The war is over.....we won

rayban1

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:15 am
goodfielder wrote:
But...but....but....how can it be the Real World? It's always yesterday there! Very Happy

That's because ALL news originates here and you guys only comment.......a day late and a dollar short :wink: How does it feel to only be observers?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:17 am
I'd like to say "touche" - but that would be wrong :wink:
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:20 am
Setanta wrote:
Heeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

pity the child that tries to cuddle that bear . . .

That's OK........my grandchildren love me and they will confirm my Cuddly Bear status. :wink:
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:45 am
rayban1 wrote:
msolga wrote:
There there, rayban ...Very Happy
That article is such an obvious beat-up. How else are we to react?

How the hell would you know? Like Dlowan, you are so far from the real world anything you say would not have any relevance to any current event.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/06/23/national/w012147D09.DTL

Quote:
Congressional Democrats are demanding answers about the future presence of U.S. troops in Iraq as Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld heads to Capitol Hill to testify on progress in training Iraq's own security forces.

The Bush administration contends Iraqis must be able to defend their own country against a lethal insurgency before a timeline for bringing home troops can be considered.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 09:02 am
revel wrote:
rayban1 wrote:
msolga wrote:

How the hell would you know? Like Dlowan, you are so far from the real world anything you say would not have any relevance to any current event.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/06/23/national/w012147D09.DTL

Quote:
Congressional Democrats are demanding answers about the future presence of U.S. troops in Iraq as Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld heads to Capitol Hill to testify on progress in training Iraq's own security forces.

The Bush administration contends Iraqis must be able to defend their own country against a lethal insurgency before a timeline for bringing home troops can be considered.

Yeah.....I know....confusing ain't it? Everyone seems to get mixed up on the exact terminology....everybody but me and Bin Laden :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 09:03 am
rayban1 wrote:
goodfielder wrote:
But...but....but....how can it be the Real World? It's always yesterday there! Very Happy

That's because ALL news originates here and you guys only comment.......a day late and a dollar short :wink: How does it feel to only be observers?

Which is to suggest that you are an actor in these matters?

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

Yer better'n a Laurel and Hardy movie . . .
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 09:19 am
rayban1 wrote:
revel wrote:
rayban1 wrote:
msolga wrote:

Quote:

Yeah.....I know....confusing ain't it? Everyone seems to get mixed up on the exact terminology....everybody but me and Bin Laden :wink:

You missed the point. The point was that Rumsfeld said we couldn't withdraw troops because there is still a lethal insurgency that the Iraqi's are not able to deal with yet. Which means that we ain't won yet and the whole article is bogus.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 09:23 am
Setanta wrote:
rayban1 wrote:
goodfielder wrote:

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

Yer better'n a Laurel and Hardy movie . . .

I'm curious Setanta........do you have a special key that you punch for that ridiculous giggle.......I guess Arnold was right about girlie men.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 09:40 am
Ah, the playground taunt . . . you and your grandchildren must bond well, since what passes for humor and taunt on your part is childish.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:17 am
Set and I are proud members of the AFMWGAAPOI (Association For Men Who Giggle And Are Proud Of It).

Oyoyoyoyoy ... I have plenty of stuff I'd like to post just lying around here, but it involves translating or looking it up or formulating my thoughts and I'm feeling lazy (if I weren't I wouldn't be here), so I'm just scouring around the boards to find if anyone else has posted something, anything of interest ... but its all the same, for four years already ... Iraq Al-Qaeda Bush The Neocons Mission accomplished Iraq CIA Flagburning the War (thats always only the Iraq war, fuhget about any others) Bush WMD Cheney the UN Rumsfeld Rice the Religious Right Evolution the Treacherous French Congress Iraq Fox News Separation of Church and State Al-Jazeera Bush Lies Secret plan to attack Iran Terrorism Anti-American Chirac Gitmo Evil Islamists Bush Iraq Annan (Dont slander our) Army Abu Ghraib Unpatriotic The Liberal Media Iraq Democrats Bush Gloating Hillary 9/11 Creatinism Bush Gay Marriage Iraq Liberals Dean Islam Guantanamo Pentagon Terrorists will have nukes Gloat Loser Evil Pathetic We is Right and You is Not Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh ...

Broooaaddeeenn Yoooouuurr Horiiiiizoooon!!!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:26 am
Now children, it is not nice to laugh at others
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:29 am
nimh wrote:
Set and I are proud members of the AFMWGAAPOI (Association For Men Who Giggle And Are Proud Of It).

Oyoyoyoyoy ... I have plenty of stuff I'd like to post just lying around here, but it involves translating or looking it up or formulating my thoughts and I'm feeling lazy (if I weren't I wouldn't be here), so I'm just scouring around the boards to find if anyone else has posted something, anything of interest ... but its all the same, for four years already ... Iraq Al-Qaeda Bush The Neocons Mission accomplished Iraq CIA Flagburning the War (thats always only the Iraq war, fuhget about any others) Bush WMD Cheney the UN Rumsfeld Rice the Religious Right Evolution the Treacherous French Congress Iraq Fox News Separation of Church and State Al-Jazeera Bush Lies Secret plan to attack Iran Terrorism Anti-American Chirac Gitmo Evil Islamists Bush Iraq Annan (Dont slander our) Army Abu Ghraib Unpatriotic The Liberal Media Iraq Democrats Bush Gloating Hillary 9/11 Creatinism Bush Gay Marriage Iraq Liberals Dean Islam Guantanamo Pentagon Terrorists will have nukes Gloat Loser Evil Pathetic We is Right and You is Not Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh ...

Broooaaddeeenn Yoooouuurr Horiiiiizoooon!!!

Is that a new Billy Joel song?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:29 am
Heh. No, too preachy. Perhaps Bob Dylan?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 12:08 pm
Nimb wrote:
Broooaaddeeenn Yoooouuurr Horiiiiizoooons

Gosh.....I'd love to but the myopic, dogmatic Bush bashing, anti-military vitriol spewed by the Left is very restrictive.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 03:34 am
revel wrote:

You missed the point. The point was that Rumsfeld said we couldn't withdraw troops because there is still a lethal insurgency that the Iraqi's are not able to deal with yet. Which means that we ain't won yet and the whole article is bogus.

The very next post.

rayban1 wrote:

I'm curious Setanta........do you have a special key that you punch for that ridiculous giggle.......I guess Arnold was right about girlie men.

Did Rayban just pull a 180?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 06:54 am
I cant believe I got this thread closed with that one! At least I think I did. Wow.

Rayban, I know exactly how you feel - except that for me, of course, it works exactly the other way round. You would like to leave these subjects alone for a mo' and focus, just this once, on something else - but then one of those darned bastids spews out some of those dogmatic, vitriolistic lies that you just cant, possibly, let stand like that and go unchallenged/unrebutted!

And thats how we keep the merry-go-round going round & round & round ... except I dont see how it makes anyone any happier ... let alone wiser.

And with that thoughts, my dear parisioners, I close today's sermon ... ;-)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 07:20 am
Standing for final hymn.

Organ intro.

Let us break bread together on our knees (on our knees)

Let us break bread together on our knees (on our knees)

When I fall on my knees with my face to the rising sun, oh-oh, Lord have mercy on me.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 07:46 am
Hey when did they stop doing this in Latin?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 07:51 am
If you mean the Cathy-Licks, back in the 1960's after Vatican II . . . The Sequel . . .
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:05 am
Oh...thanks Set. I used to like the Latin versions. Oh well, progress I suppose.
0 Replies