I Think I Am Dying. Ok, I Just WANT To Die....

Lady J

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 12:26 pm
Oh Bella, I am so sorry you are feeling so badly. Sad You really and truly should go home and take care of yourself. Work can get by without you, they always manage somehow.

Clear fluids as soz suggested, Pedialyte is a great source of electrolytes that are flushed out of your system. Once you can keep that down, move on to clear broth, like chicken broth and see how that holds. Next is to introduce a bit of cooked rice or noodles to go with the chicken broth for some solids.

It sounds like food poisoning might be a stretch, but one can never tell for certain.

Just be extra kind to yourself and nurture your body and soul....

Will be sending good healing thoughts your way!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 12:26 pm
Thanks guys...

Heeven, I have had so many intestinal problems usually being sick is a slight inconvenience. But this literally knocked me right off my feet. I have never been this sick in my entire life. Good god...

I've been eating bread, saltines, jello (now solid; before I made it and drank it warm) and oatmeal. Sigh. I am feeling a little better this afternoon, probably because I haven't **** for a while and have some fluids in me.

My boss is not being very sympathetic which leads me to believe i should have just called in this morning. Confused
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 01:30 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
My boss is not being very sympathetic which leads me to believe i should have just called in this morning. Confused

Projectile vomit hitting his shoes will shut him/her up.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 01:39 pm
Bella Dea wrote:

... and should probably do so tomorrow. Get your strength back first. The work will still be waiting for you when you get back or, if your lucky, someone else will do it for you.

Feel better, Bella. And get thee to a dr if the trots don't stop.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 05:21 pm
squinney wrote:
Sounds microbial to me. Maybe not the raw cookie dough (wouldn't want to have to give that up!) Might just be a bug you've picked up. There was a flu going around a couple of years ago in the summer, which went against the winter tradition for flu season.

Definitely see a doc if not better by end of day. You can become dehydrated very quickly!

Yes. I'm thinking along similar lines. I just remembered having a similar ailment on returning from a holiday in Indonesia, years ago. Knocked the stuffing out of me, it did! Shocked My second doctor suspected it could be some obscure (in Oz) microbial bug. (Can't recall the exact details, sorry.) The symptoms reminded him of those he'd suffered while in the army in New Guinea! I'm certain that the condition wouldn't have properly cleared up without the correct drug. Bella Dea, give some serious thought to seeing the doctor again if this lingers. Enough misery already!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 06:43 am
Today is a little better. I actually ate something last night and this morning I am eating watermelon. (yum) I had to sit down for a few mintues this morning while getting ready because I am still a little weak but everything that is going in is coming out at the appropriate time so at least I have that going for me.

I am just taking it easy....I didn't have coffee this morning although I wanted it desperately. And lunch today is probably going to be soup. I think I might make it.... Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 06:47 am
You're on the mend! Good girl, well done! Very Happy
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 06:53 am
glad to hear you have moved back to semi solid food bella. here's to you being a-ok for the weekend!
0 Replies