Sen. Robert Byrd: 'Today I Weep for My Country'

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:58 am
The term "deplorable" is not name-calling. The term moron is, I guess, but I prefer to think of it as calling a spade a spade.

But since you have raised the issue, I will retract it. I know some morons. They are much smarter than George Bush.

(Guess I may have opened myself up to nother charge of name-calling there. Allow me to plead guilty.)

BTW -- you never responded to my counter charges of name-calling on your part -- if you really insist on continuing this digression.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 12:20 pm
frank,

calling the president a moron, because you disagree with him, as you havent given any other reason, means that disagreement means soemone is a moron, it doesnt make sense!

please let me know when i named called
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 01:36 pm
jimnass wrote:
frank,

calling the president a moron, because you disagree with him, as you havent given any other reason, means that disagreement means soemone is a moron, it doesnt make sense!

COMMENT:

Good grief, Jim.

Do you think I am calling that moron a moron because I disagree with him?

No, no, no -- not at all.

I am calling him a moron because he is asparagus stalk stupid.

I disagree with many people -- I am, after all, an iconoclast. But I don't call them morons.

George Bush is pathetic.

I hate the idea that I feel that way about a president of the United States, but I do.

Sorry if I left you with the other impression.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 01:41 pm
Frank,

it is difficult if you just change words with the same or similar meaning. by the way, again, back to name calling, oh well...

why do you feel he is a moron, or asparagus stalk stupid, pathetic? have you felt this way about other presidents, since you say you hate the idea of feeling this way.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 01:42 pm
jimnass wrote:
frank, please let me know when i named called

COMMENT: Here are some quotes from your posts:

"When will this racist old fool resign?"

"Frank, You name calling is a typical liberal response..."

"...he again proved he is a hypocrite..."

"...part of bill Clinton's "politics of perssonal destruction" i guess! "

You're welcome in advance.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 01:53 pm
frank,

name calling is calling names without factual support, as calling someone a moron without backup

as for the comments u quote:

please tell me if a kkk member is racist?

as for calling someone a liberal, you think thats name calling - it is not, some are conservatives, some are liberals, its an explanation of a political position to most people!

dont u thnk its hypocritical to make the statements he did and then vote for the resolution he voted for?

bill clinton 's policy is often discussed in the media, in books, in magazines, etc, it isnt name calling, its factual

now u give me some facts as to your name calling
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 02:26 pm
jimnass wrote:
Frank,
why do you feel he is a moron, or asparagus stalk stupid, pathetic? have you felt this way about other presidents, since you say you hate the idea of feeling this way.

COMMENT:

Because I listen to him. The man is a moron.

No I have not felt this way about other presidents. I think Bush the elder was an intellectual lightweight -- and Reagan was not exactly a genius either. But neither was stupid.

George Bush makes Dan Quayle look like Einstein.

But we have digress enough. If you really want to continue this back and forth nonsense, you can PM me.

Otherwise you can respond to this post and have the last word -- so the thread can get back on track.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 02:50 pm
Frank,

i mean saying you listen to him, isnt enough of an answer as to why u feel he is a moron.

and isnt it kind of strange that all republicans are less intelligent than you feel they should be?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 05:42 pm
I thought Nixon was an evil genius. But yeah, you're right - I think most Republican presidents in my lifetime have been at least naiive, and at worst, dumb as a cinder block.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 06:41 pm
Byrd openly admitted he was wrong to have been a KKK member long ago. He has always tried to make up for the errors of his past.

As for the charge that he attacked America, he was actually doing his patriotic duty by trying help it get back on the right track.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 07:34 pm
snood,

its easy to call someone dumb, but why not explain your feeling - because looking at successes and policies, its hard to know how you have come to this conclusion
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 07:36 pm
edgar,

thankfully america is on the right track, after 8 years of half measures, and no measures, we have a president who knows how to and does take action to protect america!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 07:37 pm
jimnass wrote:
Frank,

i mean saying you listen to him, isnt enough of an answer as to why u feel he is a moron.

COMMENT:

Yes it is.

I listen to him a lot -- and every time I listen to him, I come away from the encounter convinced that he is just plain stupid.

Jim, the guy is dumb.

Don't get me wrong -- my bet would be that I would enjoy playing golf or poker with him -- and imagine there was a time when going out for a drink with him and picking up women would would have been very enjoyable.

But the guy is a dunce.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 07:42 pm
frank,

he was a fighter pilot, and so cant be anything close to a dunce. he went to ivy league colleges and did well, better than supposed genius al gore. he has handled his presidency quite well, he ahs handled the terrorist crisis and foreign affairs, as well as domestic policy well

it seems to me that your dilike or disagreement with him and with all republicans has colored your view

since you cant explain why bush or any republican is dumb, why not give me examples of who you think is smart?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 07:46 pm
jimnass wrote:
and isnt it kind of strange that all republicans are less intelligent than you feel they should be?

COMMENT:

I use to wonder about that myself -- but at some point I came to the conclusion that I should just accept it.

Obviosuly there are lots of dumb people at the top of the Republican heap.

Fact is, a huge number of people who vote for these dolts are not exactly rocket scientists either. So as Sen. Roman Hruska of Nebraska once said, "Hey, dumb people have a right to be represented too!"

In any case, as Snood mentioned, President Nexon was anything but stupid -- and I agree.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 07:50 pm
We are in a state of retrogression, undoing all that was achieved in the 20th Century. The mentality of America is approaching Hoover and beyond, with notions of controling the entire globe thrown in.
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 08:00 pm
frank,

this is going nowhere, you think someone is dumb because u disagree and therefore they must be dumb - therefore i am dumb to, in your opinion, since i vote for these most successful of presidents! you didnt tell me who u feel isnt dumb, who is smart, other than nixon?
0 Replies

jimnass

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 08:02 pm
edgar,

talk is cheap, please tell me more about this state of "retrogression" Smile and explain to me what we are undoing?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 12:27 am
jim

For goodness sakes...would you please be a bit more discerning in your statements and thinking. It is an invalid inference to assume that frank thinks Bush stupid merely because of disagreement.

Now, what did Bush study and what marks did he achieve in these studies?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 12:45 am
I would tell you what is being undone, but you would start berating liberal thinking with all the current conservative nonsense. No thanks.
0 Replies