Happily Married.....Sex Every Night?

Wed 11 Mar, 2020 06:59 am
I have been happily married for a while now. Recently my wife had a talk with a friend and this friend told her that her and her husband were having sex every night except for that time of the month.

Sure I am a man, I love sex and being intimate. Is it weird that I don't want to be having sex every night?

PUNKEY

Wed 11 Mar, 2020 07:03 am
It’s the quality, not the quantity that counts. So don’t even go into that kind of competition talk about how often. (She’s probably lying, anyway)
anonymous21

Wed 11 Mar, 2020 07:11 am
@PUNKEY,
I completely agree. My reply was how do you sustain the excitement? How do you not burn out and not reduce quality?
PUNKEY

Wed 11 Mar, 2020 09:29 am
@anonymous21,
You do “foreplay” all week!

Touch her during the day, kiss her neck when shes at the sink; foot rubs when watching TV; bring flowers; have weekly date nights, whisper loving and then sexy comments in her ear, cook for her, text her with suggestive remarks, cuddle in bed without expecting sex, spend time seducing each other. Build up the entire “event” and when it does happen, it’s exciting.

Of course, she should be playful all week, too.
CoastalRat

Wed 11 Mar, 2020 01:29 pm
@anonymous21,
Of course it is not "weird." As was said earlier, your wife's friend is probably not being totally honest. But even if she is, who cares how often someone else is having sex? How often you have sex is not a good indication of a couple's relationship health.

Never compare your relationship to someone else's. Because you never have all the facts. And what seems great (Wow, she says they have sex every night!) may mask all kinds of problems.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:27 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

You do “foreplay” all week!

Forget about that and go straight to the cigarette.
0 Replies

squint

Thu 22 Oct, 2020 07:50 pm
@anonymous21,
Hah! I am 62 do it most nights and mornings. If life has taught me anything its that "normal" means almost NOTHING.

There is an expansive continuum for most things. My advise is find someone you are compatible with.

How old?
0 Replies

HonestlyAnonymous

Fri 11 Dec, 2020 11:13 am
@anonymous21,
In my head, I'd like sex every day, but in practice, I think it could get old pretty quickly. I tend to find sex is better when it has been a few days in between & we're both well up for it. The worst thing is my wife just going through the motions to keep me happy. That's a real turnoff for me. In that instance, I'd rather she just say & if I was really horny, I'd just have a wank instead.

Somehow I doubt your wife's friend is having as much sex as she claims, but if it is true, then it sounds like both partners just have very high sex drives. Good for them! As long as you & yours are happy then I wouldn't spend another moment worrying about it. You are most likely in the majority of us who get it say three times a week on average. Some may be less than that & both happy too. Whatever suits.
burbigo

Sun 24 Jan, 2021 05:41 pm
@HonestlyAnonymous,
The benefits of sex on physical and mental health are well established. So why not take advantage of it every day?
0 Replies

michaelwilson888

Fri 5 Feb, 2021 04:42 am
@anonymous21,
Dude, that's a personal thing and you shouldn't think about someone's life. Sex is a thing that depends from 2 people at least. If you and your partner feel that's enough so why not.
0 Replies

Missingit

Sun 21 Feb, 2021 10:27 pm
I agree, if you and your partner are happy then that is AWESOME!!! My spouse hasn't touched me intimately in 15 years, so you are doing great!
0 Replies

daryan12s

Wed 23 Jun, 2021 08:45 am
@anonymous21,
Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with that. According to psychologists, with each year lived together, sex becomes much less common between husband and wife. And from the side of psychology, this is considered absolutely normal.
We are all human, we can saturate at work. And we may want to come home and just lie down and relax without sex.
0 Replies