Male and Female bonding

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 11:03 am
How do males and females bond with each other?

These are things I read online:

I heard that generally, women are even more social than men are. After something bad happens, a woman quickly rushes to talk to all of her female friends to get support, whereas a male can isolate himself and grief alone.

I also heard that women tend to be more emotional and caring and empathic and compassionate and affectionate and outward than men are, and thus bond more with other women in a special way that they can’t with men. Men, on the other hand, are not that emotional, and thus can’t bond with other men in a special way.

I also heard that women are more comfortable being around with other women than they are with men. They have a type of bond that usually men with women won’t really have, or with men and men.

I also heard that women are very unique creatures, and women feel a lot safer in general with other women than they do with men if either is alone with each other, and it is easier for women to trust other women more than it is to trust a man.

I also heard that women are very sociable with each other, so if something goes wrong, they like to speak about it to each other. This is a way to develop trust among women. Women often relate their problems with other women, which makes them feel more connected in a way.

I also heard that most daughters have a very strong bond with their mothers, while they don’t have one with their father. And that most sons don’t have that strong of a bond with neither their mother nor their father.

I also heard that most females have a very strong bond with their sisters, while they don’t have one with their brothers. And that most males don’t have that strong of a bond with neither their sisters nor their brothers.

I also heard that the bond that two females have with each other is the strongest bond of them all, and that's one of the reasons why sayings like “girls always have to stick together” exist. I heard that the thing is women can build incredible friendships and become very close to each other in a way men can't bond. Science shows that women can bond well (in a lot of ways).

And I also heard that the friendship of males and females can hardly be as good as a female to a female relationship from a woman’s point of view.

So if those things are true (which I am not sure at all), then how can a man and woman have a special strong type of bond with each other if women have a special strong type of bond with each other while men don’t have one with each other?

Also, men and women are both mentally and physically different from each other (which is true), but would that at all effect the bonding between a male and female?

jespah

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 11:50 am
@RedHotBlueCold,
Please don't believe all the horseshit you see online.

Men and women (males and females make them sound like specimens in a science lab) are, surprise, members of the same species. The differences you've outlined are mainly learned behavior, when they exist at all. Sex roles are not destiny. Hell, it used to be sex roles were men worked and women stayed home. Economics destroyed that sex role. It was hardly immutable, and neither are any of the other behaviors you've described.

Much of the woman-to-woman bonding, BTW, could be in direct response to the difficulties we face in life, e. g. often having to take safety into consideration more than men do, being pushed into marriage and childbearing, etc.

How can men and women have friendships? Cripes, men and women have had friendships for millennia. It's not all about sex when it comes to men and women and friendships.

And, BTW, men can have deep, intimate friendships in direct contradiction to what you've laid out here. Women can have superficial friendships. Men can be social. Women can be introverted.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2020 07:29 am
@RedHotBlueCold,
Yeah, ive read all that ' men are from mars, women are from heaven' horseshit too.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2020 07:38 am
@RedHotBlueCold,
Quote:
I also heard that women are very unique creatures,

Love this quote - "creatures" really?

Women being unique creatures - hmm - all of human kind is unique as in individuals men and women as individuals are unique - but women as a group are unique - sounds weird to me. It is like you are lumping all women together and in a sense by definition would not be unique.

I honestly did not answer this earlier because it was so - for lack of a better term - stupid, dumb - I really could not comment on it.

I am guessing you do not know or have much experience with many women.
chai2

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2020 08:02 am
@Linkat,
Really Linkat?

I was under the impression this was a woman asking. Laughing
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 06:04 am
@RedHotBlueCold,
Hell hath no fury..
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 07:55 pm
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6c/NH3-BF3-adduct-bond-lengthening-2D.png/220px-NH3-BF3-adduct-bond-lengthening-2D.png
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 10:50 pm
In the Navaho tribes if a boy likes a girl he might give her a fish that he caught. If she likes him she might cook it and give it back. Thousands of Navahos got married and raised families with no more experience than that.

The most important factor is growing up in a family where you can see how a mommy and a daddy treat each other.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 07:33 am
@Jewels Vern,
Quote:
In the Navaho tribes if a boy likes a girl he might give her a fish that he caught. If she likes him she might cook it and give it back.

Let me try that on Tinder.
chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 08:32 am
@Olivier5,
I like grouper and halibut.

Don't ever offer a girl a Fugu.

Olivier5

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 08:54 am
@chai2,
Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Give a Navaho woman a fish and she will feed you for a lifetime.
-- Lao Tse
chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 01:50 pm
@Olivier5,
Give a Navaho woman a man with a fish and she'll say "WTF is this?"
roger

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 02:23 pm
@chai2,
Aw, c'mon, chai. I live 20 miles from the Big Rez and worked there with Navajos for over six years. Everybody knows the rez is crawling with fish. Their river sometimes even has water. Actually, with over 25,000 sq miles, they might even have more than one river.
chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 04:19 pm
@roger,
No, read it again.

Give her a Man with a fish.

She's not gonna get trapped gutting and cleaning that thing. (the fish, not the man)

WTF is this as in "ain't nobody got time for this, cook your own damn fish"
chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 04:21 pm
@chai2,
What does a navajo woman make for dinner?

Reservations.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2020 06:39 am
@chai2,
Yeah, but only after she wakes up to the bs society brainwashed her (and him) with.
0 Replies

RedHotBlueCold

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2020 05:29 pm
@RedHotBlueCold,
I also read on the internet that women tend to also be more loyal, more sympathetic, more sensitive, more kind hearted, more peaceful, more calmer, more gentle, and more expressive than men are.

But I am not sure if those are true or not (like with everything else I wrote). These are just stuff that I read on the internet.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 01:36 am
@RedHotBlueCold,
In real life, women tend to be assholes, just like anybody else.
0 Replies

RedHotBlueCold

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 08:30 pm
@RedHotBlueCold,
Also, I heard that most women like to do affectionate things with their female friends like cuddling with them, while most men would never do affectionate things with their male friends (especially not cuddling with them). Men are usually much lonelier than women. Men don't often talk about their personal problems with their male friends like how women do with their female friends.
RedHotBlueCold

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 08:53 pm
@RedHotBlueCold,
And also, I heard that women tend to be a lot more nurturing than men are.