Having an Affair with a Married Woman

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 01:28 pm
not in this country, and not in europe. in some countries it would be, i imagine.
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 01:32 pm
It is so easy to judge people...
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 01:33 pm
Thanks, Dag. Obviously, I knew about Europe but had no idea about US..
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 01:39 pm
From wikipedia - links/sources there:

Quote:
In the United States, laws vary from state to state. For example, in Pennsylvania, adultery is technically punishable by 2 years of imprisonment or 18 months of treatment for insanity (for history, see Hamowy) (criminal statute repealed 1972), while in Michigan the Court of Appeals, the state's second-highest court, ruled that a little-known provision of state criminal law means that adultery carries a potential life sentence.[3] In Maryland, adultery is punishable by a fine of ten dollars. That being said, such statutes are typically considered blue laws and are rarely, if ever, enforced. In the U.S. Military, adultery is a court-martialable offense only if it had been "to the prejudice of good order and discipline" or "of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces".[4] This law has been applied to cases where both partners were members of the military, particularly where one was in command of the other, or one partner and the other's spouse. The enforceability of criminal sanctions for adultery is questionable in light of Supreme Court decisions since 1965 relating to privacy and sexual intimacy, and particularly in light of Lawrence v. Texas, which protected the right of privacy for consenting adults.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 01:44 pm
Thanks, Walter.

So, if Greg is living in Maryland, this is a 10 bucks topic...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 02:28 pm
kickycan wrote:
How about if the husband is in a coma?

What about if he's just a really heavy sleeper?

You could have thought he was in a coma, but came out of it after 8 or 9 hours.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 03:35 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
aren't you ... uh..assisting them with breaking their vows?

To me, this is like saying, "The other guy robbed the bank. I just drove the get-away car." You're still an accomplice -- and I believe you share some of the responsibility.

I believe the person outside of the relationship has no responsibility to the relationship.

~~~

Following your reasoning, if the bank robber and the get-away driver bought ice cream cones for a bunch of kids, the kids are obviously responsible for the robbery. They're certainly benefitting from it.

~~~

I don't think anyone should try to break up another person's committed relationship, but I also don't think they're responsible for maintaining the relationship.
0 Replies

rhachis

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 03:42 pm
Married woman
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I agree with Bear. Greg should be beaten and tossed into a pit of snakes.

LMAO

I agree with you.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 05:22 pm
Wow, the guys are way harsher with their opinions than the women. Are these the Agony Uncles, then?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 05:24 pm
Quote:
Following your reasoning, if the bank robber and the get-away driver bought ice cream cones for a bunch of kids, the kids are obviously responsible for the robbery. They're certainly benefitting from it.

I disagree. The person who drove the get-away car assisted the bank robber in the commission of a crime. If I help you do something wrong, I share some of the responsibility. Have you never heard of someone being charged with being an accomplice?

Quote:
I don't think anyone should try to break up another person's committed relationship, but I also don't think they're responsible for maintaining the relationship.

I think if a person knowingly engages in an affair with a married person, they are contributing to the breakdown of the person's marriage.

The bottom line for me is that I, personally, have more respect for someone who says, "I had an affair with a married person. We were both wrong to do that," rather than someone who points to the married person and says, "He (or she) was the one who cheated. Don't look at me!!," which seems like a weasely way to let themselves off the hook. I'm more impressed when someone owns up to their share of the responsibility.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 05:43 pm
Mame wrote:
Wow, the guys are way harsher with their opinions than the women. Are these the Agony Uncles, then?

I'm not familiar with that term....
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 06:47 pm
They're usually married to the Agony Aunts... previously referred to as such by someone on this site (well-meaning advice-givers).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 07:09 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Have you never heard of someone being charged with being an accomplice?

Yes, I've heard of it - and I don't think it applies in this sort of situation.
0 Replies

CougarHunter

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 08:46 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Whatever, uh she's the one who's married. Not him. She shouldn't be cheating on her f'in husband dope! No, he shouldn't be having an affair w/a married woman. But she's the one who's married. She shouldn't be cheating on her husband!
0 Replies

3dfan

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 08:50 am
@material girl,
Agree with all these statements and want to add that she obviously loves her kids and doesn't want to destroy the family
0 Replies

wildernick

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 01:51 am
@Greg008,
I have been married....and yes , I have had affairs with other married women, why...because I am a single father with two dependant children and an attitude of Love always finds the answers. Married life is quite different..... to that someone whom can open the door to allow empowering energy to escape from their lives.
A secret Friendship and trust is built....and if you have children between you both, they also become part of the energy that flows for both of you. In essence, Freedom = Unconditional Love

It however usually does not last, and once the forfillment of one has come full circle, another journey can begin for them. If you are the person involved with the affair from the outside point of view..(not married) then learn from this, never regret this time..it is sacred to you and you only and whatever maybe be..will be.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 02:01 am
Shes cheating and she gets half of his money? How the **** does that work?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 02:42 am
Amigo wrote:
How the **** does that work?

In very simple ways, amigo.
Just in case, take some sex education classes.. Wink
0 Replies

tommyboy33

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:19 am
@Greg008,
people can't help who they fall in love with! is an affair the proper thing to do? There is no right answer...its how you feel in your heart. Many people, some of them right here on this sight, will say "No, an affair is wrong!" but do they really know the circumstance and what is going on in your life? or in her life? We fall in love with someone for different reasons. Do those reasons remain constant through out our lives? maybe...maybe not! When reasons/situations change so can feelings. You fell in love with her...great! Enjoy the memories, cherish what you had. If it works out...great, if not move on and start over. Did she fall in love with you? Who knows?!? What you need to realize is that whether this woman did or didn't love you, something in her life changed...it changed for her to come and seek attention from you and then it changed again for her to tell her husband. You have fulfilled something in her that was missing...although it hurts you, it has probably helped her in some way. You may have provided her with certain feelings...like feeling sexy....feeling wanted....feeling loved....and from there she is now rejuvinated and sees things in a new light. With this new outlook she is possibly realizing that the problem in her relationship is not her and is now willing to work on it with her family. Yes it hurts...yes it sucks....but enjoy what you had, learn from it and move on. I don't even know if you are going to read this as you posted years ago...but i know there are many others out there that are in the same kind of situation....
0 Replies

BearCool

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 01:14 am
You can call me a spineless pussy. I am what I eat.
0 Replies