The guy at work

Lady J

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 02:33 pm
Hehehe...What HAPPENS behind the shed, STAYS behind the shed!! I like your thinking shewolf! Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 03:11 pm
Twenty-five year olds have been known to preen and crow.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 03:53 pm
Well, Montana....let me just first say that I'm glad those young guys you work with know a quality woman when they see one!

I'm thinking....maybe Mr. Sexy Green Eyes is in your life for a reason at this particular time. I don't mean that you should "take it to the next level" with him. I mean the fact that he's awakened all those "womanly" feelings in you. Maybe it's time for you (now that your son is on the verge of leaving the nest) to have someone special in your life.

This might be a good time for you to explore other opportunities to meet men. Maybe find someone who is closer in age (or not! whichever you want!) but someone who is outside the workplace. Then you won't have all those worries about "is this going to mess things up for me at work?"

It would be nice to have a guy in your life that you could spend some time with, get to know, flirt with, all that "good stuff," without the pressure or awkwardness of the workplace situation.

And when you do meet a nice guy that you'd like to get to know, I think you should just be honest about your feelings. Just say upfront, "I haven't been in a relationship in quite some time. Been busy raising my son. So, I'd like to take this slow, have a chance to get to know somebody, before I get intimate with them."

What's wrong with that? Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. And if he's any kind of guy worth having, he'll understand. He'll be willing to put in the time with you to have a worthwhile relationship.

Then you'll be able to relate to Mr. Sexy Green Eyes as a nice guy, very cute, fun to work with -- but you'll know that you have (insert name of new boyfriend here) to share your life and love with -- without jeopardizing your job.

Just a suggestion!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 06:16 pm
Yup, I think practicing restraint is my best bet. I know my son wouldn't have a problem with it, but I would. I work and like working next to the babe and I don't want to mess up my fantacy. I just wish he'd stop teasing me, because he's driving me mad, lol!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 06:32 pm
Stray Cat
You give extremely good advice and you seem to know exactly what I want and where I stand :-D
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 07:56 pm
Drats! I guess I'll have to find my own green eyed lover since you won't be providing juicy details. If Bear finds out, I'm blaming Montana. Razz
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 09:24 pm
lol squinney - where is the bear, when you want to hear from him on this - LOL - like I know what the bear is going to say
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 05:33 am
Oh yeah, just use me as your fall girl, squinney, lol!

Husker
I'm pretty sure the Bear would advise me to jump the kids bones and I bet that he'd be very disapointed in my choice to keep him at bay ;-)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 05:41 am
Stray cat gets it right.

M: Now that you know the motor still starts, you got to find someone NOT FROM WORK to put it into drive.

Joe
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 05:54 am
Good morning, Joe :-D

I was, and still am not looking for a serious relationship, but this is just happening to me against my will.
Now that my son is grown, I'm looking forward to having my freedom and in my eyes, a relationship would interfere with that. Unfortunately my hormones are talking very loudly these days and I can't shut them up, lol!
I'm thinking a special friend, with no commitment would be kind of nice :-D

What do you guys think?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 06:04 am
The trick is once you start with hunky punky how are you going to keep them all (why one?) from falling in love with you?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 06:14 am
And how do I keep myself from falling for them? It's times like these that make me wish life wasn't so complicated.
I don't do one night stands and I don't want a serious relationship, so from where I sit, it looks like I can't win for trying!

<sigh>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 06:26 am
The thing that kills me is that I was doing just fine until this cuttie started my fire and I wish we were all equipped with a switch where we could simply turn our hormones on and off anytime we want.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 01:26 pm
Oh, I know what you mean, Montana. Sometimes we can't help feeling attracted to someone ....even though we know they're not really the right person for us. But those "feelings" can just make you feel dizzy!

But I like your idea of having a "special friend." Sounds like just the thing you need at the moment. Who knows? It can always lead to something deeper, when and if you're ready.

Sounds like a plan!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 03:16 am
Yes, it is difficult when feelings get involved, but being older and hopefully wiser, I know now that I can atleast keep myself from making mistakes I've made in the past.

A special friend would certainly come in very handy right now and who knows what the future holds for me. My main problem is that I have some serious trust issues that I need to deal with before I ever get involved with anyone again.
My past is haunting me and holding me back and I'm sure there is good reason for it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 11:23 pm
Aw, man! You're gonna HATE my advice! <LOL>

Sometimes you just hafta get something (or someone) out of your system. I vote for waiting until the season ends, then jumping his bones. Who knows if both of you will be back next season, or if you'll even be working in the same area?

You've been through a looooooooong dry spell, dear cousin, and your feelings are proof that it's time for it to end. There's really no other good way to deal with trust issues than to start a fresh relationship. Stop borrowing trouble by resurrecting dead issues from the past and just relax and let it flow! It'll go as far as it's meant to go. It may last two days, it may last two months, or it may last forever, but however long it lasts, it'll make you feel really and truly and fully alive again. And you need that! Hell, we all do.

You're burning daylight, sweetie! Have some FUN!!!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 12:49 am
You can introduce him to me, and I will take the problem away from yr hands..table...whatever !

Alternatively, GO FOR IT !! I agree with Slappy, why bring feelings in a purely physical encounter ?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:41 am
Montana, just make up you own mind about this. And maybe, keep it private. Very Happy

Keep talking if you want more input to sort out your feelings, though. Very Happy
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:15 am
Have to admit I havnt read the whole thread but I reckon you should go for it.
I thought my 2 and a halfyears was a dry spell, but 8 years!!!
How often do you get 2 people liking each other.Its usually just one sided.
GO FOR IT, life is short.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:27 am
I was thinking along the same lines as Eva. Is there a season ending party? Once the season is over you'll have a few months to decide whether you want any kind of relationship with him. It will be less complicated then. In the meantime you can stick to your guns about not getting involved with people you work with. Still, there's nothing that says you can't get to know each other better now.
0 Replies