Cafe 101

hiama

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 07:57 am
Little k,

I'll have a nice cocoa with marshmallow on the top please, the waters freezing in the Atlantic. I have to swim back this afternoon for my supper before work tomorrow. I have been on vacation this week with the odd day out and feel refreshed for the work ahead.

Glad to see Lola is feeling better and in LOVE.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 09:13 am
"Springy weather is finally becoming more of the norm. Saw a little green shoot in the yard the other day. Hope springs eternal, pardon the pun. Wassau, cocoas for everyone!"
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 12:46 pm
Stopping by the cafe on her way to work, Lola sits down for a quick lunch and coffee.

"Hey, Wassau," calls Lola.

But no one appears from the kitchen. The cafe is oddly empty and Lola wonders why.
0 Replies

Cheshire

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 01:12 pm
Cheshire sits silently in the corner of the kitchen, his mouth watering for a bite of the little mouse he has trapped between him and the wall.

He notices Wassau, Sal and Prissy, all looking at him in shock and dismay. He hears Lola calling from the front. He smiles.............

And then Maxine the mouse speaks up, "OK, Cheshire, you've got me, now what are you going to do with me?"

As Cheshire contemplates his next action, he hears someone quickly approaching from behind and suddenly the lights go off......
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 09:13 pm
Hey y'all come along and practice your grammar skills.

http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5548&start=10
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 09:29 pm
MEOW!!!!! Betty and Bob, get your flippers away from my eyes!!
Cheshire, very upset by the rude intrusion of Betty and Bob, especially because their flippers were still wet from the pool, delicately licks his fur dry and tries to compose himself, looking nonchalant and aloof.
Maxine is heard squeeking her funny little laugh at the embarrassment of the haughty Cheshire. Hee, hee, hee squeak, hic, hee.
Sal and Prissy try hard not to laugh at Cheshire's discomfiture as he strolls into the front room to see what Lola wants.
Lola, just back from shopping at a ritzy pet shop, has a diamond collar and gourmet cat food all for Cheshire. He looks astounded, pleased and a little confused--doesn't she know that I prefer emeralds? They accent my eyes so well.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 10:05 pm
Cheshire takes his diamond collar and slinks off into his corner to sleep for a while on his satan cushion.

"Betty and Bob will pay for that," he mumbles as he falls off into dreamland.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 07:34 am
CanĀ“t help thinking about this cool satan cushion.Is it evil or just bad-ass?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 04:43 pm
It's bad ass and evil, plus it's all silky too, Hebba. So much for the slip of the keyboard. I'm always giving myself away. Fortunately, in this case, it's no secret.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 06:28 pm
Why is it that this forum title has a familiar ring to it? Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 07:02 pm
Welcome c.i., sit down and have a cup of coffee with some cognac. Sit on the couch by the fire, but your feet up and relax. Anybody want some good music?
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 01:22 pm
Cafe 101
Stradee waves to seal pups and thanks Wassau for power lunch <Stradee on the move again> prepares for a busy work day~

Oh good, there's c.i. ~ "c.i., news from Colorado"! Seems the Air Force Academy replaced the four top ranking officers of the school. All women"

Thought ya might be interested in the outcome of the investigation. Smile
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 02:33 pm
Stradee,

Were the officers replaced by women, or were the officer being replaced all women?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 03:08 pm
according to the news here in colorado 4 ranking officers stepped down and the replacements include 2 women.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 09:02 pm
Sad memories with the discussion of the Air Force Academy. I dated a freshman during a summer I spent with my grandparents in Colorado Springs. He later died of leudemia.

Wassau, champagne please and could someone put on Peggy Lee's, Is That All There Is?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 09:18 pm
Here's to your lost love, Diane. Bottoms up.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 09:26 pm
Thanks Lola. That was a loooong time ago, when the Air Force Academy first opened.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 09:27 pm
we all seem to have strange memories, i was a member of the child protection team in Colorado Springs and had one of the most bizarre child abuse cases at the Air Force Academy.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 09:28 pm
Can you tell, dys?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 09:31 pm
well jeeze it was a really strange case, a high ranking officer. I ended up filing "emotional abuse"- the academy tried to keep it out of local courts but to no avail.
0 Replies