7

An Election Prediction

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 07:05 pm
I would like to be on record with an election prediction. The prediction is about the coming 2020 presidential election campaigns. I predict that the left will commit many lawless acts at Trump rallies and that the right will not commit lawless acts at Biden rallies, except, perhaps for one or two isolated kooks. Because I know that people will try very hard to misinterpret this prediction, I will clarify. I am not predicting that the left will commit many acts of lawlessness at each and every Trump rally, but that within the totality of Trump rallies for the 2020 election there will be many acts of lawlessness committed by the left.

You may say all kinds of negative things about me and my prediction here in this thread, but this prediction is one that time will either prove or disprove.

8  
Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 07:31 pm
I predict there will be many acts of aggression from both sides.

1  
Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 07:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Could you specify this prediction in a way that is measurable?

1) How will you tell if there is a lawless act? Is this open to interpretation based on a news story, or does there need to be charges filed? If you are just going to judge based on a subjective interpretation of a news story then this isn't much of a prediction.

2) How many are you predicting? Please give me an over/under.

I predict that there will be fewer than 12 people who have charges filed for something that did to disrupt a Trump rally. A Trump supporter getting arrested at a Trump rally doesn't count.

Is that fair?

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)

0  
Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 08:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
It is a meaningless prediction if there is no objective way to determine whether it happened.

4  
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 05:19 am
@Brandon9000,
You will ignore lawlessness committed by Trump’s supporters and over exaggerate any supposed criminality by his detractors.

That’s what you’ve always done.

mark noble

-1  
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 06:43 am
@Brandon9000,
Trump will serve another term - Will Not see the Entire term through.
2022 - Is When 'Normal' becomes obselete.
For more details, Read my latest book - "The Dissolution of Civilisation".

Have a Lovely Day

2  
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 07:57 am
@coldjoint,
No, he's not.

Without specificity, this entire exercise is utterly meaningless.

If the term "many" means 1,000 and 999 happen, then without specificity the term will be redefined to mean 998 and then "Look how right I was!" will be crowed from every corner of this website.

Predictions without specificity are useless. Just ask Nostradamus.
engineer

2  
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 08:36 am
@Brandon9000,
Do you predict that the right will commit lawless acts at Trump rallies, things like assaulting protestors or the press? Something like this or this?
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
engineer

7  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 09:31 am
@engineer,
Sounds like Trump is agitating for violence towards protesters. So do you predict the right will commit lawless acts at Trump rallies?

https://i.imgur.com/SIAI0I4.jpg

0  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 09:50 am
1. I have no problem condemning violence from any side. If you can just keep shouting childish insults at each other on the internet, it will be better for everyone.

2. Trump has to lose this election. I am very confident based on the polls and current events that Trump will lose this election.

3. Anyone who goes to a Trump rally for any reason is an idiot. (This is my solution to preventing violence committed by anyone against anyone.)
Below viewing threshold (view)
Sturgis

2  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 05:12 pm
I predict that Trump will blow a gasket, thereby losing the support of 99.99% of his folliers.

In an unexpected turn, Joe Biden will admit he was sent to Earth in 471 BC on a top secret research project. Not having been born here, he will turn his votes over to his wife. Jill Biden will emerge in victory as the next President.

0  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 05:42 pm
@coldjoint,
Actually (I just checked). Republicans make up 28.9% of the people being polled.

The polls are done correctly.
Sturgis

2  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 05:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Polls are quite famously fallible.

0  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 05:50 pm
@Sturgis,
My money is on Biden... And I mean that literally.

I was thinking that I should put money on Trump as "insurance" (I would be unhappy with a bad result.. but at least that I would win money). But at only +115, they aren't giving odds that even close to what I would need for that bet. I might take +200 at this point, but I would still feel that is a bad bet.

Sturgis

2  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 05:55 pm
@maxdancona,
Instead of being a greedy twit, spend your money on sure things, not elections.

..except in Russia where you can really clean up....

....before you are carted off to the gulag.

2. » An Election Prediction