8
   

Rush Limbaugh was awarded the medal of freedom by donald trump

 
 
Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2020 09:08 pm
Most people probably are already aware that Rush Limbaugh is one of the worst racist of our times, because he has a huge following of fellow racists. That Donald Trump, the KKK supreme commander would award Rush Limbaugh with the medal of freedom speaks volumes about how much our country just lost from several decades of progress. From Snopes. Top 10 Racist Rush Limbaugh Quotes

1. “I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

2. “You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”

3. “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

4. “Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.”

5. “Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

6. “The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

7. “They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

8. “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller).”

9. “I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.”
We looked for documentation for each of these statements. Here’s what we found:

“I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

The only source we’ve turned up so far that putatively documents this quote is the 2006 book 101 People Who Are Really Screwing America, which attributed it to Rush Limbaugh but cited no source. On his program of 12 October 2009, Limbaugh disclaimed this quote as a fabricated one:

There’s a quote out there that I first saw it in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch last week that I somehow, some time ago, defended slavery and started cracking jokes about it. And, you know, you say a lot of things in the course of 15 hours a week, over the course of 21 years. We’ve gone back, we have looked at everything we have. There is not even an inkling that any words in this quote are accurate. It’s outrageous, but it’s totally predictable.

It’s being repeated by people who have never listened to this program, they certainly didn’t hear it said themselves because it was never said.
 
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2020 09:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You should check Snopes before posting these things.

Many of these quotes are not attributable to Limbaugh.
glitterbag
 
  4  
Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2020 10:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, the King of Krap was awarded the Medal of Freedom............



0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2020 10:53 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rush Limbaugh was awarded the medal of freedom by Donald Trump

Good.


cicerone imposter wrote:
Most people probably are already aware that Rush Limbaugh is one of the worst racist of our times, because he has a huge following of fellow racists.

This tendency of progressives to falsely accuse everyone of racism is pretty silly.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2020 10:56 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You should check Snopes before posting these things.
Many of these quotes are not attributable to Limbaugh.

Actually most of his post is a cut-n-paste from Snopes. He just didn't bother to read what he was cut-and-pasting.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 04:59 am
@maxdancona,
Always the first to rush to the defence of the far right.
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 05:53 am
@izzythepush,
Interesting... Izzy seems to prefer partisan lies to actual facts.

Is there any other liberal here who thinks that facts matter regardless of political ideology?
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 05:58 am
@maxdancona,
You're only upset with lies when they affect your heroes. You have no problem with Donald Trump lying, no problem at all.

You've admitted lying yourself.

You've never been remotely interested in the truth, just pushing a far right narrative.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 06:13 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy wrote:
Yap Yip Yap Yap Yap Arf pant pantt Arf


Izzy is so adorable when he gets exited.

The point is that facts matter. Putting words into the mouth of someone, even someone you dislike, is dishonest and petty. The fact that Limbaugh recently was diagnosed with a serious form of lung cancer makes it worse.

If you are politically astute, this is what in England is called an "own goal". You are giving sympathy to the very person you are trying to disparage.

If you are a human, you would realize you are just being an asshole.
hightor
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 06:29 am
Whether Limbaugh said those things or not is beside the point — why does he merit this sort of recognition? Bush II awarded one to Paul Harvey but he wasn't nearly as divisive.
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 07:03 am
@hightor,
What do you mean "beside the point"? The OP is attacking Rush Limbaugh by using nasty quotes that he never said. That is the point.

Look, Donald Trump is president. Presidents get to hand out these medals to whomever they choose. So what? If you don't like it, then make sure that you do what you need to so that the Democrats win the election in November.

And that brings us to the election in November. For the Democrats to win, all they have to do is show that they aren't as nasty or as bat **** crazy as the Republicans. That is all they have to do to win. Trump is president. This shouldn't be difficult.

Whipping yourselves up in self-righteous outrage over a radio talk show host.... particularly when he has just been diagnosed with a serious form of cancer... isn't a step in the right direction.



izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 07:10 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The point is that facts matter.


Which is why you lied when quoting me.

You don't know what truth is.

Maybe Limbaugh didn't originate all the quotations CI attributed to him but he's likely to have repeated them and I've never heard of him contradicting any of them.

CI is getting on in years he gets the odd thing wrong. He's not a politician or a political machine he's one individual. Yet he is the one you attack.

There's more truth in what he's written about Limbaugh than any of your butt licking posts.
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 07:13 am
@izzythepush,
That's nice Izzy.

Would you care for a Jelly Baby?
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 07:18 am
@maxdancona,
I imagine they beat licking Limbaugh's shitter clean. You should try them sometime. It's always good to vary one's diet. (And comebacks.)
0 Replies
 
hightor
 
  3  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 09:03 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Presidents get to hand out these medals to whomever they choose.

So we're not allowed to be critical of the choice or ask why it was deserved?
Quote:
The presidential medal seeks to recognize those people who have made "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors".
wikipedia

If you look at the list of previous winners, do you think all the choices were appropriate? I don't. But this one seemed excessively political. Even if Limbaugh said none of the quotes listed, I've heard him make some very similar comments. His significance as a divisive and often dishonest radio personality merits critical attention not celebratory accolades.
Quote:
Whipping yourselves up in self-righteous outrage over a radio talk show host....

Which I'm not doing.
Quote:
isn't a step in the right direction.

What's the "right direction"? Where are we supposed to be heading here?

Here, most of these Limbaugh quotes are referenced:

Rush Limbaugh’s most outrageous moments in 25 years on the radio

Interestingly, when I was looking for Limbaugh quotes I checked out several "conservative" (more like neo-Nazi) sites and a lot of the same statements were listed but no one disputed their authenticity. They don't care if he actually said them or not; they're more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.






maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 06:24 pm
@hightor,
1. You are allowed to be critical of whatever you want... as am I.

2. Sure, the Presidential Medal of Honor was probably not deserved. Who cares?

3. The original list of alleged quotes that started this thread were not factually supported. Facts matter.

4. There are lots of Americans who don't find the latest Rush Limbaugh quotes to be all that offensive. You have a right to your opinion, they have a right to theirs.

5. (And this is the most important point). Donald Trump won the 2016 election by pointing to the outraged liberals who run around calling everyone racist. Hillary called them "Deplorables" they voted for Trump. The rest is history.

6. You dummies are being played. Trump knew exactly what he was doing when he had the Medal of Freedom bestowed upon Limbaugh in the middle of the
SOTU. He wants you to react with outrage and post these screes about racism... because you will ensure that he is reelected in 2020.

Again.... all the Democrats have to do in 2020 is to be more reasoned, and less bat-**** crazy than Donald F. Trump. It isn't that hard to do. It is a shame they are having such a hard time of it.


oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 09:52 pm
@maxdancona,
The medal of honor is for war heroes.

Rush received the medal of freedom.
glitterbag
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2020 10:17 pm
@hightor,
I hear thru the grapevine that Pope Francis has already submitted Rush for canonization.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 02:01 am
@glitterbag,
That sounds fair enough.

https://news.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/human-cannonball-launch.jpg
glitterbag
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2020 02:05 am
@izzythepush,
Don't you just love to wallow in bullshit? Yeah, me neither.
 

Related Topics

2016 moving to #1 spot - Discussion by gungasnake
Black Lives Matter - Discussion by TheCobbler
Racism? - Question by The UPS Man
Is 'colored people' offensive? - Question by SMickey
Obama’s Black Skin Privilege - Discussion by coldjoint
Obama, a Joke - Discussion by coldjoint
The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - Discussion by bobsal u1553115
The ECHR and muslims - Discussion by Arend
Atlanta Race Riot 1906 - Discussion by kobereal24
Quote of the Day - Discussion by Tabludama
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Rush Limbaugh was awarded the medal of freedom by donald trump
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 02/23/2020 at 01:15:35