Son having trouble peeing ?

Nicolew

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 08:25 am
Last month my 11 y/o son was taking a very long time in the bathroom. Jokingly when I walked by I yelled out “is everything alright in there?” To my shock he said no. When he came out he admitted he has been having trouble peeing recently and when he does it doesn’t all come out.

I asked him if he had any other symptoms of a UTI and he said no. He wanted me to watch him so I did. Like he said it was only a trickle coming out and it took forever. He had to pull on his penis to get it out. One thing I noticed that concerned me is his penis is extremely long. I’m wondering if it’s causing the pee to get stuck. It sounds ridiculous but based on how he had to straighten out his penis before he was able to pee it looks as if that’s what’s happening. I haven’t told him because I don’t want to freak him out but if that’s the case I have no idea what to do.

PUNKEY

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 08:32 am
@Nicolew,
Get him to his Dr. (preferably a male)

You are not qualified to figure this out, and neither are we.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 04:51 pm
@Nicolew,
Th kid needs the eprt care of a urologist. If you guys let it continue so that he cant fully empty his bldder, thats bad. Ill bet hes in pain and , as a kid, doesnt know enough to understand the serious consequences you are ignoring.
Have you family doctor refer you to a urologist whose expertise is kids bladder nd prostate problems. It could be as simple as a urethral wound from a sports accident, to stuff more serious.

I hope youve taken the previous advice and are already at the doctors. This should not be ignored or even seeking advice from we "patients"

0 Replies

mrgrtt123

Wed 11 Dec, 2019 06:33 pm
The best way to find out the reason why he is having difficulty peeing is by consulting a doctor. Also, tell your son to drink more water.
0 Replies

daniaugustine

Thu 16 Jan, 2020 03:17 pm
@Nicolew,
Did you take him to a nephrologist? If so, what did the doctor say?
0 Replies