I Can Spot 'Em a Mile Off

princessmirabella

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 01:49 pm
also... please do reply it helps soo much!! well when i ask for advice it makes me feel so much better knowing that its not the end of the world, and that people who have been throught what i am going through can give me advice! its really great!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:25 pm
Princess Mirabella--

Thanks for the compliments--and welcome to A2K. Questions are just as necessary as opinions on this forum. Start with questions and move on.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 12:32 pm
The thread I mentioned earlier:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54025&highlight=

Note the cliches. Hear the warning bells.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 09:13 pm
I tend to skip the "seeing a married man/married woman" threads anyway, they just frustrate me. The only possible answer to me seems to be "Just stop it!" so I don't have anything to add to the discussion. But you're right Noddy, that did sound exactly like the steamy novels my grandma always had laying around that I'd sneak peeks at as a kid Smile But someone's real life has to inspire those cliches...
0 Replies

Vixen

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 07:51 pm
Cliches, etc.
Dear All,

I just discovered this site a couple of days ago - I usually have very little spare time to browse such sites, much less to post anything, but I was having an issue which I could not discuss with any friends/family, so I was Google-ing and ended up here.

People's skepticism regarding the "married man/woman" situations is interesting to me (since that was the topic of interest for me at the moment) and while it was real for me, I suspect that your skepticism is rooted in experience on sites like this one (which I lack).

As far as the cliches, I just wanted to echo a sentiment that has already been expressed - something from real life has inspired/created those cliches. If I examine my own life critically, I can come up with quite a few episodes that would fit into "steamy" and/or pedestrian novels (including the "married man" episode).

People who are responding to threads are obviously gaining something from the experience just like those posting their problems/issues/questions (whether real or fictitious). Regardless of everyone's motivations, having these types of exchanges is generally a positive thing in our hectic and often self-contained and self-limiting lives.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 08:40 pm
I agree, Vixen, and welcome.
0 Replies

abe froman

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 08:51 pm
Usually when I post a question I run on and use a "stream of unconsciousness" because in order for someone to help you they must know about you and your situation. The more you put out their the more people can zero in a a solution. I do use paragraphs and spell check but the sentences are usually long and sound like brain vomit. This is only because I try not to miss anything and need to get all the thoughts out before they float away!

I always thank the individuals that respond, I think that is what your looking for when you wonder if it real or a prank. Plus if it is I notice that most of the post are between the hours of 7am -6pm so even it your answering a prank or false thread at least your not working hahahaha!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 09:22 pm
I agree, Vixen too.

I am also someone who had a love affair with a married man, in my case a surgeon, heh. Long ago and far away. I am not entirely sorry, for which I don't apologize to the world of wise women, but tend to agree with the general view here that such actions are not a step in the right direction. I had an accidental conversation with him about a year ago - absolutely not on purpose, I purposely didn't ask for his office - when I was trying to reach another friend at the university for non amorous reasons and was transferred to his office, and yikes, he answered. Well, that warmed the cockles of my heart, and I say that nonsarcastically. We talked in some kind of dual elation, though not all that meaningful past the moment. Neither of us will call again. But I bet we will pause when one or the other dies.
(This wasn't a one day stint.) Edit, not to knock one day.

He went through a messy divorce, not because of moi (he was serially amorous and - yes, I'm still not sorry) and is now, near dotage, he and new mature wife are happy (not that the others were immature). We talked about some of our memories with a certain jollity, not quickly, and about where we are now - a fine conversation, thirty years after.
I speak as antiphony to general moral dungeoning.
I am not for extramarital relationships as a thing to do,
but neither are all those who test those waters stupid clams.

In the meantime, my signature line is entirely coincidentally, since I tend not to post on such matters, from a line in the first few pages of a book by a young writer named Evelyn Lau, who writes of an attraction to a married man.

I made the original link not knowing what the book was about because I liked her command of language, and after reading the book, I still like her command of language.

Not sure I buy her exact take on the married man situation, even as she describes it, it seems just observed to me. But
she is a hell of a writer.
0 Replies