Help me propose marriage using an online "Treasure Hunt"

ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:26 pm
I was thinking about this when I was out with the dogs (always a good thinking time).

I sort of imagine a <open this box and find a key> <use the key to open a door> <through the door is a set of directions> <the directions take you to the fella that loves ya> <the guy proposes> scenario - with the box/key/door/directions being found online.

I simply can't fathom this as emotional game-playing, as some other posters seem to read it.

The basic scenario (without the online/virtual component) is such a standard in marriage proposals ... open your front door, follow the trail of rose petals to the kitchen, find a bottle of champagne with two glasses on the counter, there is a piece of paper around the neck of the bottle which directs you to the bathroom where there is a bouquet of X flowers, on the flowers is a card leading you to X spot, where the hopeful groom-to-be is waiting.

It's actually a bit old-school. In a sweet way.

<sweet as long as he doesn't have all of your friends and family waiting behind the shrubbery when he's going to propose>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:31 pm
Well, people enjoy that or they don't, by computer or trail by other means. I don't think it is all so age dependent.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 09:08 pm
Exactly, osso! If walt's fiancee-to-be enjoys this sort of thing and also enjoys certain sites, I think it could be a lot of fun for her!

All in all, I think it's a unique and creative idea. I agree with Beth & Brooke. Go for it, walt! And above all...let us know what she says!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 12:05 pm
I hope I'll be able to congratulate you, Walt, and send best wishes to your fiancee.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 07:14 pm
Me too, and sorry for the sharp wording re my own reaction.
0 Replies