15

Is flirting with other women on facebook cheating?

1  
Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 08:45 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

With your wife, even if the case where she asked you to start flirting with a particular person,

Sorry, I meant "stop flirting"
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 05:03 am
@chai2,
ah ****, for a second there i

Medusax

1  
Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 12:50 pm
@chai2,
As far as "insecurities", I don't base how I "feel about myself" on whether some random guy flirts with me. I talk to men every day in one situation or another. "Flirting" never enters into it, and TBH, I would find it highly annoying if it did. It is matter-of-fact talk. If that makes me a bitch, so be it. *shrugs*

2  
Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 03:43 pm
@Medusax,
Medusax, I have no argument with you.

You can obviously make the choices you want to make. You just as obviously must have your reasons.

Me personally?
The guy I was married to over 26 years never expressed an interest in anyone else but me in a romantic, sexual, or deep relationship way.
In other words, there was never any thought on his part to take any second step to an affair, because he never took a first step towards one.

The man wasn't a moron. If a woman expressed annoyance, or from the get go would come across as matter of fact or uninterested in pleasantries or receiving innocent flattery that was both sincere and respectful, he didn't continue. There really wasn't anything to continue. Because he didn't consider how he talked to either men or women as flirting, or talking with one of the guys, or gently teasing/joking with little kids, or whatever else someone could call any one of a million interactions.
If a little kid showed in any way s/he didn't want to be talked to, felt "teased" (in the mildest way, more good natured joking), he didn't do it. If a man didn't want to talk about one of his interests, they found other things to talk about. He wasn't some sex fiend on the make.
It was simply his personality. It was the person I fell in love with, was cherised by and I had no reason to change him in that way from the person that I was first attracted to.

Again, I have no argument with you.

You make your decisions based on whatever crieteria. I do the same.

johnrayan1

0  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 09:32 am
@TK01,
If that is flirt with other women that is definitely cheating

Lucyloop

1  
Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 05:31 pm
@Leadfoot,
I wouldnt be happy about it.
One Ex i had was playing online gaming to the point of where he would be staying up right through the night i could hear him laughing and joking and being flirtatious i questioned him about it and was told i was paranoid.
As time passed i over heard him talking to a girl and saying he loved her so i listened more and he was talking about a future meet, it turns out over like a 12 month period when he was going to work or supposed to be he was meeting up with her who lived in the next city he says it was only a couple of times but i had to get away just felt betrayed.
Medusax

1  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 02:47 pm
@Lucyloop,
Every man I was involved with cheated/lied except my husband (but....I wouldn't bet my LIFE on it). My last relationship was the worst. I didn't have my radar up because I figured at his age he was past all that immature crap, but he wasn't. He was pulling the same sort of thing. And then, THIS is what ended it, actually, the incredibly ignorant, stupid, pathetic, weak lies. THAT was the worst part. I now have absolutely NO respect for men in general.

LisaMcdowell

0  
Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 10:28 am
Yes, sure it is. i would not be happy if my husband did so.
Medusax

1  
Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 01:56 am
@LisaMcdowell,
Nobody with any self-respect or caring for their SO would. I have heard the "just talking" excuse, the "just friends" excuse, etc. Given my age, most of it happened before online things made it so much easier to do, but it was still done.
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 11:11 am
@Medusax,
And Online! The Horror!
Medusax

1  
Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 12:32 am
@Leadfoot,
You can mock me all you like. Online flirting leads to real life affairs, and it allows you to reach a broader audience. I lived it. Yes, what myself and several other women went through with my last "mistake" WAS a horror, of hurt feelings, anger and humiliation. Judging by your post, you must be one of those that CONDONES such behavior.
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:25 am
@Medusax,
Not you Medusa, I’m mocking this society for not coming to grips with what is wrong with itself. I denied there was anything wrong for many decades and several marriages where I was one hundred percent faithful but was betrayed by all of them. It would be easy to lay it all on them or the true but bullshit line that 'we were both at fault'.
I don’t think we (every ******* one of us) were taught what a healthy relationship is. I think we were taught from day one to build a fence around our relationships because if you don’t, what is 'yours' will stray away or be lured/stollen from you. I wouldn’t want to live in such a world, even if that were true.

GiaLindsey

0  
Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 03:07 am
@TK01,
Well this is not a good thing because even though they are only flirting on facebook. This could still affect your relationship with your partner.
Medusax

1  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 02:32 pm
@GiaLindsey,
Yes. It is the first step in the slow progression of actual cheating. "It's only talk online, I'll never meet them". Then, "It's only a nude pic, not like we really HAVE anything". Then "Ok...it's ONLY phone sex while my SO is working, not like it's really going to happen." Then, 'Ok..it's ONE night in a motel, never to see the person again." Then, as in the case of my most recent (and LAST) ex, "Hmm...well if this one can't make it I have a couple of others who will, so I am in for a good time regardless while she works.. hee hee hee." No more time for THAT...