Does anyone have suggestions of what nicknames to call Donald Trump?

revelette3

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 03:05 pm
@coldjoint,
It was translated into a complete work (rather than parts here and there) in the Middle Ages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations_into_English
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 03:05 pm
@revelette3,
Quote:
It is possible some of the Muslim quotes are metaphors as well.

Not likely. The Koran, itself, says it is to be taken literally. And if there is a metaphor it also says it will be pointed out as one. That leaves people with a clear way to interpret Islam.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 03:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
No, it's not. Anymore than Christians are obligated to go out and murder nonbelievers as the Hebrews did when following god's commandments they killed their neighbors and took over their land.

Muslims are massacring people in the name of their religion.

Jews and Xtians are not massacring people in the name of their religion.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 03:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
That's how the heretic canaanites took over the land that became Israel. They followed their god's violent commands.

The Canaanites and their Israelite descendants didn't take over anything. They are the original indigenous population.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 03:45 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

MontereyJack wrote:
That's how the heretic canaanites took over the land that became Israel. They followed their god's violent commands.

The Canaanites and their Israelite descendants didn't take over anything. They are the original indigenous population.

Get your facts straight Oralloy (and this is a factual question... you can test to see if it is true or not).

1) Genetically speaking the Palestinians and Israelis have the same ancestors. If Israelis are are indigenous to Israel... so are the Palestinians.

2) Have you read about Moses leading the people to Israel, and then Joshua conquering it? According to the Jewish religious history (i.e. the Bible) the Jews were not the indigenous people. They came in on God's order and enslaved the original inhabitants.

The Biblical story of the Israelis coming to Israel says that they are not indigenous to the land.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 03:59 pm

let's get this thread back on track...

Adolf Twitler
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 04:06 pm
Captain America
revelette3

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 04:10 pm
@coldjoint,
Liar in Chief.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 04:20 pm
@revelette3,
Commander in Chief
hightor

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 04:22 pm
Trumpelstiltskin
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 05:44 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Commander in Chief

FAIL

that's a title, not a nickname...
coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 06:00 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
FAIL

That's original. "Doctor " as in "Doctor J" is a popular prefix for nicknames and also a title. Sinatra was called the "Chairman of the Board" also a title. FAIL.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 06:42 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Get your facts straight Oralloy (and this is a factual question... you can test to see if it is true or not).

My facts are straight. That is why you cannot point out any errors in my posts.

maxdancona wrote:
1) Genetically speaking the Palestinians and Israelis have the same ancestors.

Only if you go back to Bronze Age Canaan. The Palestinians diverged before the Israelites formed their Iron Age kingdoms.

And like you've said before, the Palestinians may not have been part of any of the Iron Age kingdoms that rose from the ashes of Bronze Age Canaan.

maxdancona wrote:
If Israelis are are indigenous to Israel... so are the Palestinians.

True, but so what? Being indigenous does not make it OK for Palestinians to murder other indigenous people.

maxdancona wrote:
2) Have you read about Moses leading the people to Israel, and then Joshua conquering it?

Not since I was a child. I remember the gist of the story however.

There are many parts of the Bible that match up to history and archaeology. But not all of it is historically accurate.

That said, do we know for sure what became of the descendants of the Hyksos?

maxdancona wrote:
According to the Jewish religious history (i.e. the Bible) the Jews were not the indigenous people. They came in on God's order and enslaved the original inhabitants.
The Biblical story of the Israelis coming to Israel says that they are not indigenous to the land.

According to archaeology they are the original indigenous population.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 12:40 am
@coldjoint,
The point is, every Xian sect for the last two thousand years and there have been multitutdes of them, was or is absolutely convinced their thought about whaong in the bible really means was the correct interpretation and the other sects who differed from them were wrong and were probably heretics to boot. For two thousand years,s people have often ended up killing other Christians (or jews) whose interpretation differed from theirs. It's all about what parts you choose to value and which you slough off or pay lip service to. Same with Islam.
oralloy

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 07:29 am
@MontereyJack,
Aside from Northern Ireland (which has finally reached peace) Xtians do not tend to massacre each other over religious differences in modern times.

On the other hand, there are a large number of Muslims who are still out to massacre all non-Muslims. That's why people conduct dronestrikes against Muslims and not against Xtians.

And let's not forget all the Muslims who murder their own teenage daughters if they go out on a date with a boy. Or the Muslims who think that little girls should be killed for trying to learn how to read.

Now, is this all Muslims everywhere? No. Of course not. There are lots of peaceful Muslims too. But unlike with other religions, there remains a very large problem within Islam.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 11:43 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Aside from Northern Ireland

Quote:
Islamic terrorists killed more civilians in two hours on September 11th (2977) than in the 26 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland(2236).

https://cain.ulster.ac.uk/issues/violence/death95w.htm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 08:42 am
@coldjoint,
If only you were under it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 08:44 am
@glitterbag,
Twice? That's nuthin'!
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 09:10 am
@MontereyJack,
I can see that point. As for me, I chose to have faith and when I read the Bible, especially the words in red and some other parts of the OT, I really feel it's all true. It works for me. On the other hand, the belief that the earth came to be just like a giant accident all on its own, don't work for me. Your exact words could be used to describe all sorts of things including revolution and atheism.

I think the truth is there somewhere in all the books of religion and perhaps in some of the books which were discarded. I used to believe in every single word in the Bible exactly as stated, but, the older I get, the more I think there is a lot we just don't know and perhaps never will. However, one thing I have always believed and will continue to believe is that there is a God who made all things. Exactly how, I don't know for sure, but it is not important for me to have complete faith in that belief.

So tell me, how did this subject come up here on this thread about nicknames for Donald Trump??

Donald the Despot.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 09:28 am
@revelette3,
The usual idiots were claiming Christianity was not violent like Islam. I think they may have accepted Northern Ireland but they ignore things like The Spanish Inquisition and the role of the church in Apartheid and slavery, sexual abuse of children by the clergy etc. etc.

People like MJ were trying to inject a bit of reality, because there are some really terrible Christians out there, and they all support Trump.

He wasn't making a blanket condemnation of all Christians like the usual idiots do with Islam.