Sen. Robert Byrd: 'Today I Weep for My Country'

kuvasz

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 06:05 am
gee frankie baby, i'm almost jealous that jimbo went after you instead of me.

almost. but then again, we both know that you suffer fools better than i.

however, and once again, it should be clear, but for some reason, it is not to jimbo, that byrd was critical of bush and his minions, not the military. again, jimbo is making it up as he goes along, simply to smear anti-bush people as disloyal americans, thus undermining the validity of their comments and observations about the incompetence of bush and his gang of gangsters.

yet, perhaps jimbo is one of those folks who can not see the puppet from the puppeteer, and believes in fairly tales, too.

as to smears, ad hominums, and down right calling a spade a spade, note jimbo used the aspersion of reminding us of byrd being a member of the kkk as a young man. true, an act which byrd has reputiated for over 4 decades now. yet his use of the information of byrd's association with the kkk over 50 years ago is not germane to the issue byrd was discussing. no, instead, good ole' jimbo used that ancient fact of byrd's young adulthood to cast byrd himself, 50 years later, as a bad person, which would obviously undermine anything the man would say.

cute, jimbo, but no soup for you. you failed to deal with the statements i made on this issue and instead complained about critical comments which were hardly ad hominum attacks upon your person, in fact, calling byrd a racist, now after 40 years of him reputiating such behavior was more of an ad hominum attack on byrd than even me agreeing that one half of your name was a correct assessment of your character.

what is more at point is that bush is a mediocrity, devoid of a world view based upon experience in dealing with hardship in his own life, and exibits a blatant and willful ignorance of the world at large. his world view is one which is based upon a fundamentalist christian view point of the world. bush, in case it is not widely known does not believe in evolution and considers that the world, as in Genesis, was built in 6 days and that alone places him, at least in my eyes, as a complete fukking moron.

that the man is a congenital liar and bully, has no manners or respect for others, was a coward in the military, and had his daddy bale him out of every fukk-up he orcestrated in his abysamal business career taints my opinion of him not at all.

it is his inability to lead this country to long-term safety in an unsafe world, that is my critical complaint about the man.

were george bush a paid agent of the enemies of america, he could not have screwed up this country more than he has.

i consider george bush a traitor to america and its people and who should be prosecuted as one.

and in america, we hang traitors, dont we?
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:55 am
blatham,

to call someone dumb, with no examples, no backing, is disingenuous - therefore it leads one to believe that disagreement is the reason, why not let frank explain and let him point out why he feels as he feels?
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:58 am
edgar,

i figured you would have no backup, no reasons for the "retrogression" Smile and other statements, its ok, speak to only those who agree with you and you will all think you know what you are talking about

If all is being undone, surely you could come up with one thing? LOL
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:18 am
kuvasz,

i see many puppets and have for many years, they are those who dont think, but make comments they cant backup, they name call becasue they dont want to or cant discuss issues. others of their ilk just march and protest without knowing what they are saying, or without knowing or caring what the true motives or backround of the leaders or those funding the movement are.

byrd's kkk membership is relavent as to his character, but also as that membership is treated, compared to how trent lott's comments, praising someone retiring, were taken out of context.

byrd also use the "N" word on national tv last year, not 40 years ago, last year, any comments??

the media obviously treats republicans differently than democrats, imagine if a republican used the "N" word, you would be beside yourself! but its ok , we understand the media's bias and yet still go on...succed and win, therefore able to protect america and the world

as for your name calling as to my screenname, i didnt think it was necessary to comment on such a typical coomment from a liberal - i rather let it sit their so all could see your character, and lack of thinking

you call president bush a mediocrty, a liar, a bully, a coward, and a traitor, all wihout any reasons for using these words - why not explain each, other wise it is just name calling without any reasoning, typical, funny in fact, since its so laughable.

rather it is his ability to lead this nation to safety, after 8 years of attack after attack without response is refreshing and a long time in coming - i thanks god (yes God!, i know it hurts you when someone belives in God, lol) that george bush is president now and was on 9-11 and not clinton or gore - if either one of them were, i tremble to think that after 9-11 we might have shot a cruise missile into an empty tent and hit a camel, lol, or treated it as a criminal matter, instead of a national security matter. my neighbors and friends died when this nation was attacked on 9-11, let it never happen again!

alos, lets all cheer that the iraqi people are close to liberation!!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:19 am
Boo-Hoo! Boo-Hoo!
Am I still in love with you?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:21 am
kuv

Lovely to see you! You really ought to learn to let yourself go in discussion though, and not hold back like you do, even given your sympathetic concern for the disadvantaged.

jim

I don't think we'll be talking much in the future. I have no recollection of bumping into you on abuzz, but that's understandable.

You did claim though, that Bush achieved better marks at university than did Gore. I would very much like to see the course marks to which you refer. Could you provide them now, please.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:38 am
blatham,

gore (link below) recieved 5 F's out of 8 courses in divinty school - he never finsihed divinity school, lol. he also didnt graduate from vanderbilt law school.

here is one portion and then a link to the entire washington post article about gore and it mentions bush too:

"In his sophomore year at Harvard, Gore's grades were lower than any semester recorded on Bush's transcript from Yale. That was the year Gore's classmates remember him spending a notable amount of time in the Dunster House basement lounge shooting pool, watching television, eating hamburgers and occasionally smoking marijuana. His grades temporarily reflected his mildly experimental mood, and alarmed his parents. He received one D, one C-minus, two C's, two C-pluses and one B-minus, an effort that placed him in the lower fifth of the class for the second year in a row."

http://crm114.com/algore/reportcard.html
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:54 am
blatham,

do u see anyone here not following guidelines?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:13 am
I have plenty of reasons. I lived through most of the advances now gone or vanishing. They were not mirages. I have been through so many circle arguments with your sort that I find it counterproductive to start a new one. Your sort has a shield of armor about the mental process that can only be penetrated by a change in the fortunes of the people on a cataclysmic scale.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:18 am
On the name calling issue, Jimass has that rancorius tone and choice of language and example that makes most of what he says either name calling or arrogance. To continually call Byrd a KKK member is outright flimflammery and makes everything else he says suspect.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:24 am
edgar,

ok there are so many advances gone and yet you cant think of one, lol, no problem

and im name calling but others arent? lol its your sort, to use your word (blatham, is that a bad word, lol?) who name call and then dont back it up, but c'est la vie
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:28 am
I name nothing for your perusal, sir. For reasons already stated.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:33 am
edgar,

becasue you cant!! when you talk to your sort (again your word, lol) you all agree and dont think, i guess, but when questioned, you are tongue tied

i am happy to be living in the greatest country in the world in its greatest time

and happy that the liberation of the iraqi people is at hand
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:04 am
Has the phrase "like a broken record" crossed anyone else's mind of late?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:06 am
I am not only not tongue tied, I am aware you are trying to goad me into an argument, which as I have alreadysaid, always leads in circles. You conservatives always follow ideology without regard to the human factor. I will give you no tidbit to pounce on.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:07 am
edgar,

ok nuff said, but you shouldnt make comments you cant or wont back up...its ok...you liberals do this all the time, you mouth rhetoric and dont know what you mean..or cant defend it, lol, so typical
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:58 am
You are full of it. I make most of my arguments with action. I prefer to do what I can to sway the electorate. Since you already know my basic position and I yours and we will not budge, I go for the moves that will shift the power center back to a reasonable balance. That, my friend, is my reply to you and the matter is ended.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:03 am
Issues only...let's terminate all else at this point.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:05 am
edgar, ''ok i bet u belive what u say too, lol, too bad, ill go to a site where people can have teh where with all to defend their positions
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:06 am
adios - oops, didn't mean to be politically correct: Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
0 Replies