Metros vs. Retros: The Leo Burnett 2005 Man StudyLink to the Study
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 692 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dora17

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2005 08:38 pm
well, dammit, I still can't figure out my boyfriend...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2005 08:39 pm
Me, i live by the sage advice handed down to me by my canny grandfather . . . don't upset the womenfolk. One need know nothing more.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 10:52 pm
I be liking your grandfather very much, Setanta. :wink:
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 07:47 am
Re: Now online: Men--Attitudes and Values
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Metros vs. Retros: The Leo Burnett 2005 Man Study

I personally look forward to the day when we can all just be people. Of course I am also awaiting the next hip slangy term that Madison Avenue shmucklets come up with for the masculine gay man. Not totally masculine in every way shape and form but enough so that the majority of people have no idea that I am. That's right folks a gay sports loving, axe wielding, gay man who doesn't visit hair dressers or stylists but I do have a bottle of hairspray for those breezy days when I need to look good for an appointment but still enjoys hunting and yet enjoys cooking a nice meal but enjoys wearing sweatwhirts and denims during the day while being comforted in flannel sheets at night. I like drinking beverages from glass as opposed to plastic but am equally at home drinking out of a bottle. I prefer Wedgewood china over paper plates but plastic utensils over silver. What category do I fall under?

Aside from that I find the term Retrosexual to be a little meanspirited. Makes it sound like men who cling to certain values or are more focussed on life, work and the such are bad people. I need to do more research on this one.
0 Replies