: 7,638 • Replies: 151

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 07:31 pm
I predict there will be many acts of aggression from both sides.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 07:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

I would like to be on record with an election prediction. The prediction is about the coming 2020 presidential election campaigns. I predict that the left will commit many lawless acts at Trump rallies and that the right will not commit lawless acts at Biden rallies, except, perhaps for one or two isolated kooks. Because I know that people will try very hard to misinterpret this prediction, I will clarify. I am not predicting that the left will commit many acts of lawlessness at each and every Trump rally, but that within the totality of Trump rallies for the 2020 election there will be many acts of lawlessness committed by the left.

You may say all kinds of negative things about me and my prediction here in this thread, but this prediction is one that time will either prove or disprove.

Could you specify this prediction in a way that is measurable?

1) How will you tell if there is a lawless act? Is this open to interpretation based on a news story, or does there need to be charges filed? If you are just going to judge based on a subjective interpretation of a news story then this isn't much of a prediction.

2) How many are you predicting? Please give me an over/under.

I predict that there will be fewer than 12 people who have charges filed for something that did to disrupt a Trump rally. A Trump supporter getting arrested at a Trump rally doesn't count.

Is that fair?

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 08:25 pm
@maxdancona,
No, I'm not doing any of that. The prediction is perfectly clear. Pretend whatever you like.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 08:33 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
The prediction is perfectly clear.

It is. He is nitpicking.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 08:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
It is a meaningless prediction if there is no objective way to determine whether it happened.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 05:19 am
@Brandon9000,
You will ignore lawlessness committed by Trump’s supporters and over exaggerate any supposed criminality by his detractors.

That’s what you’ve always done.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 06:43 am
@Brandon9000,
Trump will serve another term - Will Not see the Entire term through.
2022 - Is When 'Normal' becomes obselete.
For more details, Read my latest book - "The Dissolution of Civilisation".

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 07:57 am
@coldjoint,
No, he's not.

Without specificity, this entire exercise is utterly meaningless.

If the term "many" means 1,000 and 999 happen, then without specificity the term will be redefined to mean 998 and then "Look how right I was!" will be crowed from every corner of this website.

Predictions without specificity are useless. Just ask Nostradamus.
engineer

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 08:36 am
@Brandon9000,
Do you predict that the right will commit lawless acts at Trump rallies, things like assaulting protestors or the press? Something like this or this?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 11:23 am
@jespah,
Quote:
No, he's not.

I disagree. I understood what was said, and need nothing else to make my decision on the accuracy of his post after the election.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 11:31 am
@engineer,
Quote:
Something like this or this?

Quote:
Rap Sheet: ***639*** Acts of Media-Approved Violence and Harassment Against Trump Supporters

Something like this?
Quote:
November 5, 2018: Bomb Threat called in at building next to Trump event.
November 5, 2018: Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) tells cheering supporters he “wanted to ‘Beat the Living Crap out of’ his GOP Opponent
November 3, 2018: Gillum (D-FL) intern arrested in Florida for throwing chocolate milk at College Republicans
November 2, 2018: Although reported to Twitter, live tweet (three days and counting) threatens Trump’s family.
November 2, 2018: Joe Biden Again Threatens To Harm GOP Candidate, “I’d Like To Give Him A High Threshold Of Pain”
October 31, 2018: Woman Threatens Violence Against 11-Year-Old over Trump Halloween Costume
October 31, 2018: Traverse City, MI,GOP office receives bomb threat
October 29, 2018: Actor James Cromwell: There will Be ‘Blood in the Streets’

Quote:
February 29, 2016: FL: Trump Volunteers Brutally Assaulted & Body Slammed While Campaigning
February 24, 2016: NYT columnist Ross Douthat “jokes” about assassination attempt on Trump
January 26, 2016: Protesters Threw Two Tomatoes at Donald Trump at a Rally in Iowa City
January 25, 2016: NH: Trump Supporter’s Large Sign Vandalized with Graffiti Islamic Symbol
January 9, 2016: Donald Trump’s campaign headquarters in Mass. vandalized
January 5, 2016: Jewish Trump supporter’s Trump sign vandalized with Nazi images.
December 28, 2015: Bridgewater, MA, Man Catches Neighbor Stealing Trump Signs
November 19, 2015: ‘Black Lives Matter’ Activist Calls for Donald Trump’s Assassination
September 1, 2015: Texas teen says Donald Trump is the reason he was attacked at bus stop

And this article is two years old. The violence is worse now. All 639 acts of violence listed at link.
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2018/07/05/rap-sheet-acts-of-media-approved-violence-and-harassment-against-trump-supporters/
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 09:31 am
@engineer,
Sounds like Trump is agitating for violence towards protesters. So do you predict the right will commit lawless acts at Trump rallies?

https://i.imgur.com/SIAI0I4.jpg
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 09:50 am
1. I have no problem condemning violence from any side. If you can just keep shouting childish insults at each other on the internet, it will be better for everyone.

2. Trump has to lose this election. I am very confident based on the polls and current events that Trump will lose this election.

3. Anyone who goes to a Trump rally for any reason is an idiot. (This is my solution to preventing violence committed by anyone against anyone.)
coldjoint

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 12:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I am very confident based on the polls and current events that Trump will lose this election.

It has been shown those polls only have 25% Republicans polled. That is called suppressing the polls. Those numbers are not worth anything. They are trying to demoralize Trump voters. 1 million ticket requests to his rally say something much different.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 05:12 pm
I predict that Trump will blow a gasket, thereby losing the support of 99.99% of his folliers.

In an unexpected turn, Joe Biden will admit he was sent to Earth in 471 BC on a top secret research project. Not having been born here, he will turn his votes over to his wife. Jill Biden will emerge in victory as the next President.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 05:42 pm
@coldjoint,
Actually (I just checked). Republicans make up 28.9% of the people being polled.

The polls are done correctly.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 05:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Polls are quite famously fallible.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 05:50 pm
@Sturgis,
My money is on Biden... And I mean that literally.

I was thinking that I should put money on Trump as "insurance" (I would be unhappy with a bad result.. but at least that I would win money). But at only +115, they aren't giving odds that even close to what I would need for that bet. I might take +200 at this point, but I would still feel that is a bad bet.

Sturgis

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 05:55 pm
@maxdancona,
Instead of being a greedy twit, spend your money on sure things, not elections.

..except in Russia where you can really clean up....

....before you are carted off to the gulag.