Does anyone have suggestions of what nicknames to call Donald Trump?

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 01:25 pm
@coldjoint,
Is the OT most of the bible? Isn't that what you believe too? You will noktice that your holy book contains several very differenty mutually incompatible things, which you are supposed to follow. That ;is precisely y point. You can't fo everything the bible tells you to do simultaneously, because they are mutuall ly contrsadictory so you choose some andnd reject others. Same with Muslims. Same with Buddhists. Same with most long-established religions. Stop getting all your material exclusively from Islamophobes. Or actually talk to muslims instead of listening to crap about them. contradictory. So you have to choose some parts to practice and some to ignore. Same with Muslims. Same with Buddhists. Same with mokst long-established religions with centuries of vsriation behind them. Stop getting all youIs the OT most of the bible? Isn't that what you believe too? You will noktice that your holy book contains several very differenty mutually incompatible things, which you are supposed to follow. That ;is precisely y point. You can't fo everything the bible tells you to do simultaneously, because they are mutuallyhttps://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Royal+Canadian+Mounted+Police+Car&FORM=IDINTSnd reject others. Same with Muslims. Same with Buddhists. Same with most long-established religions. Stop getting all your material exclusively from Islamophobes. Or actually talk to muslims instead of listening to crap about them. contradictory. So you have to choose some p
coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 01:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Stop getting all your material exclusively from Islamophobes.

My material comes from the Islamic holy literature itself. Were those who wrote the Hadith Islamophobes? Do you even know what the Hadith is? I doubt it.
Quote:
Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Quote:
Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Quote:
Jihad is a holy duty made obligatory upon all Muslims by Allah, the Almighty. The Muslims should defend themselves if being attacked in order to preserve their faith, spread Islam, and stand against tyrants and oppressors. Allah made jihad obligatory, in all its forms, whether it is the jihad of society or self, speaking a word for the sake of preserving Islamic call Da'wah, or defending the sanctuaries of the Muslim nation. Jihad is considered among the best forms of worship with Allah, the Most High.[/quote]
https://www.al-islam.org/muslim-society/jihad-holy-struggle-obligatory-duty

Debunk any of that, I'll wait.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 01:31 pm
@coldjoint,
Matthew 10.

Verse 34: "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send [or bring] peace, but a sword."
That was changed in later translation: gladium ("sword") became gaudium ("joy").

Verse 38: "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me."
That was interpreted later differently, but was, however, also one of the reasons that the Constantinian shift turned Christianity from a persecuted into a persecuting religion.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 01:31 pm
@coldjoint,
You get the same contradictory crap that you'r e commanded to follow from the bible. it dall depends on what parts you choose to follow and what you don't, because you can't do it all at the same time. Because it's full of contradictions.As in the Bible, so with the Koran and the centuries of exegesis. A billion Muslims don't make the same coices of which parts to follow and act on as the jihadis do. TheIslamophobic argument is flawed..
coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 01:38 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
No cigar Walter. I see nothing about killing unbelievers which was MJ's claim.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 01:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
You get the same contradictory crap that you'r e commanded to follow from the bible.

Prove it. I just proved what I said.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 01:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
We wouldn't be Christians here, if Charlemagne hadn't issued the legal code "Capitulatio de partibus Saxoniae".

Quote:
8. If any one of the race of the Saxons hereafter concealed among them shall have wished to hide himself unbaptised, and shall have scorned to come to baptism and shall have wished to remain a pagan, let him be punished by death

Original: Si quis deinceps in gente Saxonorum inter eos latens non baptisatus se abscondere voluerit et ad baptismum venire contempserit paganusque permanere voluerit, morte moriatur.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 01:41 pm
@coldjoint,
That's how the heretic canaanites took over the land that became Israel. They followed their god's violent commands.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 01:44 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
if Charlemagne hadn't issued the legal code "

Charlemagne was a man. His interpretation is not what the Bible says. He used religion for political reasons. There is still nothing in the NT that says to kill non-believers. You lose Walter, please take it like a man.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 01:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
They followed their god's violent commands.

The violence ended in the OT after the people God wanted killed were killed.
Quote:
Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, most verses of violence in the Quran are open-ended, meaning that they are not necessarily restrained by historical context contained in the surrounding text (although many Muslims choose to think of them that way). They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subject to interpretation as anything else in the Quran.

https://thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 01:52 pm
@coldjoint,
and yIs the OT most of the bible? Isn't that what you believe too? You will noktice that your holy book contains several very differenty mutually incompatible things, which you are supposed to follow. That ;is precisely y point. You can't fo everything the bible tells you to do simultaneously, because they are mutuallyhttps://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Royal+Canadian+Mounted+Police+Car&FORM=IDINTSnd reject others. Same with Muslims. Same with Buddhists. Same with most long-established religions. Stop getting all your material exclusively from Islamophobes. Or actually talk to muslims instead of listening to crap about them. contradictory. So you have to choose some puch be death on cheeseburgers if they had been around three th strictures in the bible are the same way. They aren't suggestions. They are orders. And they're part of your holy book. Do you not eat pork or shellfish because the bible ordrs you nokt to? If I remember my Leviticus god would p
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 02:04 pm
@coldjoint,
The OT is still ppart of the bible. for the religious right who have inordinate influence in America tofay, every word of the bible is lterally true and operative. Every word. So you're still obligated to smite unbelievers. Do you eat pork or shellfish? Then you're violating god'sd orders. they're not suggestions, they're orders. And if I remember Leviticus, god would forbid cheeseburgers if they had them three rthousand years ago. Which would mean it's obligatory for Christians to smite Donald trump..It's your bible,you'd better follow its word. It's all in the choices.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 02:07 pm
@coldjoint,
Seems, you missed the first part in that quoted post.
Walter Hinteler wrote:
We wouldn't be Christians here, if Charlemagne hadn't issued the legal code "Capitulatio de partibus Saxoniae".

coldjoint wrote:
He used religion for political reasons.

No, but Christianity. Like others, even today.

Karolus magnus et Leo papa is famous under the name "Paderborn epic". It's about war against non-believers - here: the conversion of the Saxons - and praises terror as a means to an end: "What the contrary mind and perverse soul refuse to do with persuasion / Let them leap to accomplish when compelled by fear". (Quod mens laeva vetat suadendo animusque sinister / Hoc saltim cupiant implere timore coacti).

coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 02:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
No, but Christianity. Like others, even today.

My point is the Christian doctrine in holy literature, not what some Pope or other leader said. Unlike Islam that plainly says to kill unbelievers. Do you understand that. You should.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 02:37 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
My point is the Christian doctrine in holy literature, not what some Pope said.
Charlemagne's point [I actually don't know what "some Pope said"] was the Christian doctrine of that period as they knew it from the "holy literature".
coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 02:39 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
as they knew it

Bingo. That has nothing to do with what the doctrine actually says.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 02:45 pm
@coldjoint,
Well, you obviously have the advantage to know Greek and Latin better than people in early Middle Ages.
revelette3

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 02:57 pm
@MontereyJack,
Though there is some debate, God told Peter to eat the meat, that God has cleaned all meat. (some words to that effect, would have to look it up to get an exact quote)

Also in Hebrews, the whole chapter is about how the old was a shadow of what was to come, and that now we are under Jesus Christ.

Just saying. Don't know what led up to this. I agree with Buttigieg in any event, the Republican right doesn't own Christianity or religion. I also agree with Jesus when he said, "render unto Ceasar the things that are Ceasar and the things that are God's to God"
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 02:58 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
people in early Middle Ages.

The Bible was not written in the Middle Ages. Your knowledge of Greek and Latin means **** in this argument. Again, you lose.
revelette3

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 03:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Well, also when Peter drew his sword, Jesus told him to put it back.

I think those verses are metaphors. It is possible some of the Muslim quotes are metaphors as well.