I have not watched Christian TV in a long time. What have I missed?

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 02:51 am
Hi. I have not watched any Christian TV in a long time. Not since the Covid-19 crisis transpired anyway.

As of the time of the posting of this my satellite TV service is down and my Spectrum bill has to be paid off, despite me returning my charter equipment to Spectrum.

I can't get my TV to work regularly even without that equipment so I can watch regular broadcast TV on it.

Mainly these days I watch stuff online on my smartphone.

When I was watching TV I was watching Sonlife TV and following the Swaggart family on it. I also watched Christian programming on other Christian networks.

I haven't watched any Christian TV on any Christian network in a while since my Spectrum equipment was returned and my satellite TV service was shut down.

What have I missed? Have I missed anything important and/or worthwhile?

Please help. Thank you.

hightor

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 05:06 am
@JGoldman10,
I think everything you want is already in your bible. You have no need to watch christian TV. You're a cartoonist, right? Use your imagination instead of relying on other people to entertain you.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 05:53 am
@JGoldman10,
Jesus reappeared, did a make over programme with Lorraine Kelly before going out to buy a packet of cigarettes, and he’s not been seen since.

If you see Jesus ask him what he’s done with Lorraine’s dust devil because she can’t find the ****** anywhere.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 06:00 am
In seriousness all you’ve missed a load of snake oil merchants demanding money from the weak and vulnerable.

That’s all Christian TV is. Why not volunteer to help out at a hospital or homeless centre? That way you might meet some genuine Christians.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 07:05 am
My brother and I were idly sitting and watching television one night, and got into a long discussion, forgetting about the idiot box. We looked up and noticed that The 700 Club was on. Pat Robertson was telling us that if we were dissatisfied with life, if we were anxious, if we wanted to repent and get right with the lord, all we had to do was call the "800" number at the bottom of the screen. So that's just what my brother did. Now he's an accomplished bullshit artist, so he started this story about his misspent life, and how he wanted to get right with Jeebus . . . all they wanted to know was his credit card number, and how much he was willing to donate. He said they sounded bored, as if they had heard it all before, and wanted to get down to business, so they could get to the next sucker.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 10:07 am
@hightor,
Sigh. I watch teachings on TV. I watch Christian news shows and talk shows - programs that address what's going on in the Christian community and the issues affecting the Christian community.

That's important.

Christians need to hear the Word. I need to do more than just pray and do Bible study and have service at home and watch my pastor's streamed sermons every week.

I'm an artist and writer. I don't see how that is relevant to what I asked.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 10:14 am
It's important to be wide-awake and alert when posting new threads.

The topic question should have read:

"Christians: I have not watched Christian TV in a long time. What have I missed?"

-FIXED.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 10:28 am
@JGoldman10,
Christians?

Don’t be ridiculous.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 10:30 am
Quote:
I need to do more than just pray and do Bible study and have service at home and watch my pastor's streamed sermons every week.

You have to do more?

Watching christian-themed entertainment is pretty passive. I don't how it does anything to help you become a better person. How do you know if what you're seeing is anything more than a way to get higher ratings so that they can charge more money for advertising? Cut the cord, man, you don't that pre-digested pablum.

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 10:43 am
@hightor,
The Bible says to renew your mind with the Word of God. Christians are supposed to get the Word in their spirit.

The Bible says Christians are supposed to guard their floodgates.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 01:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
You never truly miss anything. As a God believer, your Faith reminds you that you shall receive your Lord's message when it is time.

As to actual programs, I have no idea. I'm sure I have watched various programs of a Christian sort, just not sure which ones. I don't pay attention to who or what is doing the broadcasting. If I like something, I watch, make a mental note of the day of the week and time the program is on and also the channel. For a while I enjoyed a program called Parables. As far as I know, it was cancelled somewhere along the way. Too bad, it was enjoyable.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 01:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
...should have read: Christians...

Oh, oh how I wish I'd known.

I ain't a Christian. Are non-Cristians allowed to watch them thar shows too? I used to watch the Jerry Falwell Ministries show back in the 70s and 80s. Never sent any money. Usually I was a bit drunk... does that make a difference? I recall a few times I even had carnal desires involving doing things to him.. Would that negate the message he was preaching?

Anywho, somewhere in the 90s, his ministry sent me a few VHS tapes. I wasn't watching his show anymore. No idea why they were sent. Anyway, I threw them in the trash... (never viewed them though)

By the way, that was the REAL and original Jerry Falwell, not his booze swilling, naked dancing, cheating, lying son.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 03:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
Have a Lovely Day, JGoldman.
0 Replies