Complete Cognitive Dissonance

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 09:05 am
FreeDuck wrote:
The point of the memo was to say that torture could be legal because we don't have to afford terrorism suspects with the protection of our laws. Voila, torture is legal. We don't bring them onto US soil because then we couldn't torture them.

We kidnap people in foreign countries and send them to other countries where we or they can torture them. These people are often innocent. We torture. We always have (just take a little tour around South America and see what we've done in the name of the War on Drugs). We even set up a school to teach others how to torture. http://www.alternet.org/rights/19313/ As long as we continue doing this we fail to promote democracy and freedom around the world. In fact, we stand in its way.

Eventually, the evidence will pile so high that even you will be unable to avoid the conclusion.

I do not believe that to be the point of the memo at all.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 09:09 am
That's because you are willfully ignoring reality, McG.

That is exactly the point of the memo; it was intended to inform those higher up that they could use the methods they wished to use without getting in trouble, as long as they don't do it in America.

Wake up!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:19 am
McGentrix wrote:
I do not believe that to be the point of the memo at all.

No-one can force you to believe what you don't believe. Personally, I don't believe that chocolate turds fall from the sky. But if I saw them piling up the way evidence in this case has, I'd have to reconsider.
0 Replies