Why did Cory Booker drop out of the 2020 presidential race?

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 05:57 am
@JGoldman10,
If you feel that strongly about abortion, then you will need to vote for Donald Trump and the Republican Party, as they all oppose abortion.

Odd that you have strong feelings about abortion, but you forgot to check what Booker stands on the issue.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:01 am
@Rebelofnj,
I haven't been following any of the candidates that closely.

I watched Booker when he was on the Real not that long ago when he was talking about his campaign platform.

I know Biden has been accused of being a racist and pedophile, and has a speech issue.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:02 am
@JGoldman10,
Due to NRA lobbying for looser gun restrictions in various states, it has been said that the availability of firearms have allowed these shootings to happen.

However, this varies from case to case, and there are other factors in play.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:24 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I haven't been following any of the candidates that closely.

I watched Booker when he was on The Real not that long ago when he was talking about his campaign platform.

I know Biden has been accused of being a racist and pedophile, and has a speech issue.

FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:28 am
@Rebelofnj,
Was the NRA inadvertently responsible for those two shootings I mentioned?

It's been said there are MORE gun shops in the U.S. than there are Starbucks coffeehouses, McDonald's restaurants and supermarkets put together.

Something is WRONG with that picture.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:29 am
@JGoldman10,
Funny how you talk for God but have no humanity. You're saying that if at three months a woman is told her baby is dead she should be forced to carry a dead baby for six months longer so she can have a still birth.

You're also saying that victims of rape and incest should be forced to have the children regardless.

That's evil, as is the NRA shooting up schools, something you appear to be supporting.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:31 am
@JGoldman10,
So you were ready to vote for Booker, despite not knowing what was his platform was?

Based on what you posted, he has different views than you. He is a major supporter of LGBT rights, and has performed same sex marriages during his time as the mayor of Newark. He actually refused to do any marriages, gay and straight, until gay marriage was legal in New Jersey. He has also been vocal on the Trump Administration's ant-LGBT policies.

https://www.nj.com/essex/2013/10/booker_plans_to_start_marrying_same-sex_couples_monday_report_says.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/cory-booker-pledges-undo-trump-s-un-american-trans-military-n984341
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:33 am
@Rebelofnj,
I was trying to decide between Booker and Biden. I didn't say I wanted to vote for Booker. Booker dropped out- talking about him is a moot point.

I'm going to do more research on Biden and Sanders.

I also need to do research on LOCAL candidates running for office. Local elections always get tied to presidential ones.

For some ODD reason, my local election board DOESN'T list info about the local candidates who are running during presidential elections. It would save a great deal of time if they posted info about each local candidates' campaign platform on their website.

I am going to send them an email about that.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:48 am
@JGoldman10,
You say
Quote:
I didn't say I wanted to vote for Booker.

But in the opening of the thread, you said
Quote:
I was going to support him and vote for him.

To save time, I should mention that Sanders and Biden share similar views with Booker: supportive of LGBT rights, allowing Planned Parenthood to function, and they would vote to allow reparations.

As for finding info on your local elections, you could try looking up the candidate's name and the country/city name on Google. It usually leads to the candidate's website.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 06:51 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

As for finding info on your local elections, you could try looking up the candidate's name and the country/city name on Google. It usually leads to the candidate's website.

I know- I am saying my local election board should put all the info they have about each local candidate on their website, instead of just naming them.

It's easier to look up info about a group of people if it's all in one place.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 07:06 am
@JGoldman10,
As an example, I'm going to look up the elections held in Story City, Iowa (I don't live there. The city was featured in a Fables comic, and I was surprised it existed. No werewolves though)

I typed "story city iowa elections" and the first link is to the Story county government website, and it displays when the election takes place and info about the candidates (since it is early and this is Iowa, there are no candidates yet)

I typed my city and elections, and I got links to the county website as well as the local newspaper website.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 10:51 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

You say
Quote:
I didn't say I wanted to vote for Booker.

But in the opening of the thread, you said
Quote:
I was going to support him and vote for him.

I was half-asleep when I made that post.

I am going to watch Christian TV and hear what they have to say regarding the candidates who are running so I can make an informed decision, and also pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to me who to vote for.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2020 04:48 am
@JGoldman10,
If religion is going to be a major factor in your decision, I should mention what the Democratic frontrunners' faiths are.

*Sanders, Jewish
*Biden, Catholic
*Warren, Methodist
*Buttigieg, Episcopalian
*Bloomberg, raised Jewish, now secular
*Klobuchar, Protestant
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 09:09 am
@Rebelofnj,
Are ALL Dems pro-LGBTQIA and pro-choice?
Are there any Republicans who are pro-LGBTQIA and pro-choice? Are there any Republicans who are pro-reparations?

Bloomberg seems like someone I might want to support; is he a Dem or a Republican?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 09:18 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Bloomberg seems like someone I might want to support; is he a Dem or a Republican?

Watch the bloody news. I know that, and I know v little about American politics.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 09:56 am
@JGoldman10,
The Democratic party and the Democratic candidates are Pro choice and all supportive of LGBT rights. I'm guessing you don't know this but Pete Buttigieg (who has some traction in the Democratic race) is the only openly gay candidate in the race.

There are the Log Cabin Republicans, who are supportive of LGBT rights, but they don't have much power in Congress.

"Bloomberg was a lifelong Democrat until 2001, when he switched to the Republican Party before running for Mayor. He switched to an independent in 2007, and registered again as a Democrat in October 2018."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bloomberg

It is not that hard to use Google to find all this information yourself.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 10:11 am
@JGoldman10,
Bloomberg, too, is Pro-Choice and supportive of LGBT rights

Quote:
Bloomberg supports abortion rights, stating, "Reproductive choice is a fundamental human right and we can never take it for granted. On this issue, you're either with us or against us." He has criticized "pro-choice" politicians who support "pro-life" candidates.

Bloomberg has supported same-sex marriage since 2009 and supported legalizing same-sex marriage in New York in 2011. Bloomberg has said "government shouldn't tell you whom to marry."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Michael_Bloomberg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 10:16 am
@JGoldman10,
You don't believe in freedom.

Freedom, we're talking bout your freedom
Freedom to choose what you do with your body
Freedom to believe what you like
Freedom for brothers to love one another
Freedom for black and white
Freedom from elitist male domination,
Freedom for the mother and wife
Freedom from Big Brother's interrogation
Freedom to live your own life
coldjoint

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 04:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You don't believe in freedom.

You don't, why ask him?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 09:01 pm
@Rebelofnj,
It would be a heck of a lot easier to look this stuff up on a laptop or PC but as the time of the posting of this my laptop is down. I am accessing the internet via smartphone.