The war is over.....we won

revel

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:08 am
I wondered what got the thread pulled, I stupidly thought it was rayban1 use of the word demokkkrat.

Quote:
As per the membership agreement, it is a given that flaming, rude comments, and personal attacks are not acceptable here. Intellectually vacuous and snide slanders such as 'DemoRats' or 'REPUGlicans' (or local variants if you live elsewhere than the US) are completely unwelcome. But, actually, we ask more of you than those obvious and fundamental rules.

Surely demokkkrat would be in the same category as demorats? This is in effect calling democrats KKK members, isn't it? (which is silly given that there are an awful lot of African Americans democrats) nevertheless, what good are the rules if they are not enforced?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:34 am
You're probably right, Revel - on both counts, that it got the thread locked and that stuff like that should be pulled. Though a search for demokkkrat* will show you it's a Gunga specialty that's made dozens of appearances ...

Childishly though, I teeheed at this:

Quote:
vacuous and snide slanders such as 'DemoRats' or 'REPUGlicans' (or local variants if you live elsewhere than the US)

Hhmmm ... I should try that out some time and see if anyone notices Mr. Green
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 07:35 am
When did all those twisted phrases creep into the American public discourse?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 07:37 am
2000 - 2001?

Something to do with the "I'm a uniter" claim.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 10:36 am
squinney wrote:
2000 - 2001?

Something to do with the "I'm a uniter" claim.

Wrong.......it had more to do with the rise and FALL OF MICHAEL MOORE AND MOVE ON . ORG. Moore and the fanatical left on the internet took uncivil discourse to a new level of nastiness.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 10:50 am
Your memory must be blocked, Ray. Don't you remember the DemoRATS "subliminable" commercial?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 11:27 am
squinney wrote:
Your memory must be blocked, Ray. Don't you remember the DemoRATS "subliminable" commercial?

Laughing It didn't register with me but it must have really "rung your bell. Was it before or after the release of Moore's miscreant mixture of half truths, innuendo and outright lies.

BTW......you might want to take a look at this analysis of Rove's latest comments and compare it with the comments of your "Loose cannon" Howard Dean. You might then begin to understand why the Liberals are sinking into their own quagmire of slime while the administration is winning the war of words.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/25/AR2005062501279.html
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 11:59 am
Here's another example of how we're winning that pesky war over there.

At least 670 Iraqis, 77 Americans killed last month, officials say

Updated: 9:53 a.m. ET June 1, 2005

BAGHDAD, Iraq - New statistics show that a spike in militants attacks in May took a bloody toll on ordinary Iraqis and U.S. soldiers alike, with nearly 200 more Iraqis killed last month than in April and the highest American military death toll since January.

Figures released by the Iraqi government on Wednesday show that at least 670 Iraqis were killed in May. That compared to 485 who were killed in April.

Among them were 434 civilians, up from 299 killed in April, according to Health Ministry figures. Some 775 civilians were also wounded last month, compared with 598 in April.

Police were also severely targeted, with 151 killed in May compared with 86 in April. At least 325 policemen were also wounded, compared with 131 in April, the Interior Ministry said.

Some 297 insurgents were also killed in May, an almost 400 percent increase on the 60 militants killed in April, according to statistics obtained by The Associated Press from the interior, defense and health ministries.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8050339/

So, according to this, there were 297 insurgents killed.

If you subtract the 434 civilians from 670 (total number of Iraqis killed), you get 236 non-civilian Iraqi deaths. Then we add the 77 American deaths to that...that's 313 total people killed who are actually fighting on our side.

313 of us dead. 297 of them dead.

Yeah, we're really kicking their asses, aren't we?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:39 pm
Kickycan

Another way of looking at your statistics is.......there are 297 bad guys who WON'T be coming across the Mexican border. The cost of allowing liberals like Ted Kennedy to insult our troops and the C in C is very high indeed. There are millions of white crosses which have given Kennedy the freedom to be traitorous.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:44 pm
rayban1 wrote:
Kickycan

Another way of looking at your statistics is.......there are 297 bad guys who WON'T be coming across the Mexican border.

Holy Smokes!!! is that where Mexico is? I always thought it was south of Texas,
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:58 pm
This is an interesting development

Report: U.S. Secretly Met With Insurgents

LONDON (AP) - U.S. officials held secret talks in Iraq with the commanders of several Iraqi insurgent groups recently in an attempt to open a dialogue with them, a British newspaper reported Sunday……

The commanders ``apparently came face to face'' with four American officials during meetings on June 3 and June 13 at a summer villa near Balad, about 25 miles north of Baghdad, the Iraqi capital, according to The Sunday Times……

One of the Americans at the talks introduced himself as a Pentagon representative and declared himself ready to ``find ways of stopping the bloodshed on both sides and to listen to demands and grievances,'' The Sunday Times said.

Link to source
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:17 pm
Yeah......I heard this RUMOUR yesterday or the day before but as yet no facts.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:46 pm
http://www.bartcop.com/lied-letters.gif
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 03:45 pm
Do you use crap like this in your EXCLUSIVE debate room???????? I suggest you go back there.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 04:22 pm
One more time, in case someone missed it, the death toll in May in Iraq.

313 of us dead. 297 of them dead.

Is that victory? Hmmmm...if so, then I guess that means the Yankees won the World Series last year!!! Woohoooooo! Partytime!!! Mission accomplished!!!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 04:33 pm
rayban1 wrote:
Do you use crap like this in your EXCLUSIVE debate room???????? I suggest you go back there.

No thanks; I kinda like it right where I am ...

http://www.allhatnocattle.net/tol6235.jpg
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 04:37 pm
You're just not ready for "Prime Time"
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 04:45 pm
One more time, According to the London Sunday Times the US is tying to negotiate a settlement. Looks like somebody finally got Bush's attention.

Report: U.S. Secretly Met With Insurgents

Link to source
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 04:45 pm
rayban1 wrote:
You're just not ready for "Prime Time"

Ouch.

http://www.allhatnocattle.net/englehart6235.jpg
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 04:47 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
One more time, According to the London Sunday Times the US is tying to negotiate a settlement.

Aqui, don't you know that rayban has already pronounced that a "rumour"?
0 Replies