3
   

How Joe Biden killed bankruptcy protection

 
 
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 04:16 pm

https://www.gq.com/story/joe-biden-bankruptcy-bill

Quote:
"The first duty of any senator from Delaware is to do the bidding of the banks and large corporations which use the tiny state as a drop box and legal sanctuary. Biden has never failed his masters in this primary task. Find any bill that sticks it to the ordinary folk on behalf of the Money Power and you’ll likely detect Biden’s hand at work."...
 
maxdancona
 
  4  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 04:20 pm
@gungasnake,
Sorry, nothing Joe Biden or his son has done matters in this election.

This election is a referendum on Donald Trump. That's all it is.
farmerman
 
  4  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 04:41 pm
@maxdancona,
gunga only comes back here every 4 years during presidential elections to spread pro Plump garbage as dictated by his Russian overlords. He hides behind his douche bag views of Creationism and aliens and any dumass zany **** he can dig up.
Other than that hes a great
livinglava
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 04:45 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Sorry, nothing Joe Biden or his son has done matters in this election.

This election is a referendum on Donald Trump. That's all it is.

Maybe, but the referendum might get more votes against Trump if the alternative to the Democratic candidate was abolishing the office of president altogether and just having the senate as the executive branch.

I think people are afraid of Democrats gaining too much power. They gave them a chance by giving them the majority in the house and look what they did.

Until Democrats can work with Republicans and otherwise honor everyone's perspective, they are just seen as a partisan faction seeking to maximize power against their enemies.
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 04:56 pm
@livinglava,
THE state in which to incorporate since the days of Woodrow Wilsons prsiential campaign.

Other states have tried to emulate Delaware's rapid streamlined legal process in which corporate law cases can be settled without juries, but Delaware, since its been doing it for ovr 100 years, has amassed a huge case law, thus streamlining it even further. Also the franchise taxes are zero (another on inserted in the 1930's).

When the 2008 "Gret Recession" hit, it was the Delaware Chancery Court that was abl to quickly sort out challenges an get the economy on a positive turn.
Sorry Gunga but you spend too much time rading Fake news.

0 Replies
 
gungasnake
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 07:14 pm
It isn't fake news that the best the dem party can muster in 2020 is an old gangster and an old bum.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:06 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Sorry, nothing Joe Biden or his son has done matters in this election.
This election is a referendum on Donald Trump. That's all it is.

That is incorrect. This election is going to be a referendum on the challenger, whoever it is.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:09 pm
@oralloy,
The "challenger" will be Biden. For all you guys will rant and whine, Joe Biden is White toast with mayonnaise. He is just a guy.

We will see, but I think you are wrong.

0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
gunga only comes back here every 4 years during presidential elections to spread pro Plump garbage as dictated by his Russian overlords.

That is incorrect. He posts just as regularly as you do.


farmerman wrote:
He hides behind his douche bag views of Creationism and aliens and any dumass zany **** he can dig up. Other than that hes a great

Can't you disagree with people without being so rude?
0 Replies
 
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:14 pm
@oralloy,
The incumbent had, early in his elected career , eliminated that
portion of the CDC whose job it was to foresee epidemics and plan for
remedial action. We, instead, have a third world response to COVID and are in an xpanding recession.

Should he not be held for this part of his crowing at the sunrise??

oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:53 pm
@farmerman,
It is absolutely fair to criticize the President.

But... it's also fair to criticize his challenger.
gungasnake
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 08:45 am
Slavery is supposed to be illegal in the United States. Particularly in the case of student loans, something has to happen here but I don't see limiting the something to student loans. What I would suggest is that Joe the Gangster's stupid law be rescinded or modified so that anybody can eliminate debt via bankruptcy after paying the original amount of a loan and that somewhere around 1.5 times the original amount of a loan, the loan is considered paid.

Bankers should be made to understand that the United States is a Christian nation and that their compound interest bullshit is allowed here only within civilized limits.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 09:35 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

It is absolutely fair to criticize the President.

But... it's also fair to criticize his challenger.


This is an interesting response. The word "referendum" isn't a negative word, as long as you have a good record as president that you are willing to run on.

I never said anything about "criticizing the President". I said that this would be a referendum on the President. That means that Trump has been in the drivers seat for the past 4 years and has to stand on his record good or bad.

In 2012, when Obama was the incumbent president, he was happy for the election to be a referendum on him.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 06:48 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
In 2012, when Obama was the incumbent president, he was happy for the election to be a referendum on him.

If that is so, why did he put forth such a strong effort to make the election a referendum on Romney?
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 07:02 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
In 2012, when Obama was the incumbent president, he was happy for the election to be a referendum on him.

If that is so, why did he put forth such a strong effort to make the election a referendum on Romney?


Oh... that was Romney? I voted for Obama in 2012, I don't even remember who he was running against.
0 Replies
 
livinglava
 
  0  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 07:05 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Slavery is supposed to be illegal in the United States. Particularly in the case of student loans, something has to happen here but I don't see limiting the something to student loans. What I would suggest is that Joe the Gangster's stupid law be rescinded or modified so that anybody can eliminate debt via bankruptcy after paying the original amount of a loan and that somewhere around 1.5 times the original amount of a loan, the loan is considered paid.

Bankers should be made to understand that the United States is a Christian nation and that their compound interest bullshit is allowed here only within civilized limits.

Sort of like drug traffickers should be made to understand the same thing and stop using drugs as a way to move money around and manipulate people into funding them by means of addiction-based torture.

Do you realize that if the Dems succeed in cancelling student loan debt, many people will just spend the extra money on more drugs and other waste? There is a small chance the economy will reform some of its ingrained bad/wasteful habits as a result of this quarantining and social distancing; but if it doesn't, student loan forgiveness is just going to stoke the fire of unsustainable industrial consumerism.

The economy is programmed to waste resources as part of its profit-machinery, so loan forgiveness or anything else that boosts consumer spending only contributes to unsustainable economic practices.

As I said, there is a chance the quarantining/social-distancing will result in more efficient transportation of people and goods, which if it continues after the virus threat is under control, could give the economy a boost in the direction of sustainability reform; but if not, we will just be back to the problem of economic activity causing unsustainability, like we have been since, what, the 1960s? 1920s?
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 07:06 pm
@oralloy,
Give me an honest answer Oralloy.

When you cast your vote in 2012... was it a vote for Romney or was it a vote against Obama?
Brand X
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 07:14 pm
CBS News
@CBSNews
· 54m
According to CBS News primary polls, 59% of Florida likely voters said they trusted Biden over Sanders -37%- to handle Social Security.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 07:15 pm
@maxdancona,
Neither. After what the Democrats did to me in the 2008 primaries, I now automatically vote for every single Republican in every single general election without any consideration of issues or candidates.

I even look up which judicial candidates are backed by the Republicans (this information is not on the ballot) and vote for them.

I do still try to support pro-gun candidates in primary elections however.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2020 06:18 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:


This is an interesting response. The word "referendum" isn't a negative word, as long as you have a good record as president that you are willing to run on.

I never said anything about "criticizing the President". I said that this would be a referendum on the President. That means that Trump has been in the drivers seat for the past 4 years and has to stand on his record good or bad.


Simplistic as ever. Winston Churchill ran on his record in 1945, and it was pretty impressive too, he'd just beaten Hitler. It was probably the most impressive record any incumbent had. He still lost.

He lost because the Labour Party had a vision for the future, that's why they won decisively.

People are a lot more complicated than rays or particles, stick to physics.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » How Joe Biden killed bankruptcy protection
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2020 at 12:15:45