Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:02 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,770 • Replies: 82
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:08 pm
If the war is over why are we still there? oh, I see you didn't really mean the war is over, what you meant was "not everyone sees the same chaos that "liberals" see. and used that to create your own spin to happy-land. Well, happy trails to you as well and don't let the continued violence in Iraq get you down. Prosperity is just around the corner, I'm sure.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:20 pm
dyslexia wrote:
If the war is over why are we still there? oh, I see you didn't really mean the war is over, what you meant was "not everyone sees the same chaos that "liberals" see. and used that to create your own spin to happy-land. Well, happy trails to you as well and don't let the continued violence in Iraq get you down. Prosperity is just around the corner, I'm sure.

Even you can't spoil my day after reading what Zinsmeister wrote......just think Dys, you may not be able to get your rocks off because there won't be any more front page stuff in the NYTimes which chortles about the carnage in Iraq..............Hahahaha.........I hope I spoiled your day.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:25 pm
You calling me a geologist? You need to read the TOS. btw can we readers assume this post of yours is about the Korean Police Action? I have noted that "war" was over, we won, and the people of Iraq are breathing easier because of it. In your world, rayban, is Nancy Reagan still president of the USA?
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:30 pm
Al Qaeda in Iraq is NOT a mere policing problem best left to the Iraqis.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:38 pm
dyslexia wrote:
You calling me a geologist? You need to read the TOS. btw can we readers assume this post of yours is about the Korean Police Action? I have noted that "war" was over, we won, and the people of Iraq are breathing easier because of it. In your world, rayban, is Nancy Reagan still president of the USA?

Laughing You might want to consider hiring a new script writer........the one you've got is either on halucinogins or has emotional stability problems. Either way you have a credibility problem due to weird disconnected wording in your responses.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:43 pm
Isn't this old news?

http://www.takebackthemedia.com/images/bushlies.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:57 pm
rayban1 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Laughing You might want to consider hiring a new script writer........the one you've got is either on halucinogins or has emotional stability problems. Either way you have a credibility problem due to weird disconnected wording in your responses.

I can't afford a script writer so I have to take the halucinogins in my treatment program for my emotional stability problems. You still running that amway scam or have to moved up to mary kay? I love those pink caddy's that you guys and gals get to drive, very motivating i bet.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 04:04 pm
I have a niece who works for USAID and she spent much of the spring in northern Iraq. She was supposed to leave May 1 but could not because of heavy fighting in the area. She was evacuated on May 18th but because it was considered too dangerous to fly she was taken overland to Turkey. None of this fighting appeared in the American media. I suppose it was considered just a local scrum.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 04:09 pm
dyslexia wrote:
rayban1 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

I can't afford a script writer so I have to take the halucinogins in my treatment program for my emotional stability problems. You still running that amway scam or have to moved up to mary kay? I love those pink caddy's that you guys and gals get to drive, very motivating i bet.

Hey easy on those halucinogins.......you're weaving from side to side. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 04:14 pm
of course I am, I'm dealing with the ghosts of Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Spiro Agnew and the clone of Tom Delay here and I have to rely on rope-a-dope while moving at the speed of molassas to avoid your lightning quick jabs.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 04:26 pm
dyslexia wrote:
of course I am, I'm dealing with the ghosts of Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Spiro Agnew and the clone of Tom Delay here and I have to rely on rope-a-dope while moving at the speed of molassas to avoid your lightning quick jabs.

Yeah I've noticed how slow you're moving.........you get hit pretty often Laughing
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 12:02 am
The war's over? Does that mean the prison camps can be emptied now?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 12:12 am
Surely we can bring all the troops home, scrap the Unpatriotic Act, shut down the torture centers . . . er, prison camps and allow the kidnapped Guardsmen and Reservists return to normal lives.

Any minute now . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 05:21 am
Hooray! Our prime minister will no doubt soon announce that Oz troops are about to return home from Iraq! Very Happy God bless Karl Zinsmeister for revealing the good news! (um ... just what IS American Enterprise? Confused )
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 05:34 am
The American Enterprise Institute is a conservative "think" tank, as the expression goes--i.e., a propaganda factory.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 05:47 am
Now why did I sort of already know that, Setanta? Laughing Thanks for confirming my hunch.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 05:57 am
That's not the War on Terrorism, right? Cant be with Al-Qaeda's number 1 and 2 still walking free in good health and sending out video messages ...

Oh, its the War on Weapons of Mass Destruction! I was wondering how that one was going ...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 06:09 am
In a parallel thread, it doesn't sound like we have won much at all in terms of that War on Terrorism:

CIA report: "Iraq is now a terrorist training ground"

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The CIA believes the Iraq insurgency poses an international threat and may produce better-trained Islamic terrorists than the 1980s Afghanistan war that gave rise to Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda, a U.S. counterterrorism official said on Wednesday.

A classified report from the U.S. spy agency says Iraqi and foreign fighters are developing a broad range of deadly skills, from car bombings and assassinations to tightly coordinated conventional attacks on police and military targets, the official said.

Once the insurgency ends, Islamic militants are likely to disperse as highly organized battle-hardened combatants capable of operating throughout the Arab-speaking world and in other regions including Europe.

[..] But the May report, which has been widely circulated in the intelligence community, also cites a potential threat to the United States.

"You have people coming to the action with anti-U.S. sentiment ... And since they're Iraqi or foreign Arabs or to some degree Kurds, they have more communities they can blend into outside Iraq," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to the report's classified status.

Iraq has become a magnet for Islamic militants similar to Soviet-occupied Afghanistan two decades ago and Bosnia in the 1990s, U.S. officials say.

[..] President Bush justified the invasion of Iraq in part by charging that Saddam Hussein was supporting al Qaeda. A top U.S. inquiry later found no collaboration between prewar Iraq and the bin Laden network.

But since the invasion, Jordanian-born militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has emerged as a key insurgent figure and pledged his allegiance to bin Laden.

While the Afghan war against the Soviets was largely fought on a rural battlefield, the CIA report said Iraq is providing extremists with more comprehensive skills including training in operations devised for populated urban areas.

"You have everything from bombings and assassinations to more or less conventional attacks," the counterterrorism official said.

"The urban warfare experience, for people facing fairly tight police and military activity at close quarters, should enable them to operate in a wider range of settings."

CIA Director Porter Goss first described the insurgency in Iraq as an emerging international threat in February during testimony before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. [..]
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 06:28 am
I wonder if the CIA is next on the list for attack from the white house and white house fans?

ebrown, liked that.
0 Replies