If your date said they was a disability carer, how attractive would that be

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:05 pm
In the context of replying to being asked "What do you do for work?"

chai2

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:36 pm
@AdroDaBest,
Why would it be attractive or unattractive?

Do you have an issue with people with disabilities getting proper professional care?
AdroDaBest

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:56 pm
@chai2,
No problem with disabilities getting proper professional care. You misinterpret what I'm asking. Let me put in differently... How does being a disability worker compare in terms of quality to other jobs in the eyes of women.
chai2

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 07:11 pm
@AdroDaBest,
Do the women you want to date have a problem with people with disabilites getting proper professional care?

Why would you even want to give the time of day to anyone who looked down on your work?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 10:52 am
@AdroDaBest,
AdroDaBest wrote:

No problem with disabilities getting proper professional care. You misinterpret what I'm asking. Let me put in differently... How does being a disability worker compare in terms of quality to other jobs in the eyes of women.

One would easily expect that a person, who specifically takes care (physical therapy, home care, etc...) of disabled individuals, doesn't make a considerable income. Like everything, how an individual woman interprets that is clearly up to the personality and priorities of that person (like literally every other person who has ever lived).

You're not going to get a straight up or down answer on how women feel towards a very vague set of people who fall under this occupational group.

I suspect some would be charmed or moved by this hypothetical carer's potential emotional empathy towards her or his disabled patients/clients.

Others might look down on how little that person makes and can make if remaining in this occupation turned career.

And there is going to be people who fall in between these two groups (or have separate issues or feelings that go beyond these statements).
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 01:15 pm
A more salient question would be, "Why do I have such trouble dealing with someone's occupation?".

Well, why do you have such a problem with it?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 01:18 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

A more salient question would be, "Why do I have such trouble dealing with someone's occupation?".

Well, why do you have such a problem with it?

I think some people here have it backwards. I suspect the OP is the person with the disability carer occupation and is wondering why he doesn't have any dates and if his career is the dealbreaker on why he's dateless.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 05:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
That's an interesting take.

I would think that a person empathetic enough to work with the special needs community would be able to read why he might not have a date.

But you have a point, maybe the dissatisfaction is also about his own profession, too?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 06:27 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I don't know about America but over here care workers are undervalued, they don't get paid nearly enough for what they do. They get about the same as cleaners. That could well be a reason for insecurity.
Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 08:53 am
I agree - the only thing that "could" be considered negative would be the income the person earns.

To be honest when I was single - the main thing was does this other person's career; job something that they can support themselves on - in other words I would not want to support another person, but I do not expect them support me - and is this a good honest job.

Also you are just dating - the above financial aspect really is only important if you get more serious.

To me I would think - this person has to be very caring to take on such difficult work - how easy could it be? If anything initially it would be positive.

Later on - if I were to get serious - it would be more of a concern - is this job such that this individual would need to live with who the care? How would that impact you as a couple? Is this person earnings enough so they are financially stable where they can be financially independent.

But the same should be asked of you. I was in a position where I was financially capable of taking care of myself and I expected the same of someone else that I would get serious of.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 06:56 pm
@izzythepush,
HIGHLY looked down at.
chai2

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 08:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Yeah, and someone who can toss a ball around is a hero.

What a world.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 08:43 pm
@chai2,
What a world, indeed. It take 2000 hours of classroom training to cut hair in Texas with 200 continuing education hours per year.

One eight hour session will get you a concealed weapon carry permit and anyone can open carry.

Caaaraaaazy world.
chai2

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 09:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Well, in defense of hair stylists, they have to keep up with a lot of of chemicals and also be on the alert for skin conditions, and other signs of health problems show up in the hair and or skin and nails.

Also, the 2000 training is not just covering wielding a pair of scissors. Again, chemicals, techniques, hair types, etc.
If you want to look like crap, get your neighbor to cut your hair.

In every job, there is always a lot more than meets the eye.

You may not agree with that, but there it is.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 09:38 pm
@chai2,
My complaint is about how easy it is to get a concealed carry permit.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 09:52 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

In every job, there is always a lot more than meets the eye.

For sure.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 09:51 am
rogerrrr.....
0 Replies