Clinging to the Fringes Cafe - Oz Drop In Centre.

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:26 am
I have no idea if this will take off, or not - but we Ozzians here are a smallish community, and I, for one, often want to ask people a bit about themselves or how they are, if I already knowe them well, or chat and such.

That is rude on normal threads - so, if anyone wants it, here is a fabulous cafe - with good coffee, adult beverages, nibbles, comfortable chairs, some music - and, of course, a sea view.

All welcome for a chat and a catch up - not just Australians, either!

What'll you have?

( Please don't post proper questions about Australia here - you have a far better chance of getting answers on a thread dedicated to your query, and others will be able to benefit, too!)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 26,393 • Replies: 569

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:27 am
Here's me.

. Recovering slowly from that damned infected spider bite some of you know about.

. Not sure whether to take a new job I am not sure if I have.

. Need to go out for a walk in a minute.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:44 am
Coffee? Did you offer coffee & talk, Deb? Count me in! Very Happy
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:48 am
Where are you dlowan? I'm in Brizzie, all by myself...

msolga whats the go with the winter weather in melbourne right now? (Can I just ask, are you a greens supporter or member at all?)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:54 am
I'm doing a quick mental tally of the Ozzians here:

Apart from our good selves, Deb, there is:

margo

goodfielder

Mr stillwater

oddsocks

pragmatic

Adrian (who I haven't seen nearly as much of, of late) Sad

hinge (whose political comments I really miss a lot. Sad )

... there are others, I KNOW, but unfortunately a long, Sunday lunch with generous amounts of vino has dulled my memory. Embarrassed

Do you think they should all be invited for a coffee here, Deb?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:54 am
Coffee coming up, Msolga.

I am in Adelaide, Pragmatic - but me fella is in Brisbane, so I hear about it a lot.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:58 am
Hmmm - Moony is popping in a bit - we could PM 'em - but they may find their ways here, too.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:00 am
Repeat post deleted.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:02 am
Yes - I can see from many of your posts that you are very supportive of the Greens. I can't say I support them 100% (more a Labour Party person) but hey, anyone is better than Johnny Howard - I concede that!! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:05 am
msolga wrote:
Repeat post deleted.

Lol - dunno what happened - but your post is gone - I popped back in my browser, and hey presto! There it was!

pragmatic wrote:
Where are you dlowan? I'm in Brizzie, all by myself...

msolga whats the go with the winter weather in melbourne right now? (Can I just ask, are you a greens supporter or member at all?)

A beautiful, sunny weekend here, pragmatic! (But of course, there's the drought, so I should be sombre about this! (Pulls suitably serious face. )

I don't belong to any political party at all, pragmatic. Never have. But I'm very sympathetic to the Greens' agenda & think Bob Brown is terrific. I respect him enormously. Always have.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:09 am
I so desperately LONG to be a Labor Party supporter, prag. (May I call you prag? Very Happy ) That's where my leanings lean! Laughing But hey, they'd better get their act together, that's all I can say! It's SO important that they do! Fingers crossed.
(BTW, I've handed out Labor "how to vote" cards at many an election in the past. A fellow traveller, you might say. Very Happy )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:11 am
dlowan wrote:
Here's me.

. Recovering slowly from that damned infected spider bite some of you know about.

. Not sure whether to take a new job I am not sure if I have.

. Need to go out for a walk in a minute.

Talk, Deb, talk! Some feedback might be good! Very Happy
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:11 am
prag is fine, msolga. And in regards to the state of the labour party - I agree, they have hit rock bottom and are digging now. Pity that Kevin Rudd has to be part of all this - he is my favourite politician.

Do you agree with their stance on gay marriages? (You know how they backed the coalitions legislation forbidding gay marriage.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:20 am
I honestly don't know all the details of Labor's policy on gay marriage, prag. But my own, personal view is if they want to marry, then why on earth not? I think Labor worries far too much about electorate backlash to anything that might seem vaguely controversial these days. A huge pity, as the electorate (I think) is looking for a moral alternative to Howard & the Libs.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:41 am
I think Deb would like us to talk a little about ourselves here. (yes, Deb? Question )

So OK!

Me:
I'm working regularly again after some on & off periods brought on by ... well, I guess personal trauma, actually. Ugh, bad times! Relationships & their aftermath & all that Mad ... But hey, the worst is finally over. Surprised Very Happy A lot more contentment & lack of angst. What a blessed relief.
I am feeling much stronger in myself, than something like a year ago. The best thing is FINALLY understanding that really, you are responsible for yourself in this life, no matter what your circumstances are. This is an extremely useful thing to understand! Life is not too bad at all, I'm pleased to say! Very Happy
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:48 am
I just went through my university to find a bathroom as the closest ones to the law faculty were locked (as it was after 6pm). And as I was walking through the dark outside, I saw a possum - it was so cute, but I think the darkness really got me in a very very pensive almost sad mood. Its cold and it was lonely, no lights at all. It had me thinking about a certain special guy whose now not in Australia at the moment...and will probably never come back again...

Yeah, so I'm still at uni and I have 1 and half years to go before I graduate...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:58 am
May i please have a large coffee and some unwarranted pity? The self-pity is hard to maintain over extended periods of time.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:59 am
Ok, here's a chunk of pity from me to you

and here is your coffee, with a big Very Happy

Have a good day, sir!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 03:18 am
Setanta wrote:
May i please have a large coffee and some unwarranted pity? The self-pity is hard to maintain over extended periods of time.

But Why, why, why? Confused

And do we take your participation in this thread as an indication that you are thinking of migrating to Oz? (Now there's a thought! Very Happy )
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 03:19 am
Ohhh...it would be so interesting to have him here...Oz would be a very active and fun place to be, not that it isn't already. :wink:
0 Replies